QuickBooks script error are generally related to Internet Explorer. These errors generally arise when the user tries to open the company file in QuickBooks. Whenever the user tries to open to load a specific page, and if it fails to load properly, then it can lead to a QuickBooks script error.
Note: The line, char, and URL may vary in the error code message.
This error will never damage the company’s important data, but it can cause your device to run smoothly. If you are tired of facing QuickBooks script error, then in this blog, we will mention troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix QuickBooks script error. So, read this entire blog till the end to avail complete information.
Also Read: QuickBooks not Responding
“If you need any guidance and help from experts in dealing with QuickBooks script error, then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts at+1 855 706 0905.”
Why Does QuickBooks Script Error Arises?
There are numerous reasons due to why the QuickBooks Script Error problem arises. Although we have tried our best to list some of the most common and possible reasons why the issue occurs;
- The script debugging element is enabled on your PC.
- Damaged or corrupted windows user can also lead to the script error in QuickBooks desktop.
- If your PC is affected by malware threats, then it creates a hindrance in accessing company file.
- When you are providing the account details which are already in use.
- Previously made changes in your PC were not saved or checked.
- Importing a bill or invoice from an account is different from accounts due or assets.
Also Read: Query Processing Error QuickBooks
How to Fix QuickBooks Script Error?
The underneath mentioned are the troubleshooting solutions that you can follow step-by-step to terminate QuickBooks script error;
Solution 1. Set Intuit as a Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
- Launch the Internet Explorer web browser on your device, and navigate to the settings and Security tab option.
- Thereon, navigate to the trusted sites section, and add “Intuit.com.”
- Again navigate to the trusted site’s window, and un-check the “Require Server Verification (https:)” option.
- Followed by the above steps, close the “Trusted Sites” window and unmark the “Enable Protected Mode” option.
- At last, close “Internet Explorer” and open the QuickBooks desktop application again.
Now, verify if the QuickBooks script error has been terminated or not. In case the script error persists, then try the next solution.
Solution 2. Delete Cache & History Data Internet Explorer
The next solution you should implement is to delete the browser’s history and cache in the Internet Explorer web browser. Clearing the history will help you to run the QuickBooks desktop smoothly.
Given below are the steps that you can follow to clear the history and cache in the Internet Explorer web browser;
- Firstly, navigate to the settings on the Internet Explorer browser.
- After that, move toward the history section and checkmark all the boxes.
- Thereon, click on the “Delete” option.
- At last, click on the “Apply” and “OK” option.
Also Read: QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly
Solution 3. Use Internet Explorer in Compatibility View
- On the Internet Explorer browser, click on the “Settings” tool icon available at the extreme left side of the screen.
- As the settings drop-down list appears on the screen, click on the “Compatibility View Settings” option.
- Now, the compatibility view window will be open on your device.
- Moving ahead, you have to checkmark the box next to the “Display all websites in Compatibility View” option.
- At last, click on the “Close” option to save the updated changes.
After launching the Internet Explorer in compatibility view mode, open the QuickBooks desktop and verify if the script error has been resolved.
Solution 4. Delete SSL Certificates
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to delete SSL certificates in the Internet Explorer web browser;
- Navigate to the Internet Explorer settings by clicking on the “Gear” icon.
- The second step is to click on the “Internet Options.”
- Move to the “Content” tab option, and then click on the “Clear SSL State” button.
- Thereon, save the new changes by clicking on the “OK” option.
Also Read: QuickBooks Desktop 2023 Summary
Solution 5. Disable Add-ons
The add-ons in Internet Explorer can sometimes cause the browser to work slowly or may even lead to a crash. Therefore, it’s suggested to disable add-ons on the web browser so QuickBooks can easily connect with the online server.
Here are the steps that you can follow to turn off add-ons on the Internet Explorer web browser;
- At first, move towards the “Tools” option in the Internet Explorer browser.
- After that, click on “Internet Options” and select the “Programs” tab option.
- Thereon, select the “Manage Add-ons” option, and then click on the “Disable” option available at the bottom side of the screen.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Add-on” option, and select the “OK”> “Exit” option.
After performing the steps mentioned above, verify whether the QuickBooks script error has been terminated.
Solution 6. Reset Internet Explorer Settings
If you mistakenly make any changes to the browser’s settings, it could lead to incompatibility and technical glitches, leading to script errors in QuickBooks.
Therefore, we suggest you reset the Internet Explorer settings on your device. Here are the steps that you can follow to set reset Internet Explorer settings to default;
- Firstly, launch Internet Explorer, and click on the “Tools” option.
- As the tools drop-down list appears on the screen, then select “Internet Options” and click on the “Advanced” tab.
- At last, end this process by clicking on the “Reset” option.
We hope the above solutions have helped you assist with the QuickBooks script error. In case the error continues to linger, then you can give us a call at +1 855 706 0905. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24/7 to help you in fixing the error. Place your call now to avail immediate help!
Also Read: Sage 50 Not Responding