Are you finding the process to move QuickBooks to another computer a bit complicated and hectic? If that’s so then this place is right for you. In this comprehensive guide we have discussed how you can use the QuickBooks Migrator tool to move QuickBooks to another device.
Moreover, we have also discussed the prerequisites required before you transfer QuickBooks to another device. We suggest you read this article till the end completely and accomplish the transfer process easily.
Wondering how to move QuickBooks to another computer and need instant help? Dial @ +1 855 706 0905 and communicate with our experts to obtain the best possible assistance.
Discussing the Working of QuickBooks Migrator Tool
The QuickBooks Migrator Tool is also known as the Move QuickBooks tool. In order to utilize this tool, it is essential that you must have proper admin rights. Moreover, it is also necessary to generate a difficult password
This tool will allow you to transfer a maximum of three company files in the USB drive along with the supporting documents. Moreover the QuickBooks Migrator Tool would also download the correct version of QBDT on your new PC.
Essentials Required Before You Move QuickBooks to Another Computer
Before transferring QuickBooks to another computer, it is essential to consider the following things in your mind. Read the following points attentively.
- The first and foremost thing is that you must have a License key and a Product Registration key.
- Verify that the system on which you wish to transfer the QuickBooks is connected with a good internet connection.
- You must have an external storage device like a flash drive, a USB storage device, etc to transfer QB to another system.
- Always, ensure that you have completely uninstalled the QuickBooks from your old system.
- Don’t forget to have a backup of your QuickBooks company file so that you can safeguard your company records.
Things that you can Copy when you Move QuickBooks To Another computer
The users must know that they can’t transfer all the data while transferring a QuickBooks data file to another computer. You don’t have to delete the old data unless you are sure that all the data from old data is being transferred.
- Financial Statement Designer
- Local Attachments
- Cash Flow statements
- Memorized Reports
- Financial Statement Designer (FSD clients)
- Printer Settings
- QuickBooks Loan Manager (.Imr)
- Advanced Reports (for QB Enterprise
- QuickBooks Templates and letters
- Version and other QBDT details.
- Also, you can send up to the latest three company files with the supporting documents.
- Statement Writer
- Spell Checker (spell.ini and UserDictionary.tlx)
- Financial Statement Designer (FSD data)
- Business Planner (.bpw)
- You may also transfer all other related files along with custom templates and forms.
Things you can’t Transfer while Moving QuickBooks to another Device
There are certain things which the users fail to transfer from QuickBooks data file while transferring to a new computer. Read the below listed point below.
- The backup of the data file that you have created manually can’t be transferred.
- You cannot use the QuickBooks Payroll services set up in an old computer. To use those payment services you have to sign in again into your new PC to access the payroll services effortlessly.
- The QuickBooks company files that you have opened previously won’t be transferred. You can only transfer the previously opened three company files. However, if you want to transfer any other file, you can either move it manually or restore via Intuit Data Protect.
- Also, you have to remove the Intuit Data Protect from the old computer and then install it again on your New PC.
- For instance, if you are utilizing QuickBooks Desktop in the multi-user setup. In that case, you won’t be able to copy the configuration to the new computer.
Learn how to move QuickBooks to Another Device using Migrator Tool
Here, we have listed some of the simple steps using which you can easily transfer QuickBooks to another device. Apply the steps as listed below without missing any step to avoid any discrepancy.
Apply the Steps on Old PC
- Before proceeding further, ensure that you have login to your computer with correct login credentials.
- After this, you have to insert the USB Drive into your computer and access the QuickBooks Desktop.
- From there, look below the File tab and choose the Move QuickBooks to another computer option.
- Then, you must go further by clicking on the “I’m Ready” option and pick a strong password for your account.
- You then have to pick the USB Drive in which you can transfer all the files that need to be transferred to another device.
- Now, you have to wait for a while until the file copy process gets completed. Once the process is over, safely take out the USB Drive from your system.
Actions to be Performed on New PC
- Firstly, you have to input the USB Drive and then wait until you see the QuickBooks Migrator Tool on your system. If the tool isn’t visible then select the “Move_QuickBooks.bat” file from the USB Drive.
- After this, add the password that you have created while moving files on the old computer.
- Now, tap on the Let’s Go option and then you must wait until the tool completes the migration task.
- The time taken by the tool to run totally depends on the size of the QuickBooks company file that you wish to transfer.
- Once the installation is over, launch the QuickBooks Desktop and then choose the Register QuickBooks option.
- Then, move further by adding the important details for registration like phone number, postal code and license key.
Also Read: QuickBooks Migration Failed
Steps to Perform to Move QuickBooks to another device manually
You can also transfer QuickBooks to another device manually. The manual process to move the QuickBooks data is a straightforward process. In this process, all you have to do is to uninstall the QBDT and reinstall it. For that, go through the instructions listed below attentively.
- First of all, you must ensure that you have the Product Key and License Number of the QBDT version you are using presently.
- Then, from your old system you have to remove the QuickBooks Desktop entirely.
- Once you have uninstalled the software, install the application once again on the new computer.
- After reading the Terms and Conditions as listed on the License Agreement. Then, you have to insert the License key and Product key within the required text field.
- Following this, you have to get your QuickBooks Desktop installed on your system.
Once you have completed the task, the QuickBooks Migrator Tool removes your QuickBooks company files from your external storage device. Moreover, you will find that the QuickBooks company file will still be present on your old PC.
What should you do after moving QuickBooks to the other computer?
- For instance, if you want to utilize all the features of QuickBooks Desktop such as Payroll and Intuit Data Protect. In that scenario, you are required to log in to each device separately.
- If you are using multiple company files, then you have to copy the other company file to a new device using an external storage device.
- Always, ensure that you have generated the backup of the company file data on your system.
The Final Thoughts!!
With the help of this post, we hope that you can now easily move QuickBooks to another computer. However, if you are still facing any difficulty while transferring the QuickBooks data then contact our experts through live chat. Our team is available 24*7 to provide you with the required assistance in the best possible manner.
Yes, it is mandatory to remove the QuickBooks from old computers. This is so because you are going to use the same QuickBooks on another device using the same login credentials and license key and that only approves one user.
While transferring the QuickBooks data file from an old PC to another device there might be chances of data risk. Therefore, by preparing the backup file you can keep your company data safe and secure.
The Clean Installation of the QuickBooks application is done to resolve the company file issues. However, the reinstallation wouldn’t of the QB data won’t affect or cause damage to your financial data. Thus, you may reinstall it whenever you won’t without worrying about the data damage.