QuickBooks error 6000 77 is a company file-related error in the program that mainly occurs when opening the program. QuickBooks offers many incredible features to users and let them store their financial data in the company file. You can share it with a server computer and enable simultaneous access to it to multiple workstations.
However, QuickBooks error code 6000 77 can prevent users from accessing their financial data. There are multiple reasons that can result in the arrival of the company file access error. While covering the possible reasons behind the issue, we will discuss some of the best solutions to eliminate the QuickBooks error 6000 77.
Unable to access your company file to perform a crucial task? Contact a professional for the error resolution by dialing +1 855 706 0905.
More About QuickBooks Error Message 6000 77
While opening your company file in QuickBooks, you may get an error message on your screen with the text – “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).” The error message shows up abruptly, and the process of opening the file will be obstructed. In addition, the error message will also showcase the suggested approach for the error resolution. There are multi-pronged reasons that can promote this error. Damage in the QuickBooks company file or network data file is some of the main reasons.
What Promotes Error Code 6000 77 in QuickBooks?
If you want to understand more about the error code 6000 77, listing the possible reasons behind it will ease your quest. Below is the list:
- Avoid clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon constantly, as it can cause the application to function improperly.
- When the data file is stored on an external device or a cloud server.
- Erroneous hosting configuration settings in multi-user mode.
- Insufficient access permissions for the company file folder are also one of the possible reasons behind the error.
- Damaged QuickBooks company or other essential files such as network data or transaction log files.
- The firewall is not properly configured, therefore obstructing access to the QuickBooks company file.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
To determine the error code 6000 77, you can take the help of the following symptoms:
- Hardships in accessing the QuickBooks company file.
- The error message, including the error code 6000 77, will show up on your screen.
- Sluggish performance of Windows OS or QuickBooks software can also be experienced on the arrival of the error.
How To Eliminate QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 77?
After collecting all the required information, let’s proceed further and apply the relevant solutions for the error resolution.
Solution 1: Utilize QuickBooks Tool Hub To Run File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is an efficient tool that can repair a damaged company file. You can access it via QuickBooks Tool Hub, a tool launcher service by Intuit. To do so, you need to download the Tool Hub in the first place:
- Go to Intuit’s official website and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub executable file.
- Next, run QuickBooksToolHub.exe to install it using the given instructions.
- After that, agree to the terms and conditions, and the tool hub is ready to use.
- Open Tool Hub and navigate through the list of the issues and select Company File Issues.
- Here, you can run QuickBooks File Doctor to scan for potential issues and run a file repair.
- The process may take up to 20 minutes, based on the size of the company file.
After running the scan, if it doesn’t fix QuickBooks error 6000 77, try the next method.
Solution 2: Rename QuickBooks .ND & .TLG Files To Remove Error Code 6000 77
In the next solution, you need to rename .ND and .TLG files using the below-given steps:
- Go to the folder containing the QuickBooks company file and open it.
- Next, locate the file with .ND extension – Network Data File.
- Once located, right-click on it and select Rename from the drop-down menu.
- Now using the rename option, you will have to add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- The file will look like Filename.nd.old.
- After finishing it, you need to perform the same procedure for the QuickBooks Transaction Log File you may locate with .TLG extension.
After finishing, check if the QuickBooks error 6000 77 is fixed or not. If the error continues, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Make Sure That The File Name Is Correct
The name of the company file shouldn’t include any space or special characters. To check and remove, follow the below-given steps:
- Log out of the QuickBooks Desktop Software on your device.
- Now go to the QuickBooks company file and open it.
- Next, go to the company file and right-click on it to select the Rename option.
- Here, you have to check and ensure that there are no any space or special characters used in the name of the company file.
- If so, remove or change it and check if this solution can troubleshoot the problem.
All in All!
This post explained some tried and tested solutions on how to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77. However, if this post is not sufficient and you need additional help, reach out to our expert by using our QuickBooks Help Desk. You can get help by chatting with one of the professionals or talking to a real perform using our helpline number.