QuickBooks error 1706 is a point of sale error that indicates that there is an issue with the downloading and installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS). This error mostly arises when the user tries to attempt the installation from a removable media, and it appears with a pop-up display message as;
“Error: 1706, No valid source could be found while opening the point of sale.”
If you are also facing the QuickBooks error 1706, then this article can be greatly helpful for you. In this write-up, we are going to discuss in depth the list of solutions that you can execute step-by-step to get the error resolved.
“Get immediate help from experts in eliminating error code 1706 in QuickBooks by placing a call at+1 855 706 0905.”
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 1706
Some of the common factors/ reasons due to why the user may encounter the QuickBooks error 1706 while working on the software are as follows;
- If you have installed the incompatible or beta version of the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 on your device.
- QuickBooks desktop accounting software is not installed properly on your device.
- If the QuickBooks company’s files is damaged or corrupted.
- If you have setup too many applications that automatically starts during the windows start-up procedure, then it can eventually lead to QuickBooks error 1706 on your device.
- The PC’s windows registry files are damaged or corrupted.
- If you have installed the Point of Sale software from the damaged or corrupted external drive.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1706?
Let’s take a look towards some of the tried and tested solutions that you can easily carry out step-by-step to fix QuickBooks error 1706;
Solution 1. Download the New Updates of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Given below are the steps that you can easily carry out to download the new updates of QuickBooks point of sale software on your device;
- First of all, users have to move towards the “Downloads and Update” web page drop down menu list on your device.
- After that, as the product drop down menu appears on the screen, then you have to select the “QuickBooks Point of Sale” option.
- Moving ahead, you have to select the edition and the version of the product which you are using.
- Next, click on the “Search” tab option, and then click on the “Get the Latest Updates” option.
- Once you are done with the above steps, then you have save that file on your device, and then update the QuickBooks POS software on your device.
- At last, perform a deep restart of your device.
Once you are done with the above-listed steps, then verify if the QuickBooks error code 1706 has been resolved or not. In case, if you are still facing the error, then try the next solution.
Solution 2. Re-install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Software
The next solution that we suggest you to follow to resolve QuickBooks error code 1706 is re-installing the QuickBooks desktop point of sale software on your device. In order to do that, here are the steps that you can carry out;
Note: If you have installed the incorrect version of software on your device, then you have to re-install the software to use it smoothly. After installation, users won’t be able to modify the installation type.
- First of all, you have to download the latest version of QuickBooks point of sale on your device.
- Thereon, double click on the “POS Executable File” and if prompted, then overwrite the existing extracted files.
- Next, you have to select the “All Positive” options from the installation wizard.
- Moving ahead, provide the license and product number of your QuickBooks account. You have to provide these details without any use of spaces and dashes.
- Once you are done with the above steps, then you have to select the mode in which you wants to install and use the QuickBooks point of sale on your device.
- In case, if you wants to use the QuickBooks POS on a stand alone system, then you have to select the “Single User” option.
- Whereas, if you want to use the POS software on more than 2 PC’s, then you can choose Multi user mode.
- You have to carefully choose the system type server and the version of POS software, that you wants to installed on your workstation.
- At last, once you are done with the above-listed steps, then you have perform a reboot of your device, and then activate the QuickBooks POS account on your device.
Solution 3. Run the System File Checker Tool on your Device
In order to use the system file checker tool on your workstation, given below are the steps that you can carry out to do so;
- First of all, you have to move towards the windows start menu on your device.
- After that, you have to type “Command prompt” in the search bar.
- Now, as the search list appears on the screen, then you have to do a right click on the “Command Prompt” option, and select the “Run as Admin” option.
- If prompted, then you have to provide the login credentials of your admin account.
- In a scenario, if your PC is working with the windows 11, 10, 8.1, or 8 operating system, then you have to use the DISM tool before using the system file checker tool.
- Moving ahead, type “SFC/Scannow” in the command prompt window followed by pressing the enter button.
- With that effect, the system file checker tool will start the scanning and repairing process of corrupted system files on your device.
We hope that the above listed information has helped you in terminating QuickBooks error 1706. In a scenario, if you are still encountering the QuickBooks error 1706, or if you faced any challenge while carrying out the above-listed steps, then you can get in touch with our team via Phone at +1 855 706 0905. Our accounting experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend your query, and deliver the best possible solution.