QuickBooks is a man’s creation, and therefore it is very common for it crashes at times. The software has a lot of error codes that its users come across. One from the lot is QuickBooks Error PS038. People who use the software to manage payroll encounter this error.
When someone tries to update QuickBooks payroll, upgrade tax tables, or wishes to send online paychecks, they receive the error message pop-up.
With its many features and functionalities, QuickBooks is a software with a user base of millions of billions across the world. People operate this app for their personal finance management as well, as large-scale business manages their budget and payrolls here.
At times, they have to put a pause on their operations because of payroll errors, such as PS038. If you are also irked with this error and need to overcome it as soon as possible, further in this blog are some simple solutions. You will not require any technician’s help in order to follow them.
Possible Explanations Behind QuickBooks Error PS038
Prior to solving any issue, it is necessary that you know what triggered it in the first place. When you are aware of that, you know what exactly you need to fix. Here are some possible explanations for why QuickBooks Error PS038 is creating a problem for you:
- Working on an outdated QuickBooks version
- Have paychecks stuck during an online transaction and have “Online to send” status.
- Using an older version of payroll
- Violating the latest subscription of payroll after the latest update
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 103
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error PS038
However, the reasons can be a few; we have a bunch of resolves for you to try until you have QuickBooks payroll up and running again.
Resolve 1: Get the Latest Versions of QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll Tax Table
This method involves two steps: a) checking for QuickBooks update, and b) getting payroll tax table update
A) Check for QuickBooks Update
- First, you need to close your QuickBooks Desktop application entirely.
- Thereafter, look for the QuickBooks icon on your PC and right-click on the same.
- Here, from the list, select Run as Administrator, and this will run the software with admin rights.
- After that, locate the Help tab from the menu bar and hit that.
- Furthermore, go to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
B) Get Payroll Tax Tables Update
- Run QuickBooks Desktop on your desktop.
- After that, go to the Employees tab. You will find it on the menu bar of the application.
- From there, choose Get Payroll Updates and then move ahead with Download Entire Update.
- Lastly, to get the updating process over, hit Download Latest Update and give it a few minutes.
- Once all that is done, go back to the Employees options and, this time, choose My Payroll Service.
- Furthermore, click on Send Usage Data and eventually select Send Payroll Data.
If you successfully share the data, this means the resolve worked for you.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
Resolve 2: Verify and
For users still troubled with QuickBooks Error PS038, here is yet another chance for you to fix it yourself.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop application home screen first.
- There, head to the File option and then select Utilities.
- After that, hit Verify Data from the second scroll-down list.
- Finally, hit OK, and this will work for you.
- Once you have verified the data, it is time for you to rebuild it.
- Go back to the Utilities tab under File and this time choose Rebuild.
- Furthermore, you will have a prompt window where you can generate a backup wizard.
- This is important because you need to have a backup of your files before you go ahead with the rebuilding process.
- After that, start Rebuilding and give it a few minutes. This will display any issue on your screen.
Resolve 3: Repair Payroll Blocked Paychecks
If, after the first two resolves, you still get “Online to Send” status in front of your paychecks, then try following these steps:
- Initially, run QuickBooks Desktop on your system and click on the Edit option from the menu bar.
- After that, from the drop-down list, go to Find and then select the Advanced option.
- Furthermore, go to Choose Filter and locate the Filter List.
- Next, click on Detail Level and go ahead with Summary Only.
- Go back to the Filter List and change the online status.
- You need to select Online to Send from the lot.
- Moving ahead, select Find, and you will get all the pending paychecks listed before you.
Finally, hit Run a Verify Data, and it will display the stuck paychecks.
Resolve 4: Verify Stuck Paychecks Information
In order to make this step work, you will first have to access the stuck paychecks with the same step as mentioned in Resolve 3.
- Once you have those on your screen, go to the very first one in the list and select Paycheck Details.
- This will lead you to the Review Paycheck tab, where you need to locate Earnings and click on that.
- Here, scroll down to the last item present in the list, copy the same, and generate it as a new item again.
- Eventually, you will land on the Net Pay Locked tab. Decline the action here by hitting No and going back to the newly added item.
- Next, select Rate Field and ensure that you have the same Net Pay and Taxes. If so, then click on OK.
- Now, if you get a pop-up with the Past Transactions message, then select Yes.
- Thereafter, save the changes and hit Yes if you get Recording Transactions on a prompt window.
- Next, you need to go back to the paycheck and open Details.
- You now need to delete the new entry that you created a while ago.
- Again, make sure there are no alterations to the Net Pay and taxes and hit OK.
- Hit Save & Close to save all the edits.
Remember, you need to follow the aforementioned steps with each paycheck entry that is under “Online to Send.”
There are millions of people who work on QuickBooks on an everyday basis and face issues similar to QuickBooks Error PS038. This is where we come into the picture. This blog holds all the solutions that you can go ahead with and eliminate this issue from your software.
All the steps are DIY (Do It Yourself), so you won’t need any external help. However, if you are unable to fix the problem with these, our team of experts will introduce you to some other technical solutions for the same.
Reach out to us via email, over a call, or through the live chat option available on our online website. Someone will connect with you as soon as possible and help you out.