QuickBooks Error 108 is one of the most annoying and frustrating errors, which occurs due to banking problems or technical glitches. When a user is trying to check their online Baking in the QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Self Employed version, then this error appears. So that’s why it is important for you to acquire knowledge about fixes of Error 108 for every version. Read this blog to know more.
Want a quick solution for QuickBooks Error Code 108? Dial @ +1 855 706 0905 and get connected with a professional to grab the best assistance.
QuickBooks Error Code 108: Description
QuickBooks Error 108 arises mainly due to server issues from your Bank’s end. When it happens, your Bank stops acknowledging your Account Credentials. The Bank’s Website or the credit card company will start messaging you different emails related to:
1. The special offers from the Banks end.
2. Modification in the Financial Institution’s Website.
3. Information regarding maintenance of the Website.
4. Introduction of some New Service Terms.
What are the Root Causes of QuickBooks Error 108?
Let’s take a look at different causes that promotes QuickBooks Error code 108:
- You are not logged in to your Bank Account in a proper way.
- Presence of Pop-Up Blockers in your System.
- You have provided an incorrect credential during login.
- Presence of Unread messages or notifications from your Banks
- Bank Server problems.
- If you have deleted the downloaded transaction, this can also result in QuickBooks Error 108
- Poor Internet Connection can also create issues for you.
- Your System has more than one QuickBooks application installed in your system.
How to identify QuickBooks Banking Error 108?
If you are still wondering how to find out the QuickBooks Error code 108 in QuickBooks, you have to check its main symptoms, which are explained below:
- An error alert will display on your Screen
- You won’t be able to access your QuickBooks account.
- Your System starts working sluggishly.
- QuickBooks stops responding to your command.
- Your QuickBooks App crashes sometimes.
Apt Methods to Root out QuickBooks Error 108
Now that you have acquired complete knowledge of all the important aspects of error 108 let’s learn and follow a few tried and tested solutions to troubleshoot it.
First Method: Look for all the Notification from your Bank’s Side
There are certain instances when your Financial Institution has sent you some important notification that needs a quick response, but you missed it. So it is a must to review the notification section for any latest updates and to do so, you can follow the given steps:
1. Initially, Sign in to your Credit card or Bank’s Website.
2. Thereafter, review all the notification from the Bank that needs a Quick Response.
3. Now, delete all the notifications that seem unimportant to you.
4. Next, Sign out from the Online banking account.
5. Launch QuickBooks Online, and Sign in there.
6. Now Hit on the Banking option present on the left side of the Screen.
7. From the banking tab, Select the Update option.
Also Read: QuickBooks Desktop 2023 System Requirements
Second Method: Turn Off the Pop- up Blocker
In case you are not able to receive any notification from your Bank, you may have to disable the pop-up blocker present in your Browser.
1. Launch your Browser, then go to the Settings option.
2. Now, look for the installed Extension available in the system.
3. Review and find if your system has any Pop-up Blockers installed.
4. If you find any, Turn it off.
5. After that, Go to the settings of the Antivirus available in your system, and search for the pop-up feature.
6. Again, disable it if you find one.
7. Now, try to download your banking transactions using QuickBooks Online.
Third Method: Modify your Financial Institution Connection in QuickBooks
This method is mandatory for those who have made any kind of changes in their online banking login information recently and forgot to update it in QuickBooks Online. If you do not update it, QuickBooks will lose the connection with your bank account and stop fetching account details.
1. Open QuickBooks online and click on the Banking tab.
2. Thereafter you have to go to your bank accounts and hit the Pencil icon present next to your Account Name.
3. Now, select the Edit Sign-in Info option.
4. At last, update the new id and password of your online banking.
Fourth Method: Run the System File Checker Tool in your System
To fix QuickBooks Error 108, you can also try to use the System File Checker Tool; this will rectify the issue efficiently.
1. Enter cmd in the Start menu or in the Run dialog box.
2. Don’t hit the enter button. Instead, press the Ctrl+Shift key, and they enter.
3. A new permission dialog box will appear on your Screen; select Yes.
4. Now, a black window will appear on your Screen; enter SFC/scannow there.
5. You will reach the System File Checker to commence scanning; from there, you have to follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
Fifth Method: Organize Windows Updates
1. Click on the Start button, then enter updates in the search box.
2. A new window update dialog box will appear on your Screen.
3. Here, you have to search if any new update is available; if yes, then install it, and check if the error is resolved now.
Here we have arrived at the end of this blog and hope that the mentioned solutions can help you in fixing QuickBooks Error 108. For any additional help, contact us via the Live chat option or email us your Query.