QuickBooks is a featured rich accounting software that helps small and medium-sized businesses manage their financial and accounting services. Although, facing issues while working on the QuickBooks software is quite common nowadays. Sometimes, users face many errors when printing documents such as invoices, checks, pdfs, and print previews. Intuit specially designs QuickBooks pdf repair tool to identify the errors that arise while accessing the pdf and print feature in QuickBooks.
Printing any document in QuickBooks requires help from various Microsoft components such as XPS Document writer, MSXML, print spooler service, etc. If you also want complete instructions about using the QuickBooks pdf repair tool, then you can read this post till the last word.
System Requirements to Use QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool
Let’s take a brief look at the minimum system requirements that your system must meet to use the pdf repair tool for QuickBooks;
- All versions of windows are highly compatible to use QuickBooks pdf repair tool.
- A high-speed internet connection.
- Free storage space of 512 MB and at least 1 GB of RAM.
- A minimum 266 MHZ fast processor to install the tool.
- Minimum screen resolution size of 1024 X 768.
Which Issues Can Be Resolved With QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool?
Below, we have listed some of the common printing errors that can be resolved with the help of the QuickBooks pdf repair tool;
- No pdf file component issue.
- QuickBooks desktop application not responding or is unresponsive.
- Unable to print a document due to a missing component.
- Unable to save pdf files.
- PDF converter activation issue -41, -30, -20
- QuickBooks unrecoverable error.
- Facing issues while printing reports and transactions.
- Damaged or corrupted components such as spooler services, XPS Document writer, MSXML, etc.
- The printer stops responding during the printing command.
Why Does QuickBooks Pdf and Printing Error Arises?
Some of the possible reasons why QuickBooks PDF and printing error arises are as follows;
- The PDF converter is offline or disconnected.
- An outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application can be the primary reason for the error.
- Unstable or weak internet connection.
- The pdf or document is missing from the system.
- Another reason can be the outdated version of QuickBooks software or the windows version.
- The print driver host not working, can also lead to the occurrence of the error.
- QuickBooks framework is facing issues with communicating with the printer.
How to Use QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool?
Let’s discuss the different methods that you can follow to use the QuickBooks pdf repair tool to resolve printing and pdf Issues in the QuickBooks desktop application;
METHOD #1. Run QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool From QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks tool hub is an all-in-one repairing tool that includes multiple in-built tools that help resolve errors in QuickBooks. To use the QuickBooks pdf repair tool, users must first download the QuickBooks tool hub on their device.
Step A. Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub
Given below are the steps that you can follow to execute to install QuickBooks install tool hub;
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
- Thereon, launch a compatible web browser on your device, and download the latest version of QuickBooks tool hub (184.108.40.206).
- Save the downloaded file to the location where you can access it easily.
- After that, as the downloading ends, then double-click on the downloaded file to open it.
- Moving ahead, keep following the on-screen instructions to get the tool installed on your device.
Step B. Running QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool
Once you have installed the tool, the next step is running the QuickBooks pdf repair tool on your device. Given below are the steps that you can follow to do so;
- Firstly, double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon available on the desktop screen to launch it.
- Thereon, click on the “Program Problems” option, which is available on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the “QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool” option.
- The repairing process will commence on your screen within one or two minutes.
As the repairing process ends, launch the QuickBooks desktop application and try to print a pdf or document to check whether the QuickBooks pdf repairing tool is working efficiently.
Method #2. Reset Temp Folder Permissions
Another method through which you can use the QuickBooks pdf repair tool is by resetting temp folder permissions. Given below are the steps that you can execute to do so;
Step A. Resetting Temp Folder Permissions
- Firstly, press the “Windows + R” keys on your device to open the windows run command.
- After that, type “%temp%” in the insert field and press the enter button.
- As the temp folder opens on your screen, right-click on the free space and click on the “Properties” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Security” tab option, then checkmark all the usernames and groups to permit full control.
- After allowing the permissions, then try to save a pdf.
Step B. Allow Print Confirmation
- First, open a notepad on your device.
- Thereon, write anything randomly in the notepad for testing purposes.
- Moving ahead, navigate to the “File” and click on the “Print” option.
- Now, select the “XPS Document Writer” option, and again click on the “Print” option.
- Thereon, choose the desktop option under the “Dialog” box.
- At last, move to the QuickBooks desktop application, and verify if you can view the XPS document you have printed from the notepad.
By performing the steps mentioned above, you can use the QuickBooks pdf repair tool to take a printout from the QuickBooks desktop application.
Also Read: What’s New in QuickBooks Mac Plus 2023
Method #3. Rename the QuickBooks Printer File
The next solution you can execute to resolve QuickBooks pdf and printing issues is renaming the QuickBooks printer file. So, here are the steps that you can execute to rename the QuickBooks printer file;
- First of all, users have to search for the files.
- Thereon, perform right-click on the file and select the rename option.
- With that effect, rename the files to “qbprint.old” and “wpr.old”.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and access the company’s files.
- After performing the above steps, select the file and the “Printer Setup” option.
- Then, select the transaction in the form name, and click on the “OK” option.
- At last, reset the printer settings in the user software.
Method #4. Reinstall, Test, and Change Permissions for XPS Document Writer
Step 1. Test XPS Document Writer and Print Outside QuickBooks
- First, open any document, click on the “File” menu option, and then select the “Print” option.
- Thereon, the printer’s window screen will appear on your screen.
- Here, you must select your “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” under the list of printers.
- Now, save the “.xps file, and then move to the desktop, and search there for the “.xps file.”
- If you find the “.xps file” there, then try to open it. If you face an error while opening it, or if the file does not display correctly, you have to reinstall the XPS Document writer.
- If you can’t find the file there and didn’t face any error while saving it, then the security settings may be an issue. The security settings may block you from printing or deleting the .xps file.
- The other scenario is if QuickBooks encounters a problem while trying to print, or if the XPS Document writer is unavailable, you have to install it again.
Step 2. Make Sure That You Have Enabled XPS Services
- Firstly, launch the windows file explorer on your device by pressing the “Windows + E” keys together.
- Thereon, click on the “Computer” tab available on the upper left side of the screen.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Uninstall” or “Change a Program” option, and then select the “Turn Windows Features on or off” option.
- Moving ahead, scroll down on the page, and make sure that the XPS services and XPS viewer options are enabled.
- If any option is disabled, checkmark the boxes immediately to enable it and click on the “OK” option.
- On the other side, reinstall the XPS printer if both features are enabled and you still face the error.
Step 3. Reinstalling Microsoft XPS Document Writer
The next is to reinstall the Microsoft XPS document writer on your device. Below listed are the steps that you can execute to do so;
- First, navigate to the PC’s settings and click on the “Control Panel” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Devices and Printers” option and select the “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” icon.
- Now, click on the “Remove Device” option and select the “Yes” option to confirm the request.
- Under the toolbar, click on the “Add a Printer” option, and then you have to add the local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Thereon, you have to select the “PORTPROMPT: (Local Port) under the use an existing port, and then click on the “Next” option.
- After that, under the manufacturer list, you have to select the “Microsoft” option, then “Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4” and then click on the “Next” option.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on the “Replace the Current Driver” option and then select the “Next” option.
- Under the printer name field, you have to remove the “v4” part.
- Therefore, the printer’s name will be “Microsoft XPS Document Writer,” and then click on the “Finish” option.
Step 4. Change Windows User Permissions For XPS Document Writer
- Firstly, navigate to the printer’s control panel on your windows device.
- Thereon, right-click on the “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” and then click on the “Printer Properties” option.
- After that, you have to click on the “Security” option and select the “Everyone” user group option.
- In case, if you notices that the Everyone user group is not listed, then click on the “Add” button. After that, type “Everyone” in the insert field, and then select the “Check Names” option, and then click on the “OK” option.
- Now, click on the “Print” option, which is available in the Allow column, and click on the “OK” option.
- After that, launch the windows file explorer on your device, and then navigate to the C:\ Windows\ System32\ spool.
- Click on the “Printers” option and select the “Properties” option.
- Next, select “Security” > “Edit” > “Add,” and then type “Local Service” and then press the enter button.
- You must ensure that the local service is granted full control and click on the “OK” option.
- Last, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and try to create a new pdf file.
Step 5. Rectify Security Software Settings
The security software settings can also act as a hindrance to creating .xps files. Therefore, you are required to check the security software settings and make sure that .xps files are not blocked.
Step 6. Repair or Install MSXML 6.0
- First, open the windows run command on your device, type “Command” in the search box, and press the enter button.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on the “Command Prompt” option and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- You will be asked to provide the administrator login details and click on the “Allow” option.
- At last, type “sfc/ scannow.”
Step 7. Create a New Form Template
If the template of the user’s form is damaged or corrupted, it can be another reason leading to the issue. Therefore, you must create a new form template to deal with the issue.
- Firstly, create a new template for the form.
- Thereon, change the transaction template and create a new .pdf file.
Step 8. Bypass Print Spooler For Terminal Services
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel on your windows device.
- Thereon, right-click on the “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” and then click on the “Printer Properties” option.
- After that, click on the “Advanced” tab and select the “Print Directly to Printer” option.
- Save the updated changes by clicking on the “OK” option and then closing the printer properties window.
This blog has provided enough information about using the QuickBooks pdf repair tool. Above, we have covered the steps and procedures you can follow to use the pdf repair tool in QuickBooks. If you have any queries related to the topic or are still facing issues using the QuickBooks pdf repair tool, you can get in touch with our team of experts. Our experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to assist you in easily using the QuickBooks accounting software. You can write us your query via mail at email@example.com or chat with our experts through the chat box.