Have you also recently started to use the QuickBooks online services? If yes, then you might be thinking about how to create or add new users to the QuickBooks Online account. If you are also among them, you are at the right place. In this blog post, we are going to provide you with all the information about how to add a new user to the QuickBooks Online account. So, if you also want to learn to create a new QuickBooks online user, then stay tuned till the end of this informative blog post.
How Can I add a New QuickBooks Online User?
Below are the steps you can follow to create a new QuickBooks online user.
Step 1. Manage the Users Menu
- The first step is to login to your QuickBooks Online account.
- After that, under the home page screen, click on the “Gear” menu option.
- Now, click on the “Manage Users” option under the “Your Company” section under the list.
Step 2. Go To The User Settings
- After that, under the manage users page, open the user settings menu list by clicking on the “New” option.
Step 3. Select Your User Type
- Moving ahead, select the type of account in you want to add.
- If the type of account you want to add is missing from the list, select the first option, i.e., “Regular or Custom user,” and click on the “Next” option.
Step 4. Allow Users Access Rights
- Once you click on the “Next” option in the previous step, you must select the user’s permission.
- If you want to permit full permission to the user, select the “All” option; otherwise, select the “Limited” option to select the items you want to access.
Step 5. Allow User’s Administrative Rights
- You can also provide administrative rights to the users to access your QuickBooks company’s file.
- Through the administrative rights, users can also view the manage users tab, but they cannot add or delete users or cannot even change the access rights.
- Select the “View manage users” option under the user management heading to get this done.
- After that, under the Company information settings, click on the “View Only” option so that the users can access the company information.
- If you want to allow your new user to edit the company information, click on the “Edit” information.
Step 6. Provide New User’s Email Address
- Moving ahead, you have to provide the new user’s email address along with its first and last name.
- After entering the details, click on the “Next” option.
Step 7. Finish Adding New User
- Once you complete the above steps, click on the “Finish” option.
- Afterward, the user will receive a mail on their email address and a link to your QuickBooks online account.
- At last, the users have to create a new login name and password to use the QuickBooks online account.
How to Give Access to QuickBooks Online Account to Accountant?
So, here are the steps that you can follow to provide access to your QuickBooks online account to the accountant.
Step 1. Send Invitation to the Accountant
- First, on your QuickBooks Online account, go to the Manage Users screen.
- Then, from the top side of the screen, click on the “Accounting Firms” option.
- Moving ahead, enter your accountant’s email address in the insert box.
- At last, click on the “Invite” option.
Note: There is no need to invite two accountants from the same company, and your accountant can easily share their access with other bookkeepers within the company.
Step 2. Complete the Setup Process
- Once you send the invitation link, your accountant will receive a new mail containing a link to sign to your QuickBooks online account.
- As soon as your accountant sign in to the QuickBooks account, their status on the manage user page will turn from Invited to Active.
- After that, your accountant will automatically get administrator rights to all the areas of your online QuickBooks company.
How Many Users Can Be Added In The QuickBooks Online Account?
Here is the complete list of users that can be added to the different versions of the QuickBooks online account.
|Standard and Admin users||1||3||5||25|
|Time Tracking Only Users||0||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Reports Only Users||0||0||Unlimited||Unlimited|
How Can I Change User’s Access in QuickBooks Online Account?
If you want to change or modify the access of any of the users, then below are the steps you can follow to get it done.
- First, log in to your QuickBooks online account with the profile, which has administrative rights.
- After that, on the home page of the screen, click on the “Settings” option.
- Then click on the manage users option and then select the account in which you want to make some changes.
- Under the action column, click on the “Edit” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “New User Type” option under the drop-down menu list.
- Select the required user settings and click on the “Save” option.
- At last, the user has to log out from their account and log in again to check the implemented changes.
How Can I Delete A User in QuickBooks Online Account?
So, here are the steps that you can follow to delete a user in the QuickBooks Online account.
- First, log in to your QuickBooks online account with login credentials of the account with administrative rights.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Manage User” option and select the user you want to delete.
- After that, under the action column, click on the “Arrow Icon” and then click on the “Delete” option.
- At last, a new pop-up confirmation window will be open on your screen. There again, click on the “Delete” or “Yes” option.
So, that’s the end of today’s blog. In this blog post, we have covered all the steps about how you can add a new QuickBooks Online user. You can easily perform the earlier steps to add a new user to your QuickBooks Online account. In case, while performing the steps mentioned above, you face any challenge or error, then feel free to reach out to us through the chat box. You can also mail us your query. Our experienced and professional QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to provide the best solution for your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Does the sent invitations has a time limit?
A: The invitations you sent to the users are available only for 48 hours. If the user does not accept the invitation link and fails to log in to the account during that time, you have to create a new user and share the invitation again.
2. How Can I add a user and password to the QuickBooks online account?
- At first, click on the plus (+) sign to add a new user. After that, provide the username and password and select the permissions level for users.
- To edit a user, easily double-click the user name and make the required changes.
- Select the user name for deleting a user, and then click on the minus (-) sign.
3. How is primary admin different from secondary admin in QuickBooks online?
A: A primary admin can add or delete users, can edit, edit user roles, can assign secondary admin roles to users, and can change the primary admin role to another user. Whereas a secondary admin can add or delete users, can edit user roles, and can assign secondary admin roles to users.
4. Can I change the administrator to another existing user?
- First, click on the “Company” available at the top menu bar.
- After that, select the “Users” option.
- Click on the “Set up Users and Roles” option.
- At last, click on the “Edit” option.
- Now, on this page, you can easily change your account’s admin name and login credentials.
- At last, click on the “OK” option to save the update changes.
5. How can I add an admin to the QuickBooks online account?
- First, click on the “Add User” option and type your user’s email address.
- After that, under the list of available roles, select the secondary admin option and click on the “Add” option.
- Again click on the “Add User” option.
- After that, a new screen with the invite status and role will open your screen.
- At last, click on the “OK” option to save the updated changes.