QuickBooks is one of the most used and favored accounting software introduced by Intuit. It is a vast accounting software platform that has the best services for you. However, sometimes the users may face an unwanted error while completing their task on the software; one such error is Query Processing Error QuickBooks. It takes place when you are using the software’s online or Desktop version, that too for creating invoices for something.
You can easily fix this query processing errors in QuickBooks by knowing its possible reasons and effective troubleshooting methods. However, if you get stuck in the process, you can simply call us at +1 855 706 0905 and ask for help from our QuickBooks experts.
Also Read: How to Move QuickBooks to Another Computer
What are Query Processing Error QuickBooks?
Query Processing Error in QuickBooks is an unexpected error in QuickBooks accounting software that occurs due to the browsing error and creates hindrance while performing a few ongoing important functions.
Note: If you are in search of a Quick fix for this error, then you can try to use QuickBooks in incognito mode.
Reasons Behind the Query Processing QuickBooks Error.
Before going further with the troubleshoots, let’s first understand the reasons why QuickBooks Query processing error happens. So, the list of causes are:
1. Poor Internet Speed
If your Internet speed is slow, it can create major issues for you, causing the error.
2. Incorrect Security Settings
The error can also occur due to inappropriate security settings.
3. Older version of QuickBooks
If you are using an outdated or older version of QuickBooks, the Query Processing Error in QuickBooks may take place.
4. Damaged Company File
And one major reason is damaged company files, which creates the QuickBooks Query Processing Error.
How to Fix Query Processing Errors in QuickBooks?
If you want to resolve Query Processing error QuickBooks, then follow the given Methods discussed in this blog.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks To the Latest Version
Whenever you are facing an error in the QuickBooks app, it is always advised to update the software because every time QuickBooks comes with an update, they try to overcome all the previous errors the software had.
So to use a more efficient and error-free version of QuickBooks, update it by following these steps:
- Initially, Launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Then to go further, hit the Help icon or key.
- After that, hit the QuickBooks version.
- Now move toward the Update QuickBooks window, followed by a hit on the Update button.
- Now choose the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Then, Hit the Update option, and once the update is done, close the desktop to finalize the process.
Method 2: Switch Off the User Account Control
If you encounter a QuickBooks Query Processing error, then, to fix it, try to turn off the UAC and check if your error is resolved.
Follow the given process to switch off the User Account Control.
- To initiate the process, close all the software that are running on your System.
- Then go to the Control Panel window on your device.
- Next, you have to click on the Search field and enter the User Account in the search box.
- After that hit on the Change User Account Control option and then hit the Yes option present in that window.
- Now, going further, choose the option Never Notify to stop getting notifications.
- Now hit on OK and reboot your System.
Here you are done with the process of switching off The UAC, now open the QuickBooks Software and check if you are able to access it without facing a QuickBooks Query Processing error.
Method 3 : Stop QuickBooks at the time of Startup
To fix the Query Processing Error in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- To begin the process, Hold and press the Alt key.
- Now you have to double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, Write down your QuickBooks password in the required field.
- Thereafter, enter all the asked informatics in the required field.
- Now, release the Alt key and hit on the Ok option.
- Now again, press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard while launching the menu.
Once you are done signing into your QuickBooks account, release the Alt Key.
Method 4 : Run a Sample file in QuickBooks
If you are facing a Query Processing error in your QuickBooks account, then we will recommend you open a sample file in QuickBooks to troubleshoot the error and to do so:
- Firstly, find the QuickBooks icon on your desktop, press and hold the CTRL key, then Double click on the QuickBooks icon.
- You have to hold the control key until the No Company Open window appears on your window.
- Now, hit on the No Company Open heading, and select one of the sample files, then click on it to go further.
- Once you are done with the process, check if the error is fixed.
Access your Company file from some other location
If you tried to log in to your Company file from some different location and failed then, then maybe the error is in the Folder that has the QuickBooks file. (The Folder is damaged)
Note: If the issue is not in the Folder, then the company file is damaged.
So to know about it, follow the given steps:
- Create a new folder in your System, and name it QBTEST.
- Then, go to the Folder that has the QuickBooks Company File, and search the File with the help of the QBW extension.
- After that, hit on the File to highlight it.
- Once you are done highlighting your File, Copy the File by pressing CTRL +C.
- Now open the new Folder on your System, and paste the copied company file using the CTRL+V key.
- After that, open QuickBooks and press and hold the CTRL key.
- Now, hit open and browse your Company File from the new Folder (location).
Note: Release the key if the “No Company Open” appears on your screen.
After this, open the company file, and check if your QuickBooks query processing error is resolved.
If the problem is not in the Folder, then chances are that your File is damaged. To know more about it, go through the next method.
Recreate the QuickBooks Company File
If, even after following all these procedures, the Query processing error in your QuickBooks account is consistent, then to resolve it, recreate the QuickBooks Company File.
Note: It is helpful if your Company file is damaged.
Try the given steps and recreate the company file.
- Click on the Company menu.
- Then, to move forward, hit the Users option.
- Now, you have to choose the Set Up User & Roles.
- Search for the user files that have an error, then delete them.
- Now, go to the Account menu option and hit on New to create a new user file.
- Provide all the correct login details in the required box, like your Username & Password.
- Then, set up the Roles for the user.
- And to finish the process, hit the OK button to create a new user.
At this point, we have come to an end and hope that the methods discussed above will help you to fix your Query Processing QuickBooks error. However, to avoid the error, always try to update your QuickBooks software asap. If you still encounter any issues, connect with our experts through live chat or email; we are available 24*7. Our experts will consult you in no time and assist you in the best possible manner.