QuickBooks is software that can make your life super simple and too difficult within just a matter of time. It is a place for everyone to administer their accounts and finances. However, this software does face a lot of glitches at the same time. Here you can take care of your payrolls but might also need to take care of the company file error, such as QuickBooks Error H101.
Although it can get a bit difficult at times, this is exactly what we are here for. We proffer complete guides on QuickBooks errors and are experts who are also available for your assistance. Today, we have chosen to talk about QuickBooks Error H101. We are on a journey where you will encounter its symptoms, causes, and fixes that can help you in the long run.
QuickBooks Error H101
Error code H101 alert means the host computer needs another configuration. It usually appears when a user tries to change the application from single to multi-user mode. It is a member of the H series error family of QuickBooks. The other members of this family are H202, H303, H505, H606, and H707.
However, the issue is not too big; therefore, it does not really affect your company data files. But it is always advised that you make a backup of such documents before you go ahead with the various methods to overcome the problem.
Also Read – QuickBooks Error 103
Signs of QuickBooks Error H101
This error code shows its symptoms while operating the application as well as when you are working on your PC. Here are some symptoms of QuickBooks Error H101 to look out for:
- The first and foremost sign is the alert window popping up on your screen.
- When the page you try to open is expelled, the URL is still the same.
- Also, if your computer screen shows a glitch and stops taking command from output devices, such as keyboard and mouse
- Your PC shuts down as soon as the alert prompt window appears.
- When the window you attempt to open is unavailable on the server
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error H101
Let us take a look at the core reasons responsible for the QuickBooks problem now:
- When the software is not able to read your IP address from the host system
- In case the host settings of QuickBooks are not configured properly
- Also, if you are working with a corrupt company file
- An antivirus or firewall attack can lead to this error
- Also, if the server is unable to communicate with the company file
Also Read – QuickBooks Error H202
Solutions For QuickBooks Error H101
Finally, that you have understood what irks QuickBooks Error H101, here is how you can tame it.
Fix 1: Go Through QuickBooks Services Settings
Check if there is an issue with QuickBooks services settings.
- On the home screen of your system, hit Windows+R to pull up the Run command window.
- After that, jot in services.msc in the space and click on OK.
- Once the Services tab is up, you now need to locate the QuickBooksDBXX file (XX is the software version).
- Thereafter, in the following window, go to Startup Status and look at its current status. If it is Running, then leave it untouched; otherwise, hit the Start button.
- Furthermore, see for the Startup Type and switch it to Automatic.
- Moving forward, head to the Recovery window and run the First, Second, and Subsequent Failure by changing them to Restart.
- To finish it off, hit the Apply button from the bottom right.
- After that, remember to repeat the same steps with the QBFCMonitorService file.
Fix 2: Make a New Company File Folder
If the issue exists in the company file folder, then creating a new one might help you overcome QuickBooks error H101.
- First of all, open your system, and head to the Start menu.
- Thereafter, go to File Explorer and look for the company file folder from the search bar.
- Once you have the folder on your screen, open it and cut the docs from there by hitting Ctrl+X.
- After that, right-click on the same screen and go to New and then Folder.
- Finally, paste the files that you have cut and rename the folder.
- Try and run QuickBooks Desktop again.
Fix 3: Check Hosting on QuickBooks
In case neither of the above two solutions works, check the hosting settings in the application.
- First of all, go to the homepage of QuickBooks Desktop on the workstations.
- Next, from the menu bar, click on the File option and go through the scroll-down list.
- After that, hit the Utilities option and see the hosting settings here.
- If it is set to Multi-user mode, then change it to single-user mode.
- Remember to make the changes in all the other computers connected to the same company file.
- Also, make sure you do not make this change on your host PC.
Fix 4: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
In order to use QuickBooks file doctor, you first need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 1: Get QuickBooks Tool Hub Running
- Go to the official website of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Thereafter, locate the Download button and hit that.
- The downloading process can take a few minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
- After that, go to the Downloads folder in File Explorer, and you will find the same at the top.
- Furthermore, double-click on the same, and a new prompt window will come before you.
- Go through the steps to install the tool hub.
- Also, say Yes to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Finally, click on Run, and the application is all set to use.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Firstly, select Company File Issues and open that tab.
- Next, you will find the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button; hit that.
- Subsequently, follow the instructions on your screen and let the scanning begin.
- The fix tool will automatically fix the problems it finds.
Fix 5: Make Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
To resolve QuickBooks Error H101, run QuickBooks Database Server Manager if nothing else works.
- Initially, to use Database Server Manager, you need QuickBooks Tool Hub in your system.
- If you have it on your screen, then go to the Start menu and search for it. Otherwise, get it from QuickBooks Tool Hub’s official site.
- After that, on this window, find the Network Issues window from the list on the left side.
- Here, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option will appear before you.
- This will locate your company files automatically. In case it doesn’t, click on Browse and select Start Scan.
- Thereafter, the tool will change the firewall permission settings for you.
Fix 6: Change Firewall Settings
Configure firewall settings in your system to try fixing the problem again.
- Open the Run dialog window by pressing Windows+R or from the start menu on your system.
- Put in Control Panel and hit OK to browse the tab.
- Next, go to the System and Security tab and move to the subsequent window.
- Thereafter, look for Windows Defender Firewall and click on Allow an app through Windows Firewall available as a subheading.
- Lastly, add QuickBooks from the list of available options, and you are good to go.
QuickBooks users rely on this software on an everyday basis. However, this application does have its issues that can create a hindrance to your task. One such problem is QuickBooks Error H101. This code of the H series is a very common problem that multi-user mode users face. There can be ‘n; number of causes behind the same. It can happen due to misconfiguration, communication issues, firewall restrictions, company file folder problems, and more. In order to fix the same, there are a few troubleshoots that you can try by yourself. We have mentioned them in this blog for your reference.
If you need any more assistance or are troubled with any other QuickBooks Desktop problem, then you can connect with our QuickBooks experts. We are at your service over a call, live chat, as well as email. Send in your query, and we will reach out to you with the appropriate solution soon.