QuickBooks is the number 1 accounting software, providing many benefits and features using the application. Although, it also shows numerous errors to its users, and the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is among them. This error is mainly related to the ECML file when it gets damaged. If you also face the QuickBooks error 3371, you are at the right place. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the steps and methods you can follow to resolve the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 usually arises when a user reconfigures the desktop PC or activates the QuickBooks account for the first time. The error can also occur due to the missing or damaged Entitlement DataStore.ecml file. This error code occurs with a pop-up display message as:
“Couldn’t Initialize license Properties: Error 3371, status code 11118, QuickBooks could not load the license data. It may be due to missing or damaged files.”
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Now, let us understand the possible reasons due to why the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 arises.
- When the Entitlement DataStore.ECML file is damaged or corrupted.
- The background running antivirus software is disabling the application from working efficiently.
- When the user tries to access the file without saving it first.
- The MSXML component of the windows is damaged or corrupted and is not allowing the QuickBooks to retrieve information.
- Using an outdated version of Windows PC.
- QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can also lead to the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 3371.
- Several performance issues related to the QuickBooks desktop application.
- When you have not completed the installation process of QuickBooks.
- Some issues with the printing, emailing, and saving PDF from QuickBooks desktop.
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Error H101
Ways to Identify QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Moving ahead, let’s look at the symptoms of the error, through which you check to identify the QuickBooks error code 3371.
- The tools in the QuickBooks desktop stop working suddenly at the same time.
- QuickBooks desktop shuts down automatically.
- When the PC’s window is frequently crashing.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
Below listed are the solutions that you can easily follow step by step to get the QuickBooks error 3371 resolved.
Solution 1. Downloading the New Updates for PC’s Window
If you have not downloaded the new windows update on your PC for a long time, then your PC might not be able to meet the minimum requirements for running QuickBooks, which can further lead to the QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118.
For updating the PC’s windows to the latest release, below are the steps you can follow to get the task done.
- First of all, go to the system settings on your PC.
- Thereon, on the settings page, type “Windows update” in the search box.
- Now, a drop-down list will occur on your screen. Then click on the “Windows update” option.
- There, click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- If there are any available updates, then it will show you the “Download Now” option.
- After that, click on that option, and the downloading process of new updates will start on your screen.
Once the downloading process ends, then restart your PC and launch the QuickBooks desktop application. Thereon, check if the QuickBooks error code 3371 has been resolved or not.
Solution 2. Delete the ECML File
Below mentioned are the recommended steps that you can follow to delete the ECML file on your PC to resolve the QuickBooks error 3371.
- At first, open the windows run command by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Thereon, enter this location in the insert box > C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- After that, click on the “OK” option.
- This will open windows explorer on your PC.
- Now, search for the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” and right-click on the file name.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Delete” option.
Once you have deleted the ECML file, open the QuickBooks desktop software, and it will again ask you to register for the product. After that, try to perform the same task in which you face the QuickBooks error code 3371, and in case you are still facing the error, then jump on to the next remedy.
Solution 3. Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is an inbuilt tool inside the QuickBooks Tool hub. You must download the QuickBooks Tool Hub to use the diagnostic tool. Below is the procedure you can follow to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your PC.
- First, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool hub (184.108.40.206) from the official website of Intuit products.
- Now, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- After that, double-click on the tool icon to open it.
- Thereon, click on the “Installation Issues” available on the left side of the screen.
- Now, click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool,” and the tool will start scanning the QuickBooks desktop software.
- If the tool finds any discrepancy, then it will automatically resolve it.
- Once the scanning process ends, then restart your PC, and after that, open the QuickBooks desktop.
If the QuickBooks error 3371 persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 4. Run Quick Fix My Program Tool
For using the Quick Fix my program tool for solving the QuickBooks error 3371, below are the steps you can easily follow to get it done.
- First, open the QuickBooks tool hub you downloaded in the previous solution.
- There, click on the “Program Problems” option from the menu list available on the left side of the screen.
- Now, click on the “Quick Fix My Program” option.
- Then click on the “OK” option.
- This tool will take 1 to 2 minutes to close all the background processes and run a quick repair on the program.
Solution 5. Clear the QBW32.exe Pending Process
- First, close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- After that, open the windows task manager by pressing the “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” keys together.
- Thereon, click on the “Processes” tab option.
- Now, right-click on the “QBW32.exe” under the list of pending processes.
- Moving ahead, click on the “End Process Tree” option.
- At last, end the process by clicking on the “OK” option.
Once you have cleared the pending requests with QBW32.exe, check if this method has helped you eliminate the error or is it still present.
Solution 6. Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop Application
You can easily resolve any errors related to the QuickBooks files by deleting and reinstalling the QuickBooks desktop application.
Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop:
- At first, go to the windows start menu and then click on the “Control Panel” option.
- Now, click on the “Programs and Features” under the control panel page.
- There, under the list, search and select the QuickBooks desktop option.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall” option.
Install the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop:
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks desktop from Intuit’s official website.
- Make sure to remember the product and license number of your QuickBooks subscription.
- After that, open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Moving ahead, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- At last, provide the product and license number and click on the “Next” option.
Solution 7. Clean the Junk Files
Below are the steps you can follow to perform a deep disk clean-up on your PC.
- First, open the windows run command on your PC by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Under the search box, type “Disk Cleanup” and hit the enter button.
- After that, select the drive you want to clean up, followed by a click on the “OK” option.
- Now, select the files which are holding huge space on your PC.
- At last, click on the “OK” option to delete the junk files.
So, that’s all with today’s blog. In this blog post, we have provided all the information about QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118. Above, we have listed seven solutions that you can easily follow step by step to get the error resolved. In case, while performing the steps mentioned above, you face any challenge, then you can reach out to us through the chat box. You can write to us through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced and professional experts with in-depth knowledge about QuickBooks are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend your query.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 103
The QuickBooks license does not has a validity time period. Although, the official team of Intuit stops providing the help for the older versions, but still the users have the full access to use the license and software
If you are not able to open the QuickBooks desktop application on your PC, then try to follow these solutions to get the problem resolved.
- Change the name of QBWUSER.
- Suppress QuickBooks desktop installation.
- Repair the QuickBooks desktop installation.
- Add a new admin user in Windows.
- Restart your PC.