QuickBooks Payroll Service is used by small and medium-sized businesses to manage their payroll-related tasks. Moreover, this feature also helps in reducing the stress of manually creating payroll. Unfortunately, while accessing the payroll service, users might get stuck with QuickBooks Error 15222 while downloading the latest updates of the payroll subscription.
Moreover, this error might also trigger due to the misconfiguration in the internet explorer settings. However, there are several other factors that might lead to this error. We have discussed all such causes in the further section of the blog, along with the simple resolution methods to fix it.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 103
A Brief Introduction to QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
QuickBooks Error 15222 falls under the 15XXX series of errors that might occur while downloading payroll updates. This error is caused due to multiple factors, such as misconfiguration of the internet explorer settings or the expired digital signature certificate.
Whenever the error occurs, it prevents users from getting the latest QuickBooks payroll updates. Thus, it prevents users from performing payroll-related tasks using the QuickBooks application.
Reasons That Contribute Towards the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
At times, users might encounter QuickBooks Error 15222 while using the unsupported version of the QuickBooks Desktop. Apart from this, it may also trigger due to several other reasons; we have described some of them below:
- There is a possibility that Internet Explorer is not set as the default web browser.
- Sometimes, it may evoke when the user doesn’t login into Windows using admin rights.
- The users might encounter QuickBooks Error 15222 when the third-party application interrupts QuickBooks from using the internet connection.
- The QuickBooks Error 15222 might appear if the digital signature certificate is either expired or missing.
Also Read: How to Import Transactions Using Excel File into QuickBooks?
How can you Identify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222?
Here, we have listed some of the signs and symptoms using which you can easily detect QuickBooks Error 15222.
- This error might obstruct the users while getting the recently launched QuickBooks Payroll updates.
- You may notice that the active window starts freezing suddenly due to the occurrence of the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15222.
- An error message will appear on your computer screen.
- It interrupts the users from downloading the latest QuickBooks updates.
Effective Ways to Overcome QuickBooks Desktop Error 15222
If you are also the one who is facing issues while managing payroll activities due to QuickBooks Desktop Error 15222, then don’t worry. We have provided you with simple methods using which you can easily get rid of the error without making much effort.
Also Read: Upgrade QuickBooks to QuickBooks Desktop 2023
Solution 1: Get a Digital Signature Certificate Installed
Digital Signatures are necessary to verify the reliability of the application. If you notice that the digital signature of the QuickBooks application goes missing, then the Intuit server won’t allow you to download the update. Therefore, we have listed some of the simple steps to install the digital signature certificate; check them out.
- To begin the process, open the Windows File Manager and then type “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks” within the search column.
- Soon after this, launch the QuickBooks folder on your system and then look for the file name “QBW32.exe”.
- Now, right-click on the QBW32.exe file and then tap on the Properties option.
- Moving ahead, choose the Digital Signature tab and ensure that you have added Intuit.inc to the signature list.
- Tap on the Details option and then move to View Certificate from the Digital Signature Details window.
- After that, opt for the Install Certificate from the Certificate window.
- Now, select the Finish option when you see the Clicking Next until the Finish message appears on your computer screen.
- Finally, relaunch your system and open the QuickBooks application on your system. Later on, try updating the QuickBooks Payroll and check whether the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Ensure that you have Set Internet Explorer as the default Internet Browser
At times, users might confront QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 when Internet Explorer isn’t set as the default browser. Therefore, to resolve the issue, you must verify that Internet Explorer is set as the default internet browser by following the steps listed below:
- Open Internet Explorer and then pick Internet Options.
- After this, click on the Programs tab and then mark the checkbox of “Make Internet Explorer the default browser”.
- Once you are done, tap on the Ok option, and it will save the changes made successfully.
Also Read: How to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Solution 3: Make Use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is one of the best tools that help in repairing the company file and networking issues. Before using this tool, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub, open it on your system.
- Go to the Company File Issues tab and then Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, choose your company file and click the Check your File option.
- Move ahead by entering the QuickBooks admin password and check whether the issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Examine the Settings of Your Internet Explorer
At times, the users might confront QuickBooks Error 15222 due to the misconfigured internet explorer settings. Therefore, to fix the issue you need to review the settings of the Internet Explorer. For that, you need to perform the steps listed below thoroughly:
- Initially, ensure that you have set the Internet Explorer as the default web browser.
- Verify that your system’s time and date settings are correct and then verify the strength of the cipher.
- Now, in the INternet Explorer, move to the Tools option followed by the Internet Options.
- Soon after this, Go to the General tab and opt for the Delete option. Clicking on the Delete option will eventually remove all the temporary internet files from your system.
- You must also verify the LAN Settings from the section of Connections.
- Lastly, you must assure that you have marked the checkbox of TLS 1.2 in the Advanced tab.
Solution 5: Try Updating AntiSpyware and AntiMalware software on your device
If you have already installed the antivirus softwares like AntiSpyware and AntiMalware, then you need to add the following domains:
Also Read: Change TurboTax Password
The Final Say
We give you the guarantee that by following the resolution methods, you can easily eliminate QuickBooks Error 15222. However, if you get stuck while performing these steps, you can communicate with one of our highly-certified experts. You can connect with our experts through email or the chat support facility.
The users might come across QuickBooks Error 15222 while downloading a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update.
The users might encounter QuickBooks Error 15222 due to the expired digital signature certificate. Apart from this, there are numerous other reasons, such as internet connectivity issues, lack of admin rights, etc.
The users can troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15222 by installing the digital signature certificate on their system. Also, ensure that you are well-connected with a stable internet connection and you have set Internet Explorer as the default browser.