Preparing taxes was never an easy task, and it is time-consuming, involving absolute calculations, exact preparation, and authentic results. TurboTax taxation software was introduced with the main purpose of helping citizens to complete the tax detailing and calculations process smoothly. Sometimes, when a user starts preparing their task with the wrong version, they have to start again with TurboTax software.
Well, if you are also searching for a comprehensive guide about starting over on TurboTax, this blog will be very crucial for you. In this post, we will cover the complete procedure of how to start over on TurboTax. So, stay tuned and read this post till the last word.
Stuck with the Start Over on TurboTax and don’t know how to get it fixed? Ring us at +1 855 706 0905, and our experts will assist you with the simple ways to eliminate the error.
How To Clear and Start Over on TurboTax Desktop?
If you are using the desktop version of TurboTax taxation software and want to start over on TurboTax from the beginning, then given below are the steps that you can execute to do so;
Deleting the “.tax” file:
Given below are the steps that you can execute to delete the tax return file from your TurboTax account;
- Firstly, navigate to the My Documents folder on your PC.
- Thereon, open the TurboTax folder, where you saved all the files.
- In the documents folder, search for the file which you want to delete, and then click on the “Delete” option.
- Moving ahead, move to the recycle bin and permanently delete the file.
Filing a New Return:
After you have deleted the tax file, then here are the steps that you can execute to file a new return;
- First, launch the TurboTax desktop application on your PC.
- Thereon, click on the “File” option, which is available at the top left side of the screen.
- At last, click on the “New Return” option.
By performing the steps mentioned above, you have now successfullystart over on TurboTax desktop version.
Also Read: How to Upgrade TurboTax
How to Start Over on TurboTax Online?
Now, let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to start over on TurboTax online version;
- First of all, sign in to your TurboTax online account.
- Thereon, choose a particular topic in which you want to continue your tax return.
- Moving ahead, select the “Tax Tools” option, which is available on the left side of the screen.
- After that, you can easily find an option of TurboTax clear and start over, and you can also locate this through the menu icon at the top right side of the screen.
- Then, a confirmation pop-up window will appear on your screen.
- There, you have to click on the “Yes” option.
How to Completely Start Over On TurboTax With Mobile App?
TurboTax allows users to start over on filing taxes with their mobile application. If you also want to start over on TurboTax with the mobile application, then here are the steps that you can follow to do so;
- First of all, launch the TurboTax application on your mobile device.
- Thereon, tap on the menu option available at the top-left side of the screen, and then select the “Log Out” option.
- After that, launch a compatible web browser on your device, and use the application to sign in to TurboTax.com.
- Now, click on the menu option available on the left side of the screen, and then tap on the “Tax Tools” option.
- Moving ahead, select the “Clear and Start Over” option.
- Thereon, a prompt window will open on your screen. Here, you have to tap on the “Yes” option.
- Then select the “Log Out” option at the bottom of the left-hand screen.
- Followed by the above steps, log in to your TurboTax mobile application, and check if you have got an answer to the question of how to start over TurboTax.
How to Re-fill TurboTax Taxes?
If you have already filed your taxes with TurboTax, then given below are the steps that you can execute to re-fill it;
- First of all, log in to your TurboTax account.
- Thereon, click on the “File Now” option available at the top side of the screen.
- Moving ahead, select the “Start Over” option and choose the financial year you want to start with.
- Now, follow the prompt instruction to provide the details again.
After that, you can keep following the on-screen instructions to re-fill the tax on TurboTax taxation software.
So, we hope you find this blog interesting. In this write-up, we have covered complete information about how to start over on TurboTax 2022. You can easily perform the methods listed above to clear and start over on TurboTax. If you still have any TurboTax queries, you can get in touch with our team. We are a team of professional experts who have mastered the skill sets related to TurboTax features and their uses. Send us your query now via chat box or mail at email@example.com. Our experts are working 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query and provide the best feasible solution.
By default, TurboTax saves the tax files in the “My Documents TurboTax” folder. You can easily navigate to the folder to open the tax return using the same TurboTax version for that year.
A TurboTax user can access their tax returns through the software for the last seven years. No matter what version you are using, i.e., free edition, deluxe, premier, or self-employed, you will have access to a tax return for up to 7 years.
A refund process from TurboTax takes around 21 days to complete. This time frame for the federal tax refund with e-file and direct deposits may vary.
Filing e-file return through TurboTax is completely free for the users. Although, there is a small charge/ fee that users have to pay to prepare the tax returns. The current price for TurboTax Self-Employed is $120 for the Federal and $50 for the state, in addition with sales tax.