QuickBooks Transaction Log File (.TLG) keeps a record of all the database server activities related to the company’s file, such as all the reads, edits, inserts, and deletes. It acts as one of the QuickBooks file types that are created when the user tries to open a particular company in a new location.
If your company data file loses a connection with the TLG file, then a new file will be created on your device. Although, if any user faces a QuickBooks TLG file issue on your device, it can disrupt the user from working on the software smoothly. If you are also facing QuickBooks Desktop TLG file issues and looking for some tested solutions, this blog is important for you.
Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Desktop TLG File Issue
Let’s take an overview of the possible reasons due to why a user may encounter QuickBooks TLG file error;
- Damaged or corrupted QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corrupted windows program files can also lead to errors.
- An outdated version of PC’s windows.
- You need to include a QuickBooks data file from your device.
- When the QuickBooks file name exceeds the normal length of the file.
- If you are using the wrong version of the QuickBooks software, then it can lead to QuickBooks Desktop TLG file issues.
Which Errors are Caused by TLG File Errors?
An error/ issue with the QuickBooks transaction log file can lead to various technical issues on your QuickBooks desktop software. Some of the common errors that arise due to the TLG file errors are as follows;
- QuickBooks error code 6190, 816: QuickBooks fails to open the company’s file
- QuickBooks error 6190, 82: QuickBooks fails to open the file on the hosting workstation.
- QuickBooks is unable to run the QuickBooks server manager on your device.
Whenever this similar error arises, the only solution left to the users is to repair the TLG file or delete it. Remember, deleting this file will not lead to any loss of your important data file. Although, data needed to restore an old backup file may get missing.
Precautions Before Fixing QuickBooks TLG File Issue
Before you directly begin with the process of deleting the TLG file on your device, it’s important to understand some of the important points that you must ensure before you delete the TLG file;
- Make sure that there is no issue with the windows program files.
- The QuickBooks desktop application is properly installed on your device and is not corrupted.
- You are using the latest version of the QuickBooks desktop application.
- The company file will be hosted only on a single workstation.
How to Resolve QuickBooks TLG File Error?
The only solution users can execute to resolve the QuickBooks TLG file issue is deleting it. As this file is created automatically, therefore, deleting the file will not harm your data.
So, given below are the steps that you can carry out to delete QuickBooks Transaction Log File (TLG) file on your device;
- First, you must navigate to the location where the QuickBooks company files are saved.
- Thereon, search for the file ending with the extension as “.TLG.”
- After that, you have to delete this file.
- Moving ahead, provide a new name to the QuickBooks file by changing the file name in that particular file directory.
- At last, you have to rename the file, and a new TLG file will be formed automatically.
Rename QuickBooks TLG File
Another solution that you can carry out to fix the QuickBooks Desktop TLG file issue is renaming the TLG issue. Here are the steps that you can perform to rename the Transaction Log File on your device;
- First, open the QuickBooks company folder on your device.
- Thereon, search there for the QuickBooks Transaction Log File, and do a right click on it.
- After that, a pop-up window appears on the screen, then click on the “Rename” option.
- Now, you must add “.TLG” at the end of the file extension.
- With that effect, the file’s new name will end at “.TLG.old.”
Once you are done with the above steps, verify whether the QuickBooks desktop TLG issues have been terminated.
As shown above, we have tried our best to enlist the numerous solutions that you can easily carry out to fix QuickBooks desktop TLG file issues. If you have any queries related to the topic, you can contact our team via Phone at +1 855 706 0905. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query and assist you with the best feasible solution.