Have you accidentally deleted transactions in your QuickBooks desktop account? Then there is no direct way to recover these deleted transactions in your QuickBooks account.
Although with the help of the audit log process, you can easily create a transaction or invoice to rectify the mistake through the audit log process. In case you have accidentally lost a transaction due to technical glitches or loss of transactions, then it can be restored easily with the help of a backup file.
If you also want to learn how to recover deleted transactions on QuickBooks desktop, you can read this blog post until the last word to fix the issue.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
How to Recover Deleted Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop through Audit Log?
Let’s take a look at the procedure for how you can use the audit log to recover deleted transactions in QuickBooks desktop software;
- First, log in to the QuickBooks desktop accounting software, and navigate to the settings tab.
- As the settings drop-down list appears, go to “Reports”> “Accounts & Taxes.”
- As the side menu bar appears on the screen, click on the “Audit Trail” option.
- The audit trail includes every transaction that needs to be deleted, entered, or altered.
- Under the date range box, click on the “From” field option, and then select the date on which you think that the transaction was deleted.
- After that, click on the “To Field” option, and choose the date for the deleted transactions.
- Or you can also select the date accordingly for a week or month.
- Here, you can also run the monthly or weekly report by clicking on the “Refresh” button to easily see all the transactions available during that time range.
- As the list appears on your screen, locate the transactions you accidentally deleted.
- Thereon, you have to re-enter the transaction details.
- If you have deleted an invoice or bill by mistake, you have to create the same details from the deleted transaction.
Also Read: QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly
How to Restore Deleted Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop Through Backup Files?
Given below are the steps that you can follow step-by-step to restore deleted transactions in QuickBooks desktop through the backup files;
- First, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and click on the “File” menu option.
- Thereon, click on the “Open or Restore Company File” option.
- Then select the “Restore a Backup Copy”> “Next” option.
- A prompt display message showing “Is the backup copy stored locally or online” will appear on the screen.
- If you have stored the backup on a flash drive or external drive, you must select the “Local Backup” option.
- Click on the “Next” option, and then search for the backup copy that you have made recently on your system.
- After that, you will be asked to select where to search for the backup file.
- Select this location, and click on the “OK” option.
- Select a location to save the file, and as you locate the backup file, you will be asked to specify the location where you want to save the new company file.
- Moving ahead, select the default location of the external or flash drive you are using, and click on the “OK” option.
- After that, open the file, and view the deleted transactions.
- At last, re-enter the transactions that were previously entered between when the transactions were deleted and when you restored them.
- Thereon, re-enter all the data you entered following the deleted transaction as needed.
By performing the steps mentioned above, you have successfully recovered deleted transactions in QuickBooks desktop with the help of backup files.
Method To Recover Deleted Transactions in QuickBooks Online
If you are using the QuickBooks online version and looking for some steps that you can follow to recover deleted transactions, then here are the steps that you can follow to do so;
- Firstly, navigate to the “Reports” section n your QuickBooks online account.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on the “Accounts & taxes” option.
- After that, a side menu will be open, and then you have to click on the “Audit Trail” option.
- With that effect, you will see all the transactions you have entered, altered, or deleted.
- Now, you must choose the date range for the transactions you want to recover/ restore.
- You can also select it through the “From” and “To” box.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Refresh” icon, and then the user can see all the transactions made during the date range inside the “Audit Trail.”
- It’s time to locate the transactions that you are looking to recover.
- Thereon, perform a double click on the transaction, and then you have to re-enter the details of the deleted transactions.
- In case you have deleted an invoice, it can be restored easily by generating a new invoice with the help of details from the deleted transaction.
- If it is related to a bill or bill payment, then you can create a new bill or bill payment with the help of details that have been deleted.
As shown above, we have covered the complete procedure for recovering deleted transactions in QuickBooks desktop or QuickBooks online software. You can easily perform the steps listed above to recover the deleted transactions. If you can still recover the deleted transactions, you can get in touch with our experienced QuickBooks experts. Our technicians are available 24/7 around the clock to understand your issue and assist you with the best solution to terminate the error.