Now that the latest edition of the Sage 50 2023 is available, you can upgrade Sage 50 old to 2023 and utilize its new and incredible features. If you are not sure how to get it done, reading this post until the end will answer all your related queries. Upgrading your accounting application to the latest release can bestow you with numerous additional features. When upgrading Sage 50 to 2023, you need to purchase a new license key that will allow you to activate your upgraded product.
If you are Sage 50 2018 or later versions, upgrading it to 2023 will automatically upgrade the company file just by launching the file. However, if you are using the earlier Sage 50 2017 or earlier version, you need to upgrade your company file to an intermediate version before finally upgrading it to 2023. For some users, getting the Sage 50 latest version can be a demanding task. Worry not! Following this post until the end can help you with the Sage 50 upgrade procedure.
Need help with the Sage 50 version 2023 upgrade procedure? Connect with us by dialing +1 855 706 0905 and talk to experienced Sage 50 professionals.
What’s New In Sage 50 Version 2023?
Before we move ahead to upgrade Sage 50 to the latest release available, let’s have a look at its newly included options you can utilize after the upgrade:
- Compatibility With Windows 11 – Regardless of whether you are installing the program to a new system or updating an existing one, Sage 50 Accounting Edition 2023.0 is up to date. It means that it will keep the security of your data intact and alleviate downtime.
- Faster banking services for a seamless banking experience with the Sage 50 2023 version.
- Users can open Sage 50 company in read-only mode even after having connectivity or other software issues.
- Additional withholding areas for states having paid family leaves that need employers to collect contributions from their employees.
- Easy accessibility of 1099/1096 tax forms via Aatrix.
System Requirements For Sage 50 Upgrade Old Versions
Before you proceed further with the upgrade process, you need to make sure that the system requirements are fulfilled:
- 2.0 GHz processor for both single as well as multiple modes.
- 4 GB of RAM for both standalone and multiple users.
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (version 1809 and higher) that has been updated to the latest release.
- 1 GB of Disk space for program installation.
- Internet Explorer 11.0 should be installed along with various Sage solutions. Alternatively, you can have Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (version 2020 and higher) web browsers for Connected Services outside of the product.
- MS .NET Framework 4.7.2, including DirectX Dependency for .NET, where an additional 280 MB to 850 MB of space is required.
- A screen resolution of 1280×800; Preferred Resolution: 1920×1080 or higher.
- Small fonts/DPI settings are preferred.
- Access to a strong Internet connection (at least 25mbps).
- Maximum file size of 5GB for Sage Drive companies.
- Make sure that the computer name doesn’t exceed 15 characters.
Steps To Upgrade Sage 50 Old to 2023
Now that you know what’s new in Sage 50 2023, below are the steps to upgrade Sage 50 account to the new version 2023:
1: Upgrade Sage 50 To 2023 Version
- In the first place, you need to start the Sage 50 application as a system admin in single-user mode. Alternatively, you may open a sample company file.
- Now, choose Help and then Upgrade your Sage 50 product.
- Check if the Upgrade button is gray. If yes, you need to relaunch the program in single-user mode or open a sample company.
- When on the Sage 50 Product Details window, replace the old serial number with the new serial number.
- Choose to Recover my key code from the online Sage 50 if you are connected to the Internet.
- If not, you need to choose the “Use this key code” option and click Enter button.
- After that, click OK to confirm the choice you have made.
- Once done, you will need to perform the above steps on all workstations having Sage 50 installed on them.
2: Add/Modify User License
When on other workstations, perform the following steps:
- On the systems that have Sage 50 installed, open the file as system admin in single-user mode.
- Now go to the HELP section and upgrade to the Sage 50 product.
- Here, you will have to replace the old serial number with the new one.
- The serial number tells how many user licenses are available for use.
- In the end, click OK in order to get the key code online.
3: Upgrade Sage 50 Editions To Accountant Edition
To upgrade Sage 50 latest version to the Sage Accountant edition, follow the below-explained steps:
- Uninstall the product entirely and then reinstall Sage 50 using the same installer file. Accountant Version serial number given by the Account Manager will also be required to get the task accomplished.
- After the first system, you need to repeat the same action on other computers as well.
The steps described in this post can help you upgrade sage 50 application so that you can harvest its newly added and improved features. However, if you are experiencing difficulty with anything related to the Sage 50 upgrade, you have the option to connect with our experienced professionals. They can help you with prompt and relevant assistance with your queries.