Users often encounter QuickBooks Error 1317 while installing the accounting software on their devices. The users mainly encounter this error when they don’t have enough permissions to install the QuickBooks application. Every time the error strikes, the following error message comes into view:
“Error: “1317: An error occurred while creating directory [directory]”
On the occurrence of this error, users fail to install the QuickBooks Desktop application and thus leading to delays in their ongoing business tasks. So, to fix Error 1317 in QuickBooks, we advise you to go through this entire post.
Factors That Give Rise To QuickBooks Error Code 1317
Here, we have elaborated all the possible root causes that might evoke QuickBooks Error 1317.
- There might be the possibility that the third-party security application is interrupting the QuickBooks installation process.
- Sometimes, it may appear due to corrupt or missing system files.
- In other instances, it may evoke because of unexpected changes within the Windows Registry after launching the system.
- Also, it might trigger when viruses and other malicious infections damage the system.
- Your system doesn’t have enough space on the hard disc to install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15107
What Can Be Done to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1317?
After going through the causes that are responsible for the QuickBooks Error Code 1317, you must fix it. Go through the resolution methods given below and apply the solution as per the cause of the error.
Method 1: Alter the Permissions Accurately
To make the necessary changes in the permissions, execute the steps given below.
- Begin the procedure by restarting your device. Then, you must sign in to your system with the proper administrator credentials.
- Navigate to the Programs folder, right-click on it, and hit the Properties option.
- Now, head towards the Sharing and Security option from the Properties window.
- You are supposed to click on the Sharing tab and then choose the Advanced Sharing, followed by the Permissions tab.
- Thereon, you must ass Everyone from the Group and hit the Allow option > Full Control.
- At last, tap on the OK button to conclude this process.
Method 2: Make Use of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
As stated above, QuickBooks Error 1317 mainly arises due to issues with the accounting software installation. So, to repair the damage with the installation, you must run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Paply the steps given below to fix the damages in the installation.
- Before going further, check that you have the upgraded version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device. If not, then first download and install it using the on-screen guidelines on your system.
- Thereon, double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Following this, navigate to the highlighted Installation Issues tab.
- Later on, go to the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. You have to wait for a few minutes until the tool completes the repair process.
- Restart your computer, start the QuickBooks Desktop, and then try to access your data file.
- Finally, try to install QuickBooks on your device and check if the error still persists.
Method 3: Operate the Safe Mode For the Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
You must access the QuickBooks Desktop to overcome the conflict generated due to unauthorized third-party applications. Have a look at the stepwise instructions given below to complete the process.
Stage 1: Press F8 After Relaunching the System
- In the first stage, relaunch your device.
- Soon after this, hit the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot Options window on your computer screen.
- Thereon, utilize the arrow keys to choose the Safe Mode with Networking.
- After the completion of the process, enable the screen to load on your device. Further, you must try to install QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
Stage 2: Use the MsConfig
- In the initial stage, launch the Run window by hitting the Windows + R keys from your keyboard.
- Soon after this, include the “MSConfig” in the required search column. Then, hit the OK button to go further.
- On the next screen, tap the General tab and then hit the Selective Startup option.
- Head towards the Load System Services tab and ensure you haven’t placed a tick mark next to “Hide All Microsoft Services”.
- At last start your device once again and try to install the QuickBooks Desktop, and verify whether you are still receiving this error.
Method 4: Get the Most Updated Version of the Windows Update
Many times, the users might end up with QuickBooks Error 1317 while using the outdated version of the Windows operating system. So, to eliminate this error you must install the most upgraded version of the Windows operating system.
- In the initial stage, hit the Windows key from the keyboard.
- Thereon, move your cursor to the Settings option followed by Update & Security tab.
- Proceed further by clicking the Windows Update option.
- Following this, choose the highlighted Check For Updates option.
- After the successful updation of the Windows operating system, restart your device and open the QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 5: Restore Your Computer.
If the above-listed solutions fail to fix the QuickBooks Error 1317, then you must try to restore your device.
- Begin the process by clicking on the Start menu.
- Soon after this, insert “Restore’ within the search column and hit the Enter key.
- Choose the System Restore icon to launch the window on your computer screen.
- Later on, choose the most upgraded restore point and begin the restoration process.
- At last, restart your computer and try to install/update the QuickBooks Desktop once again.
So, here we conclude this post and hope that the above-stated solutions will help you tackle QuickBooks Error 1317. If you are still struggling while installing the QuickBooks Desktop you must consult with our professionals anytime through the live chat facility. Otherwise, drop a mail to our highly-skilled professionals for simple resolution.