Most often, the users might strike QuickBooks Error 15103 while getting the latest security patches of the QuickBooks Desktop or payroll. The main reason behind the occurrence of this error is damage in the .NET Framework, inappropriate internet settings, and issues with the Windows registry.
Furthermore, go through this informative post to know all the details regarding overcoming Error 15103 in QuickBooks.
Main Causes That Might Lead To QuickBooks Error Code 15103
The users might encounter Error 15103 in QuickBooks when there are some issues with the digital signature certificate. Besides this, there are plenty of other reasons that give rise to this error, which are as follows;
- QuickBooks Error 15103 mainly occurs due to incorrect internet settings.
- Another reason may be using the QuickBooks version that is not in use any more.
- There might be the possibility that the third-party application or the antivirus software is interrupting the download of the QuickBooks application.
- A damaged Windows registry is also one of the reasons that might trigger this error.
Effective Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 15103 Instantly
In this blog section, we have discussed some easy ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 15103.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Perform the Installation of a Digital Signature Certificate
- In the initial stage, users first have to search for the QBW32.exe file using the following path: “C: >> Program Files >> Intuit >> QuickBooks.
- Afterwards, right-click on the file named QBW32.exe and opt for the Properties from the options available.
- Next, hit the Digital Signature tab and ensure Intuit is chosen from the Signature List.
- Later on, the user must move further to the Details option.
- Now, you have to tap on the View Certificate option from the Digital Signature Details window.
- Following this, hover your cursor over the Install Certificate option from the Certificate window.
- You are supposed to hit the Next button until you get the Finish option on your screen. Then, you must choose the Finish option to proceed further.
- Relaunch your Windows PC, open QuickBooks, and then try to download the latest QuickBooks Payroll update.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Repair the QuickBooks Program via Quick Fix My Program
Sometimes, damage in the QuickBooks program might give rise to QuickBooks Error Code 15103. Therefore, you must utilize the Quick Fix My Program to repair the program.
- Before proceeding further, ensure you have installed your device’s most upgraded version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After that, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Program Problems tab.
- In the next step, hover your cursor over the Quick Fix My Program option.
- Once the process is over, open the QuickBooks Desktop and your company file.
- At last, try to get the most recent version of security patches.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1327
Troubleshooting Method 3: Modify the Internet Explorer Settings
Sometimes, users might result in QuickBooks Error Code 15103 due to inappropriate internet settings. Therefore, to rectify the internet settings, have a look at the steps listed below.
- Firstly, launch Internet Explorer on your device and tap on the Gear icon.
- After this, navigate to Internet Options and proceed further.
- You are supposed to click on the Security tab > Trusted Sites > Sites option.
- Afterwards, you must include the following sites as the trusted websites list.
- For the US version of the QuickBooks
- On the other hand, for the Canadian version of QuickBooks, you must include the following websites:
- Once you have successfully added the abovementioned details, hit the Close button.
- Later on, choose the Apply button followed by OK to end the entire process.
Troubleshooting Method 4: Get the Latest Updates Downloaded in Safe Mode
Interruption due to the third-party application is one of the reasons users might receive Error 15103 in QuickBooks. Using QuickBooks in multi-user mode will give you the guarantee that there will be no interruption. Apply the steps written below to accomplish the process.
- Firstly, you must visit the Windows Sign-in screen and hit the Power button. Then, choose the Restart option while pressing the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Afterwards, tap on the Troubleshoot option and head towards the Advanced Options from the list of options available.
- Go to the Startup Settings option and hit Restart to move further.
- You are supposed to run the QuickBooks Desktop and then try to download the latest updates on your device.
- At last, you have to relaunch your system without pressing anything. Eventually, you will see that your system begins to run in Normal Mode.
Troubleshooting Method 5: Clean Installation of QuickBooks Application
If you are still receiving this error after following the resolution methods listed above, then worry not. Instead, have a look at the instructions below to clean install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Initiate the uninstallation process of QuickBooks Desktop by going to Control Panel and clicking the Programs and Features option.
- After this, hit the highlighted Uninstall a Program option.
- You are supposed to download the most recently launched version of the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. Later, install it on your device by accepting the instructions and conditions mentioned in the License Agreement.
- Thereafter, assign a new name to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- End the process by reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop and verify whether you are still receiving the error.
Here, we come to the end of this post, and we hope that the troubleshooting methods explained above is helpful in resolving QuickBooks Error 15103. However, if still the error persists, you can have a one-to-one consultation with our professionals through the live chat facility.