QuickBooks is used for accounting tasks, bank transactions, payslips, bills, taxes, etc. In a recent technological world, everything is required in an uncomplicated and easy manner. Users can carry out their accounting tasks seamlessly because it has many advantages. QuickBooks comes in various versions that can be accessed offline as well as online. This software is prone to various errors which can occur during installation, upgradation or re-installation. You can troubleshoot these errors with the assistance of the experts if you can’t do so.
Few QuickBooks errors can frustrate users if they can’t work with this software. This software may lead to the loss of company files and other related business information. If you can’t resolve this error, you must dial the QuickBooks customer service number to fix QuickBooks Error Code 3371. You will also learn about this error code, its causes, and solutions in this write-up.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Take Place?
It has been understood that Intuit has given importance to license information saved on your hard drive. If the license, information, file or data is lost, damaged, or corrupted, you may face QuickBooks error code 3371. This process takes place due to the transferring of C: drive data to another hard disk. It has become essential to re-enter your license information to get this problem resolved in such a situation.
There are various causes behind this error, and it can be resolved with the help of experts. These reasons are listed below.
- Lost or corrupted QuickBooks desktop file
- Due to QBdat – This installation file contains your license details. QuickBooks won’t open if the file is not working appropriately or corrupted.
- Corrupted MSXML component – MSXML is an essential component developed by Microsoft. It’s required by QuickBooks to run on your system. This tool assists QuickBooks desktop to fetch out Qbregistration.dat file details. If this file is damaged, it may restrict you from accessing the QuickBooks desktop.
- Disturbance of Anti-virus – The expired antivirus program or windows operating system has quarantined few QuickBooks desktop files.
- Proper Networks and QuickBooks Enterprises with Webconnect Users – Users may encounter this error by accessing this file without saving it first. They must save the file before fetching it out .QBO file.
- It takes place when you try to access the file without saving it. It has been advised to store the .QBO file before you import it.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
Remember some essential points
- QuickBooks installation doesn’t take place if windows are not updated in your system. Upgrade your windows operating system with the latest version.
- Suppose you encounter the same errors after implementing the same solutions, then you must consult with an IT professional to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371.
What Are the Rectifying Procedures to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371?
Some troubleshooting steps are given below to fix QuickBooks error 3371.
Method – 1 Upgrade Your Windows Operating System
QuickBooks installation can’t take place in your system if windows are not available with the latest upgrades. Few steps are given below to go through Windows updates.
- Press on the Windows logo
- Choose all program and press on Windows update option
- Press ‘install QuickBooks’ after representing the updates.
In most cases, several errors can be fixed after following the first method given above. Suppose if this has not worked for you, then follow the next rectifying method to fix it.
Method – 2 Remove the ECML file and Rename the Entitlement file
Various symptoms occur when a user tries to access the company file in QuickBooks accounting software, and it fails due to a damaged file or inappropriate method. It normally asks for a mysterious HTML file.
- Grasp Windows + R key to run the file on your keyboard. It will access a Run window
- Copy C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement\Client\v8 in your window, and then mention it
- Then, tap the Ok key button. It will open Windows Explorer at that specified location
- A user will find the ecml file, then tap a right-click on it and now choose the delete option to fix the error 3371
- Shut down this window and then reactivate your QuickBooks software
- Register the item again if failed to do so.
Various solutions are available on your website, but you must perform with a reliable one. Take advice from experts and allot the work to them.
Suppose you are a Windows XP user, then few methods are given below to fix this error.
- Press start and select the run option
- Fill the following command into the open field
- Choose “C:// documents and Settings all users” application DataIntuitEntitlementClientv2
- Now, press on Ok button
- Then, remove the entitlement datastore .ecml file or rename it to fix the error.
After going through the above solutions, if you can’t resolve QuickBooks error code 3371, you must dial the QuickBooks helpline number to troubleshoot it immediately.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 103