Sage 50 decline code 000006 is a decline error in the program. This error occurs when a bank declines a transaction request from a customer; therefore, it is named the decline error. This error code depicts that the bank is not willing to process the transaction or the payment.
Sage 50 is one of the best accounting applications that is used by millions of users to streamline their business accounting processes. Moreover, you can add and manage your bank account with the program.
However, when making transactions, you may get this Sage 50 decline code 000006 error 0008 on your screen. There are several other decline codes as well, and each error code represents the payment declination, but the reasons are different.
Eventually, you may not be able to complete the transaction when these decline errors occur. In this post, we will discuss what causes this error code to crop up and how to fix Sage 50 decline code 000006.
Bank Errors In Sage
When using the banking feature in Sage 50, you may experience two types of errors. The first one is Gateway rejection, whereas the second error is Decline Error Codes. Decline errors occur when the transaction is declined by your financial institution due to multi-faceted reasons.
Gateway rejections depict that the transaction or verification request has not cleared certain rules created by a certain gateway. Some requests are rejected when you send the information to the processor. Besides, some are rejected after the transactions are authorized. It shows that the gateway will automatically void the transactions and restrict the payments.
Sage 50 decline code 000006 error 0008 is also a decline error in the program wherein your request for the transaction or payment is declined by your bank. It is possible that the transaction for the account is set up for retail rates. There are several other reasons as well that can cause this error to take place.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind Sage 50 Decline Code 000006 Error 0008?
Improper shutdown of the system is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. However, there are several other reasons that can give rise to the declination of the requested transaction from within the Sage 50 application. Check the below-given list:
- Possible damage or corruption of the Windows system file.
- Partial or damaged installation of the Sage 50 application can also evoke the error.
- Improper or accidental deletion of the application or hardware can also bring forth Sage 50 Decline Code 000006 Error 0008 in the program.
- Attacks from malicious viruses or malware can cause the error code to appear on your screen.
Now that you have seen the common reasons behind the arrival of the error, suppressing them one after the other can eliminate the persisting issue.
Also Read – How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Error
How To Eliminate The Decline Code 000006 Error 0008 in Sage 50?
Knowing the possible reasons behind an error makes troubleshooting easier. The same goes for the payment declined error in the Sage 50 application. Below are some of the most effective solutions to eradicate the Sage 50 decline code:
Solution 1: Uninstall SQLCONNECTOR/ODBC 3.51.
In the first place, you need to go to the Control Panel and then uninstall the SQLCONNECTOR/ODBC 3.51. To do so, perform the below-given steps with full care and attention:
- First things first, click on the Start button and then go to the Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- Locate and right-click on My SQL CONNECTOR/ODBC 3.51. and select uninstall from the drop-down list.
- Once done, restart Sage 50 and check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: For Users Having Windows Vista or Higher
If you are using Windows Vista or Higher versions of Windows, you need to perform the below-given steps:
- Perform the below-given series of actions to start and proceed with the solution:
- Windows Start button>Control Panel>Network Sharing Center.
- Here, you need to select the change adapter settings located on the top left hand.
- Now go to the network connection and hit Properties.
- Unmark the checkbox for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/iPv6).
- In the end, select OK and reboot the system.
If the Sage 50 decline code 000006 error 0008 still persists, try the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 3: For Windows XP Users
If you are a Windows XP user, then follow the below-explained steps:
- In the first place, you need to select the Start button and then click on the Control Panel.
- Thereafter, click on Network Connection to proceed further.
- Now click on Properties.
- Here, you need to uncheck the box against internet protocol versions (TCP/iPV6).
- Once done, click OK to confirm and reboot the system.
Perform the same procedure in the program that was causing Sage 50 decline code 000006 – error 0008 and check if it is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Disable IPV6 In The Registry
If none of the solutions bring luck to the error resolution, try this solution with the utmost care and attention:
- Go to the Windows Start menu and then type Regedit in the search area.
- Hit Enter button after typing.
- Again, select the Windows Start menu and then click on Run and write Regedit and select Ok.
- Before you start this procedure, create a new backup file to keep your data intact.
- Thereafter, click on Edit, New, and then click on the word (32-bit) Value.
- Here, you need to hold on to disabled components.
- Now Enter Off and reboot the system to make sure that the error is resolved.
The solutions discussed in this post can help you eliminate the Sage 50 decline code 000006 error 0008. All you need is to perform the solution with your full attention. However, if you are facing trouble in performing the solutions, contact experienced Sage 50 professionals, and they will guide you from here in the error resolution. Once the error is resolved, you can get your bank transaction done without any problem.