Nowadays, most people depend upon QuickBooks to manage their accounting and finance-related tasks seamlessly. Therefore, the users can’t even imagine a single day without this accounting software as it may hamper their business tasks. But, what if the users might come across QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start issue? Wondering why it occurs? The users might get this error when they fail to launch the QuickBooks application on their devices. The error message that appears on the computer screen on the occurrence of the error is as follows:
“QuickBooks Desktop won’t open or doesn’t start”
As a consequence of this error, the users won’t be able to access their company files and thus hinders their ongoing business tasks. To get a detailed explanation to resolve this error, stay tuned to this post till the end.
Thinking about how to figure out the ‘QuickBooks Desktop won’t open” issue? If that’s the case dial +1 855 706 0905 and have a one-to-one consultation with our experts to get instant help.
Reasons Why You Encounter QuickBooks Desktop not opening issue
If you might experience that QuickBooks won’t open even after making several attempts, one of these reasons might be responsible for creating this issue. Have a glimpse at the points listed below.
- There might be the possibility that the product registration file i.e, “QBWUSER.INI”.
- If the company file name is too long or contains some special characters.
- Windows users don’t have proper admin rights to access the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Another reason may be the unfinished installation of the accounting software.
How Can You Identify QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Error?
Here, we have listed some signs and symptoms that will help you diagnose the QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start error.
- The computer started hanging very often on the occurrence of this error.
- You might experience the computer responding slowly to the mouse and keyboard.
- Suddenly the QuickBooks Desktop begins to freeze frequently.
- Your Windows operating system started performing sluggishly, especially if it’s not upgraded.
Prerequisites Before Resolving QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Error
- The user must have a recently launched version of QuickBooks Desktop installed on their device.
- Ensure you are well-connected with a stable and good internet connection network.
- You must try to disable the hosting on your system.
- Alter the name of the configuration files, which is .TLG and .ND if they are damaged and causing issues related to QuickBooks Desktop won’t start error.
- Try repairing your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Always keep a backup of the company file to safeguard it from data loss or breach.
Here’s What Should You Do to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Error
It becomes much easier to tackle QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start error just by applying the simple resolution methods given below. Therefore, to help you with the same, we have discussed some simple tips below. Take a look at them.
Ist Solution:- Utilize Quick Fix My Program to Fix the Program Issues
The users may use the Quick Fix My Program utility while fixing the QuickBooks Desktop program issues. Also, it may shut down all the background processes that QuickBooks access. Further, it will also begin the quick repair on your program to figure out this error.
- Firstly, ensure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- After this, launch the QB Tool Hub and move to the Program Problems.
- From there, proceed further by clicking on the Quick Fix My Program option and wait patiently until the tool finishes the scan.
- Once done, launch the QuickBooks Desktop application and then the company file.
2nd Solution:- Fix the Installation Issues Via QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If you experience the issue while installing the QuickBooks Desktop, it prevents you from opening the application. For this, you must run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Tool Hub to deal with the issue quickly. Follow the steps mentioned below to run the tool on your device properly.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device if it’s already installed. Otherwise, you first have to download and install the latest version of the tool from Intuit’s official website.
- After this, move to the Installation Issues and opt for the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. The tool takes some time to complete, so you must wait until the process is over.
- Once the tool finishes the repair process, you must relaunch the system and proceed to the next step.
- In the end, launch the QuickBooks application once again and verify whether the issue persists or not.
3rd Solution:- Configure Your QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- In the first stage, hit the Windows key and then move to the Control Panel.
- From there, hover your cursor over the Programs and Features followed by Uninstall a Program option.
- On the other hand, if you cannot see the Programs and Features option, you must head toward the Program option. Then, hit on the Program and Features option.
- After this, select the QuickBooks option from the list of Programs. Further, go to the Uninstall/Change option.
- Following this, tap on the Continue option, Repair, and Next.
- Then, to wind up the repairing process, you must launch your system again. Once the process is completed, choose the Finish option.
- In the end, ensure that you have upgraded the QuickBooks application to the latest released version. Doing so will ensure that you receive the recent fixes and security patches.
Through the help of this post, we hope you gain a complete knowledge of how to troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start error. Even if you can’t resolve the issue after applying the resolution steps, you must talk to our experts through live chat. Our professionals will guide you with the proper solution within the least time applicable.