Have a look at the procedure to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 16026:
QuickBooks is considered to be one of the most popular accounting software used by every business. No matter big or small business, everyone uses this impeccable accounting software. This accounting software has changed the face of accounting and bookkeeping. With the help of QuickBooks, accounting has become less complicated, resulting in saving a lot of time, effort, and money.
Every year, Intuit, the creator of QuickBooks, launches new updates packed with new and amazing features. This efficient software ensures seamless business operations. QuickBooks is packed with numerous features, but users sometimes face errors or glitches. One such glitch is QuickBooks error 16026. We have curated a stepwise guide to resolving this particular error. By following the stepwise guide, you can resolve this error on your own. If you are unable to resolve the error on your own, then you can always seek assistance from the support service providers.
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Error H101
What are the Common Causes for QuickBooks Error 16026?
The QuickBooks Error Code 16026 generally mostly occurs when you are trying to download or install the updates.
This type of error generally comes up when the company file is corrupted. Sometimes using an older version of the application can also lead to some potential issues.
Have a look at some of the possible reasons as to why QuickBooks error 16026 occurs:
• This error can occur because of an incomplete or incorrect software installation.
• The unsupported QuickBooks version can also cause this error to occur.
• If you use an outdated version of Internet Explorer, this error occurs frequently.
• The poor or slow internet connection can also lead to the QuickBooks Error 16026.
What are the Possible Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 16026?
Go through the following methods in order to fix the QuickBooks desktop update error code 16026:
- Firstly, you have to launch the QuickBooks software.
- Next, you can go to the Financial Institutions catalog, and then you must apply the given steps below:
- First of all, you have to choose Banking and then Online Banking.
- Now go to the Available Financial Institutions.
- When the Financial Institution Directory is displayed on the screen, it means that QuickBooks is able to access one of Intuit’s online services.
- If you are able to access the Internet from a Web browser or QuickBooks, try to get all the updates done in your programs.
- Now you must check for your Internet Explorer version by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, you ought to launch Internet Explorer.
- The next step is to check out the Help menu and select Internet Explorer.
- Now you must install the current version of Internet Explorer in case you are still stuck on the 6.0 version.
- After it is done, install the recent encryption pack of Internet Explorer if you use the version of IE later than 6.0, but make sure that the cipher strength is lower than 128-bit.
- Finally, when all the steps are fully covered, you have to make sure to install QuickBooks again as well as the latest updates.
The rectifying of QuickBooks Update Error 16026 is not that complicated, and all you must do is carefully follow the instructions provided below. However, if you still get stuck or you are unable to resolve the issue, then make sure to connect with the QuickBooks service provider. They are fully trained and experienced QuickBooks Experts who are available 24/7 to provide you with assistance for any QuickBooks errors.
Also Read: Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, or Enterprise