QuickBooks error 6073 99001 occurs when a user tries to access their business accounting data. It is possible that the company file you are trying to access is already being used by a different user. Improper hosting configuration settings can be one of the possible reasons behind the arrival of the error. This error in QuickBooks is one of the multi-user mode errors wherein the data file is not shared properly. To get rid of the error, you need to list the possible factors behind the error and fix them to eliminate the error. Follow this post until the end to learn how to fix QuickBooks error 6073 99001.
Wondering how to fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001? All you need is to dial our helpline number +1 855 706 0905, and it will connect you with an expert professional.
QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001: Description
Error QuickBooks error 6073 99001 is related to the company file access and gives an error message on your screen on its arrival:
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user.
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
Additionally, it also explains the possible reason behind the arrival of the error and recommends possible solutions to get rid of it. However, for detailed troubleshooting, you need to consider the possible factors that can give rise to the QuickBooks error message 6073 99001 on your screen.
What Are The Possible Reasons For Error Code 6073 99001 in QuickBooks?
Getting insights into the QuickBooks error 6073 99001 can make the troubleshooting easier for you. So, here is the list of possible factors:
- The file is already opened on another computer, and that too in single-user mode.
- If the file is located in a read-only network folder, you may not be able to access it.
- When the file is hosted on a Linux server and uses more than one set of login credentials to log into the shared folder.
- The file is being accessed using a remote application while the server detects that you are still logged on to the system.
Symptoms of Error 6073 99001 in QuickBooks
Now that you know the possible reason behind the arrival of the error, below are some common signs and symptoms that can help you identify the issue:
- You will see an error message on your screen with the arrival of the error 6073 99001.
- Trouble in accessing the QuickBooks data file due to improper hosting configuration settings.
- Improper functioning of the QuickBooks Desktop software or your Windows OS.
- The system hangs/freezes or responds sluggishly toward the mouse or keyboard inputs.
When experiencing these signs on your screen, you need to move ahead and perform the relevant solutions to eliminate the error.
Best Ways To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 99001
Now that much has been discussed about the error, below are the solutions that can help you with troubleshooting of the persisting issue:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool From Within The Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub enables users to access the tools required to troubleshoot a particular issue. You can run QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damaged company file, which can be one of the possible reasons behind QB error Code 6073. Check the below-explained steps:
- Go to Intuit’s official website and download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once downloaded, run the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions carefully to install it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, and it is now ready to use.
- When in QuickBooks Tool Hub, navigate through the categories of the errors and select Company File Issues.
- Here, you can run the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damaged company file.
- The repair process may take up to 20 minutes, based on the size of the company file.
- Once repaired, check if the QuickBooks error 6073 99001 is fixed.
If the error message flashes again on your screen, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Resolve The Issue Manually Based On Various Instances Of The Error
Improperly configured hosting settings can give rise to the QuickBooks error 6073 99001. In such a case, you can perform the following solutions:
2.1: Switch To The Single User Mode On the Server Computer
- In the first place, close the QuickBooks application on all workstations.
- Next, open your Company file located on the Host computer.
- Now move to the File menu and choose Switch to Multi-User mode option.
- Reboot your workstation and try to access the company file. If you are still getting the error message, try the next solution.
2.2: Open The Company File In Multi-User Mode
- First things first, open the company file on the host computer.
- Now, from under the File tab, you need to click the Close Company option.
- Thereafter, open the company file once again.
- Now click Open or Restore Company, located underneath the File tab.
- Moving ahead, click Open a company file and then hit the Next button.
- Again, click Open file in multi-user mode and click Open.
This post explains the best troubleshooting solutions implementing which you can resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073 99001. However, if you are experiencing an issue with error resolution by implementing the steps, a chat with the experts can help with the error resolution. Besides, you can also schedule a call back by emailing us your time of availability.