Generally, the users might strike TurboTax Error Code 36 due to improper software installation on their operating system. Also, it may also arise due to the sudden crashing of software and applications.
When the error occurs, it crashes your active window and thus interrupts the users in operating TurboTax software. If you are also getting TurboTax Error 36, then you must explore the root causes that may trigger the error in this post. Also, we have elaborated on quick fixes for the error.
Are you finding TurboTax Error Code 36 a little tricky to resolve on your own? Connect with our highly-certified experts right now at +1 855 706 0905 and obtain the best ways to put this error at rest.
Reasons Why You Come Across TurboTax Error 36
The users might experience TurboTax Error Code 36 for many reasons. We have described all such factors below; have a quick overview of them to resolve the issue easily.
1. The incomplete installation of the TurboTax application is one of the reasons that may trigger the error.
2. Sometimes, the error might pop up due to the instant shutdown of the PC.
3. Not using the upgraded version of the antivirus program may also be responsible.
4. In other instances, you may confront this error due to the corrupted system file entries.
5. Also, it might arise when you face an immediate shutdown of your computer device.
Signs Of Error Code 36 TurboTax
If you are thinking on that how you can ensure that the TurboTax Error Code 36 has interrupted the workflow, check for the following signs.
1. You might face trouble while installing the TurboTax application on your device.
2. The users might notice that the active programs in Windows might crash, freeze or hang.
3. In other instances, it may happen when your PC starts running slowly or sluggishly.
4. When the error occurs, it starts flashing on the screen with the relevant error description.
Easy and Simple Ways to Fix TurboTax Error Code 36
We understand that it gets quite frustrating for the users when they won’t be able to install the software due to TurboTax Error 36. Thus, it might obstruct the users from performing their ongoing tasks. Considering it in mind, here we have explained some of the easy ways that will shed some light to deal with the issue within no time.
Solution 1: End all the Background Processing using the Task Manager
1. In the first step, you must simultaneously launch the Task Manager on your device by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys. With this, it will display a list of all the running programs and applications.
2. Take your cursor to the Processes tab and click on it.
3. After that, what you have to do is to choose the programs one by one. Then, end the process by hitting the “End Process” button.
4. You have to verify whether the error persists or not. If you locate the conflicting program creating the issue, reinstall it.
Solution 2: Installation of the Graphic Drivers Once Again
At times, outdated graphic drivers might obstruct the installation process. Therefore, you must verify whether your graphic drivers are corrupt or not. If the graphic drivers you are accessing are not updated, uninstall them and install a fresh copy of it.
Below we have provided some simple steps to get the fresh copy of graphic drivers installed again.
1. Begin the process by launching the graphic drivers on your device.
2. Afterwards, look for your graphic drivers and tap on the Video Card Drivers.
3. In the end, opt for the highlighted “Uninstall” option.
4. Once you uninstall the graphic drivers, you must relaunch your system.
5. Now, you must browse the new graphic drivers for your Windows version and install it on your device.
Solution 3: Recover the TurboTax Error Code 36 Registry Entry
1. Initially, launch the Command Prompt on your device and input “regedit”. Hit the enter key from your keyboard and then proceed further.
2. As a result, it will take you to the Registry window, where you need to opt for Error 36 associated key to back up.
3. Soon after this, launch the Export option by choosing File from the Menu tab.
4. Now, you must store the TurboTax backup key by opting for the desired folder on your device.
5. You have to assign a new name to the backup File so that you can easily identify it.
6. Navigate to the Export Range option and then pick the desired branch.
7. At last, hit the Save button to restore the mandatory changes made in the Registry entry.
Solution 4: Perform the Malware Scan on your device
At times, the users might encounter software issues because of malware and viruses. Therefore, scanning your device for viruses and other malicious activities is mandatory. For the thorough scan, you must perform the step-by-step instructions outlined below.
1. You have to clean the junk files from your device permanently with the help of Disk Cleanup.
2. For operating the Disk Cleanup, move to the Command Prompt and input “cleanmgr” into the search field.
3. Next, hit the Enter key on your keyboard to launch the Disk Cleanup Utility.
4. Consequently, the window will display the amount of disk space occupied on your device. Also, the space that you can cover on your hard disk.
5. Verify the desired options and hit OK to initiate the disk cleanup process.
Also Read: TurboTax 1098-T Error
Summing It Up!!
It is time to summarize the explanatory guide on TurboTax Error Code 36. We understand how frustrating it gets when you are unable to work on TurboTax when you randomly receive such an error. Well, we hope that after going through this entire post, you will be able to figure out this issue instantly. If you are seeking further help, consult our experts via email or live chat.