QuickBooks error 6094 can take place when third-party internet security applications block QuickBooks Desktop. The error can also take place when QuickBooks fails to launch its web database. When the error occurs, you will see an error message about the error, and an ongoing task gets hindered. To get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6094, you need to find and fix the issues that are causing this error. If you are not sure how to do it, reading this post until the end can help you.
Want to resolve QuickBooks error code 6094 in no time? Give us a call @ +1 855 706 0905 and see it done.
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6094: Description
The error often occurs when QuickBooks fails to launch its web database. Sometimes, it can be your Internet security program that is blocking QuickBooks Desktop application processes due to security reasons. When the error occurs, it gives the following error message –
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0)”.
This error message can crop up when you try to gain access to your QuickBooks company file. To resolve QuickBooks error 6094, you need to find the possible reasons explained in the next section.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H101
Possible Reasons Behind Error Code 6094 in QuickBooks
The primary reasons behind the QuickBooks error 6094 are stated in the below-given list:
- Your antivirus program is preventing/blocking QuickBooks from accessing the server database.
- Erroneous security application settings can also bring forth error 6094 in QuickBooks.
- SpyHunter/malware is blocking the access of the QuickBooks company file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6094, 0
Before we proceed further to the error resolution, it is important to identify the error. You can follow the signs of QuickBooks error 6094:
- You may not be able to get access to your QuickBooks data file.
- QuickBooks loses connection every now and then.
- Windows shuts down frequently and is not opening.
- Trouble updating the QuickBooks application.
- The screen keeps loading but doesn’t open.
How To Fix Quickbooks Error 6094?
Before we troubleshoot the error code, it is important to apply some general troubleshooting solutions. After implementing the basic troubleshooting, check the error code status. If the error is not resolved, we will proceed to the complex procedures. Before that;
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop application and antivirus program to the latest release.
- Open your antivirus vault and quarantine folder, and restore the qbdmgr.exe and qbdmgrn.exe files.
- Exclude QuickBooks files from the list of the programs to be scanned by your antivirus program.
1: Procedures For AVG Antivirus
Exclude QuickBooks From Being Scanned
To exclude QuickBooks from the antivirus scan list, follow the below-given steps:
- Quit the QuickBooks application and then launch the AVG antivirus application.
- After that, hit Resident Shield and then select Manage Expectations.
- Moving ahead, click Add Path and enter the path as – C:\Program Files\Intuit.
- In the end, click the OK button and then hit the Save Changes option to confirm it.
Restore QuickBooks From Quarantine
- Open the program’s dashboard and then click History.
- Here, you need to select Virus Vault and look for the QuickBooks-related files. You may determine these files with QB, such as qbw32.exe, qb.exe, etc.
Determine The File Names Altered By Antivirus in QuickBooks Folder
- Quit QuickBooks in the first place to start the main troubleshooting.
- Now, navigate to the path – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks folder and check if the names of any files are changed. e.g., QBW32_AVG_RESTORED.
- Here, you need to change the filename back to its original name, which is altered by your antivirus.
- Now launch QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks error 6094 is resolved or not.
2: Procedures For SpyHunter
If you are using SpyHunter, below are the steps to remove QuickBooks from the application’s block list:
- Launch the SpyHunter application and click System Guard.
- Next, click the User-Added tab and try to locate the QuickBooks files in the list.
- On finding the QuickBooks file in the list, configure its status to Allowed.
- If you don’t see the QuickBooks file in the list, go back and check PUP.
- Now set the status as Allowed for the QB files that are blocked underneath the PUP.
3: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub Repair QuickBooks
QuickBooks Tool Hub acts as a tool launcher in the program. For various issues, you can run the most suitable troubleshooting tools from QuickBooks Tool Hub. To repair the program, follow the below-given steps:
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website.
- Once installed, open Tool Hub to put it to use.
- When it tool hub, select the Program Problems tab and select Quick Fix My Program tool.
- It will fix the general program issues. If the error still persists, you need to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix QuickBooks error 6094.
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool helps users scan the issues related to the program installation and fixes them.
- To run this tool, you need to select the Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Once the steps are completed, check if the QuickBooks error 6094, 0 is resolved or not.
If you are having trouble running QuickBooks software due to QuickBooks error code 6094, this post can offer you a comprehensive guide for the error resolution. For fast and effective troubleshooting, you can contact QuickBooks experts and get quick assistance.