Your TurboTax user ID and password is the gateway to your account in this tax preparation software. Without this credential, you cannot have access to your account; so these can be considered important security features that will protect your account and its data. However, what will you do when you don’t remember the password of your TurboTax account? Or how to change the TurboTax password? You only need to reset your password when you don’t know it and the steps required for this process are given in this blog. You can even reach out to TurboTax customer care to speak with accounting experts to help you fix the issue.
Steps to Change the TurboTax Password
If you wish to change your TurboTax old password, you don’t need to sign out from your account as you can do it from your TurboTax Account recovery page. Follow the quick steps:
- Login to your TurboTax account by entering your username and password
- Click on the option of Intuit Account present in the left corner of the screen
- Now look under the Sign In and Security option and select the Edit that is next to User ID or Password
- Here you have to enter the new password and then your existing password
- Save the changed password
Steps to Reset Forgotten TurboTax Password
When you forgot your TurboTax account’s password, you have to reset it so that you can get access to your account back. However, you should know the email address, phone number, and user Id associated with your account for resetting the password. See the steps to reset your TurboTax password:
- Go to the login page of TurboTax
- Here you can enter your phone number, user ID, or email address
- Click on the Forgot password link and then we a code will be sent to your phone number or recovery email address to help you in recovering your Account
- Enter the code and then create the new password for your TurboTax account.
- Save the changes, and your password has been reset
If you cannot recover the password, you can select the option of ‘Try Something Else’ that is there on the Account Recovery Page. Then you will be asked a wide range of questions so as to verify your identity. If your all answer is correct, then you will automatically regain the access of your TurboTax account. However, don’t forget to update your phone number in your TurboTax account to boost your account’s security and make the recovery process easy. You can even take help from the experts by calling TurboTax phone number that is available at all 24 hours. The taxation experts will hear out your issue and then will give you the best possible solution.
Also Read: What to do if TurboTax not Working?