TurboTax is the widely used software that helps businesses file their tax return accurately and timely. Like any other software, Intuit also releases several upgrades and updates to improve the application’s performance. Therefore, it is crucial to upgrade TurboTax to the currently released version so that you can enhance your tax-filing experience.
However, we have discussed the procedure in this blog to help you upgrade TurboTax to the higher version. Also, we have explained why there is a need to upgrade the tax-filing software below.
Need help Upgrade TurboTax to the most recently launched version? Speak with our experts at +1 855 706 0905 and learn some useful tips to do the same.
Significance of Upgrading the TurboTax to the latest version
The users are required to upgrade TurboTax software to the higher version to access the improved functionality and features of the application. Apart from this, there are plenty of other reasons to upgrade the software.
- The users need to upgrade the TurboTax software because it has new features. With the help of the new and enhanced features, you can improve your tax-filing experience.
- The application upgraded to the latest version must have better efficiency than the outdated software. Also, it helps eliminate the time you usually spend filing taxes.
- With the upgraded version of the TurboTax software, there would be less possibility of encountering issues. In other words, the users won’t get issues that usually occur due to outdated TurboTax versions.
- Moreover, you can also get access to top-notch security features so that you can secure your tax-related information. Thus, it helps reduce the risk of data loss or damage that might cause a huge loss to your company.
- You can also access the best assistance if you encounter any issues while operating the tax filing software.
Detailed Procedure to Upgrade TurboTax for Windows Users
At times, the question might arise in the user’s mind of how to upgrade TurboTax from a lower version to a higher one in Windows. Therefore, to help you with that, we have listed some of the simple steps to do the same.
- Begin the process by opening the tax return in TurboTax. Then, click on the highlighted Upgrade TurboTax option present at the bottom of the screen. (Note: If you are facing difficulty locating the Upgrade option, go to the Help menu from the top menu).
- Following this, you have to make the appropriate choice of the version in which you want to upgrade your TurboTax software. Here, you must ensure that you have picked the newly launched software version.
- Afterwards, head towards the Upgrade Now option and then click on it.
- Now, follow the directions as displayed on the screen and then go ahead by purchasing the upgrade.
- After the upgrade, continue working on the tax return using the TurboTax software. The users won’t have to start from the beginning to continue further with the ongoing task in the TurboTax software.
Steps for Upgrading to the Higher Version of TurboTax Online
- Before starting the process, check that you have signed in to your TurboTax account. Also, check that you have opened the tax return on your device.
- If you won’t see the Sign In option, you must hit the Upgrade option from the menu.
- Choose the version in which you have to upgrade the application. Here, you must ensure that you have picked the most recently launched version of TurboTax software.
- Eventually, you might be prompted whether you want to print or e-file your tax returns. You can also implement the following steps to pay the taxes in advance.◦ First of all, click on the File menu > Start or Revisit option located behind the Review your Order option.
◦ As a result, it will present the summary of your order on your computer screen. Further, you have to pick the “View Payment Options”.
◦ Proceed further until you get the screen with a message stating, “How would you like to pay for TurboTax?”. You have to tap on the Pay with Credit Card option in this window.
◦ Following this, fill in all the credit card details and click on the Continue button.
- After filing all the taxes in the TurboTax software, you may access the Tax Home to access all of the upgraded features.
Also Read: How to Change TurboTax Password
How to Upgrade TurboTax Plus Using These Simple Steps?
Are you encountering issues while upgrading TurboTax plus and don’t know how to proceed further? If that’s so, go through the steps below to upgrade to the Plus version of TurboTax.
Case 1: Upgrade to TurboTax Plus 2018 Version
If you want to access the previous year’s tax return and haven’t paid for the TurboTax 2017 version for the Plus edition. Then you have to upgrade TurboTax Plus 2018 version. For that, you need to go through the following points attentively.
- In the beginning, log in to your 2018 account using the same user ID you generated for a previous year’s online tax return.
- Now, fill in all the personal details within the required text fields. Then, from the screen’s left side, choose the option of Upgrade.
- You have to scroll down until you get the Plus More Help & Tools option and then click on it.
- Following this, tap on the Upgrade Now option. (If you notice that the plus is grayed out, it represents that you are already using an upgraded TurboTax Plus).
Case 2: Upgrade Free Edition to TurboTax Plus Edition
For instance, if you have already filed the tax return 2018 via Free Edition without Plus, you must upgrade to TurboTax Plus. Moreover, you also have to pay first to get access to the previous year’s return. Follow the stepwise instructions listed below to upgrade to TurboTax Plus Edition.
- Initially, open the web browser of your choice and then type “TurboTax.com” within your browser’s address bar.
- As a result, it will take you to the main website of TurboTax. In this window, navigate and tap on the “show” option to have a look at all your tax returns and documents.
- You must choose the highlighted “Add a State” option. (Here, you don’t have to mention the state, but you have to return back to the page for upgrading to Plus).
- After this, hit the “Upgrade” option at the left side of the menu and click Print Center.
- Choose the highlighted “Print This Year’s Return”. (You must ensure that you aren’t giving commands to print the prior year return. Otherwise, it will knock out of the return immediately).
- Ultimately, select the “Pay Now” option to make payments for the Plus edition to access the prior year’s return.
Stepwise Instructions For TurboTax Upgrade from Deluxe to Premier
Go through the simple steps listed below for upgrading TurboTax Deluxe to Premier. Ensure that you follow the steps listed below.
- Begin the procedure by visiting the official website of TurboTax.
- Soon after this, choose your TurboTax product, and then you might be prompted about how you filed the last taxes.
- Now, you have to sign into your account using the login credentials associated with the TurboTax account.
- Then, you might be prompted whether you want to upgrade the TurboTax software.
- At last, go through the on-screen prompts to accomplish the TurboTax Upgrade process.
Here we conclude this post and hope you can now easily upgrade TurboTax to the newly launched version. Even after implementing the steps listed above, if you need help upgrading the application, then reach out to our experts. You can connect with our professionals through email or live chat and they will connect with you in no time. Then, they will provide you with the best possible assistance to resolve the issue instantly.
Initially, log in to the TurboTax account using the correct login credentials. Also, open the tax return on your device. Afterward, go to the “Do my taxes for me” option. Then, you have to opt for the correct version in which you want to upgrade your TurboTax software.
You won’t be able to see the Upgrade option if you sign into TurboTax using your mobile device. Also, it might happen if you have started filing 2021 tax returns without adding personal details. For instance, if you see that the Upgrade option is grayed out, you are already accessing the upgraded version of TurboTax.
Yes, it is essential to upgrade TurboTax applications whenever the new version is available. This is so that you can access the latest features and functions. Moreover, you can also check the updated features of the TurboTax application and then compare them with the pricing. Thus, it would help you decide to upgrade the application.