QuickBooks is well-known for delivering amazing features that make the accounting process much more convenient. Moreover, it also offers a secure payment mode so that you can easily handle all your business payment issues. You can easily add a credit card account to QuickBooks Online and download the transactions easily. Doing so will let you track your business payment appropriately, consisting of date and time.
Read this entire post attentively to get step-by-step instructions to easily add a credit card account to QuickBooks.
Didn’t have proper technical assistance to add a credit card account to QuickBooks Online? If that’s the scenario, simply place a call at +1 855 706 0905 and obtain the verified solution to overcome the issue.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Add a Credit Card Account to QuickBooks Online
Wondering how to add a credit card account to QuickBooks Online? Don’t Panic! Follow the instructions below to accomplish the task effortlessly.
Stage 1: Adding Your Bank or Credit Card Account
The users can connect many businesses and personal accounts with QuickBooks. For doing the same, you have to follow the below-listed instructions properly.
- In the beginning, select the Bookkeeping > Transactions > Bank Transactions option.
- For instance, if you are setting up a bank account for the first time, click the Connect Account option. Alternatively, you can also pick the Link Account option if you have already linked one account.
- After this, add the name of your financial institution, credit card, or credit union within the search area.
- In case you are facing issues while finding your bank but still need to add the transactions. In that scenario, you can upload your bank transactions manually.
- Next, choose the highlighted Continue option and then log in to your bank with proper login credentials.
- Now, act according to the instructions directed on the screen. These instructions might consist of security checks that your financial institution requires. You must wait patiently as your bank may take a couple of seconds to connect.
- Furthermore, pick the account you wish to connect by tapping the Account Type drop-down menu list. Later on, select the account type that tally with your charts of accounts in QuickBooks.
If you are unable to find the right account type within the drop-down menu list, then perform the following steps:
- The users must choose how far back you wish to get the transactions downloaded. Some financial institutions allow you to download the last 90 days of transactions. At the same time, other banks let you download the transactions for up to the last 24 months.
- Then, proceed further by hitting the Connect option.
Use the Charts of Accounts to Connect your Bank Account
You may also connect with your bank account through charts of accounts. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to do the same.
- To begin with, move to the Settings option and then opt for the Charts of Accounts.
- Now, look for the account you wish to connect with from the available options.
- Choose the View Register drop-down menu from the Action column and pick the Connect bank option.
- Now, you must go through the instructions displayed on the screen to connect your bank to QuickBooks.
Stage 2: Get the Recent Transactions Downloaded
After connecting QuickBooks with your bank or credit card account, you can automatically download the transactions. So that users don’t have to have to add the transactions manually. For getting the transactions downloaded, you must perform the instructions listed below.
- In the first phase, move to the Bookkeeping menu and then hit Transactions.
- After this, choose the highlighted Bank Transactions option.
- Then, head toward the Update option.
Stage 3: Classify the Downloaded Transactions
Once QuickBooks has downloaded your transactions, you have to verify and classify your transactions. You must be sure that you have categorized all the transactions appropriately. For doing so, we have provided you with the list of steps below; follow them closely.
- Firstly, head towards Bookkeeping > Transactions > Bank Transaction.
- Next, you must choose the tile of the account you wish to review.
- After this, opt for the For Review tab to initiate the review process.
- Consequently, QuickBooks will start sending downloaded transactions to the For Review tab. It has been suggested that you must review the transactions one by one.
- On the other hand, to streamline the review process, you have to establish a bank rule which will automatically classify transactions for you.
Stage 4: Examine Matched or Added Transactions
Once you add or match the downloaded transactions, it will automatically be recorded in QuickBooks. To review the matched or added transactions, implement the steps listed below.
- To start the procedure, move to Bookkeeping > Transactions > Bank Transactions.
- You have to choose the tile for the account you wish to review.
- Afterwards, proceed further by clicking on the Categorized or Reviewed tab.
- After that, choose the link within the Added or Matched column to review the transaction.
Wrapping It Up!!
Hopefully, after reading this entire post, we assure you that you can easily add a credit card account to QuickBooks Online. However, if you still need help adding the account, communicate with our professionals. You can share your doubts with our professionals available 24*7 on live chat. Our specialists will make all their efforts to guide you with the proper solution to your query.