If you are willing to change TurboTax password but not sure how to get the task accomplished, then here is a friendly post for you. TurboTax is an excellent tool for taxation that enables users to file their taxes smoothly. You can access a free version of the program for simple tax filing.
There are various instances when you may need to change your TurboTax password and keep your account secure. For instance, when you forget your old password or feel that your account is compromised, change your password immediately. Here, we will discuss some easy ways to change TurboTax user ID and password for you. Let’s start!
Need help with TurboTax password change? Dial +1 855 706 0905 to get instant help.
Instances When You May Need To Change Your TurboTax Password
There are many instances when you may need to change your current/lost password. Check the below-given list:
- Where there is a security breach, you need to change your password immediately.
- If you suspect an undesired intrusion into your account, change your password.
- On discovering the malware or other phishing software.
- When the account is logged into someone else’s device.
- If you have forgotten your existing password, reset it as soon as possible.
- It is wise to change your password on a regular basis to keep your account safe against people with nefarious intentions.
How Can I Change The Username On My TurboTax account?
If you are wondering how to change your user name on your TurboTax account, then following the below-given steps can help you with your quest. In the first place, you need to log into your TurboTax online account. Once done, perform the below-given steps with full attention:
- Navigate to your Intuit Account and then log in to your account using the accurate credentials.
- Next, you need to click on Intuit Account, located at the lower left corner of your system’s screen.
- When on the Account Settings screen, click either Profile or Security, depending on which options you wish to change.
- If you want to change your User ID, go to the Profile tab and hit the Edit option.
- Thereafter, perform the on-screen instructions to proceed further.
- These steps will help you to change your username on your TurboTax account.
Also Read: How to Fix TurboTax Error 190
What Is The Procedure To Change TurboTax Email Address?
While using the TurboTax account, if you want to change/update your email address, follow the below-given steps:
- Sign into your Intuit account in the first place.
- Once done, locate and click on the Sign in & security option.
- Here, you need to select the Email address.
- Thereafter, enter a new email address and select the Save option.
Once saved, your TurboTax email has changed successfully, and you can now use it with your account.
How To Change TurboTax Password?
If you are using an online account, it is wise to change your password on a regular basis. It keeps your account safe against multifaceted security risks. Sometimes, you have the option to change your password, whereas sometimes, you are forced to complete this task. Nevertheless, below are the steps you can follow for a TurboTax password change:
1: Change Old TurboTax
If you need to change your old TurboTax password, the below-given steps can help:
- Log into your TurboTax account using the current login credentials.
- Now select the Update option located next to the passcode section.
- Here, you will need to enter your current password in the given box.
- Next, choose a new password and re-enter the next box to confirm it.
- Finally, click on the Save button to finish the task.
Your password has been changed now.
2: Reset Your TurboTax Password
If you forgot change TurboTax Password, then perform the below-given steps:
- When on the TurboTax account page, click on having trouble logging in option.
- Next, enter your email address and hit the Next button.
- After that, you need to verify the phone number linked to your account.
- You may now create a new password and save it after confirming.
The password reset process is completed successfully.
How To Receive Verification Code When Email Address Is Wrong?
If you no longer have access to your email account, then you can receive the verification code to your mobile number. Below is how you receive the confirmation code via mobile:
- When you are asked if you want to receive the code via text message, select the Continue option.
- While waiting for the code, don’t close your TurboTax window. It may take a few minutes to receive the code, so you need to wait patiently.
- Once the code is received, enter it in the field “Enter 6 digit code” and avoid entering the code in the password field.
- After that, you can simply click on the Verify button in the email, and it will direct you to the TurboTax verification page.
- In the end, click the Continue option to sign into your account.
Important: When you request a new code, the old code will be rendered invalid. You have to enter the most recent code for your account verification.
Alternative Way To Confirm Your TurboTax Accountant
If you are unable to get the code, there is an alternative way to get the job done. Below are the steps:
- Select the “Confirm my account in a different way” option when you are prompted to do so and then select the Continue button.
- Next, enter information from the last year’s return. Also, make sure to enter the information of the primary taxpayer and click Continue again.
- Now enter the TurboTax-generated security questions when you are asked. In case none of your answers apply, select the “None of the above” option.
- After answering all the questions correctly, you will see the “Welcome Back!” screen.
- Here, you need to enter your email address and phone number. It will make your account verification easy in the future.
After confirming your identity, you will be redirected to the TurboTax account, where you can use the application without any problem.
Things To Consider When Changing Your TurboTax Password
If you are willing to change your TurboTax password, you need to keep a few important considerations in your mind.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts. In such a case, if one account is compromised, all other online accounts will be at risk.
- Avoid using your personal information in the password, such as your mobile number, father’s name, vehicle number, etc.
- Also, don’t use your debit/credit card pin as your password.
- Choose a strong password made by combining letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Don’t reuse old passwords, as most platforms don’t accept them.
- Avoid saving your password on public devices as they can put your account at a safety risk.
Now that you are here, I hope you have read this post on how to change TurboTax user ID and password. If you are having a kind of technical unease or need to speak to an expert, our TurboTax HelpDesk is always open for you. Explain your issues, and they will guide you with the best assistance.
1: How do I update TurboTax account information?
If you want to update your TurboTax account info, such as email, phone number, password, or mailing address, follow the below-explained steps:
- Sign into your Intuit account in the first place to start the procedure.
- After that, select the “Sign in & security” option if you want to change your user ID, password, or email address.
- If you want to update your name, address, DOB, or other information, select the “Personal info” option.
2: How to create a new TurboTax account?
To create a new TurboTax account, you can follow a few simple steps that are explained below:
- First of all, you need to make sure that your device is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- After that, open your web browser and go to the TurboTax website.
- Now click on the ‘create a new account’ option.
- Follow the instructions given on your screen and provide the required information, such as your email address, user ID, phone number, and password.
3: Can’t sign into TurboTax account. What should I do?
If you are unable to sign into your TurboTax account, you need to look for the multiple factors that can give rise to this error. For instance, when your Internet connection is not stable, or the browser has a heap of cookies and cache. To get rid of this error, you can uninstall and reinstall the TurboTax installation in the first place to make sure that the program is running optimally. If the error persists thereafter, clear the browser’s cookies and cache. If the error continues, you may also get professional assistance for the error resolution.
4: How to get help with your TurboTax account/password issues?
If you want to change TurboTax user ID and password or need additional assistance related to any TurboTax issue, our professionals are ready to help you around the clock. You may use our chat or email services to get help or request a callback during the available hours.