QuickBooks error 15101 is an update error in the program that can take place while updating the payroll service or QuickBooks software itself. While using the QuickBooks application, it is crucial to ensure that the latest maintenance release is running on the program. If not, the application is prone to a wide array of technical issues. QuickBooks error code 15101 mainly occurs if the digital signature certificate is outdated or missing. However, this error can take place due to a myriad of other possible factors. To get rid of the error, you need to list them all and troubleshoot one after the other. To get more details, read this post until the end.
Unable to update QuickBooks Desktop payroll service due to error code 15101? Get help by dialing our helpline number +1 855 706 0905.
What Does QuickBooks Error Message 15101 Mean?
When updating the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service, the process gets hindered, and you may not be able to proceed any further with the update process. This error can take place if the digital signature certificate is outdated or missing. Also, you need to make sure that all the services are stated when updating the program. If not, the error message can crop up on your screen. There are many other factors that can give birth to the QuickBooks error code 15101. We will cover them all in the next sections.
Possible Reasons Behind The Arrival of QuickBooks Update Error 15101
Now that you are aware of the error code 15101 in QuickBooks, below are some of the main reasons that can evoke the issue during the update process:
- Missing or damaged digital signature certificate.
- All essential QuickBooks services are not running on Windows.
- Internet Explorer is not configured as the default browser for QuickBooks.
- Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks from connecting to the Internet to ensure security.
- It can be some third-party applications blocking QuickBooks, thereby promoting QuickBooks error 15101.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15101
If you want to identify the arrival of the QuickBooks error code 15101, keep an eye on the below-given symptoms:
- The error code 15101 will show up on your screen with an additional text explaining the persisting issue.
- You may not be able to install the latest updates for the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service.
- Some other abnormalities in the performance of the program or Windows operating system can also be experienced with the error.
When observing these signs, you can follow the troubleshooting solutions explained in the next section and get rid of the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15101? Explained
Now that we have gathered ample information on the QuickBooks payroll error 15101, let’s discuss its troubleshooting solutions:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Reboot.bat File To Fix Error Code 15101
In the first place, you need to run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat file the troubleshooting the payroll update error. Below are the steps:
- Quit QuickBooks, go to the Desktop, and right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Next, select Properties from the drop-down list and select Open File Location.
- Thereafter, locate and right-click on the Reboot.bat file and select Run as Administrator.
- You will now see a command prompt on your screen, which is scrolling through the QuickBooks files.
- Here, you should avoid manually exiting the command prompt Window.
- When the QuickBooks services are repaired, the command prompt window will be closed directly.
- Again, go back to QuickBooks and try to install the latest QuickBooks payroll updates. If QuickBooks error 15101 again flashes on your screen, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Ensure That IE (Internet Explorer) Is Your Default Browser
Internet Explorer is Intuit’s most preferred Internet browser. To get the update done smoothly, you need to make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser to perform the process. Below are the steps:
- When on Internet Explorer, click the Tools or Gear icon located in the top-right corner of your web browser.
- Next, select Internet Options and move to the Programs tab.
- Moving ahead, click on the Make Default button and hit OK to get the desired task done.
- If you are a Windows 10 user, you can refer to this link.
If this solution fails to resolve QuickBooks error 15101, follow the next solution.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks In Safe Mode Devoid Of The Interferences
If third-party applications are interfering with the update process, reinstall the program in Safe Mode by following the below-given steps:
- Reboot your Windows in the first place and then repeatedly press the F8 key.
- Here, you will see the Safe Boot options on your screen.
- Select Safe Mode using the navigation keys and click Enter button.
- Windows will now boot in Sage Mode.
- Now activate the Run window (Windows + R) and type “appwiz.cpl” in the run box.
- Click Enter and when a list of the installed programs appears on your screen, double-click the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now follow the instructions to remove QuickBooks completely from Windows.
- Moving ahead, make a visit to the QuickBooks Product Download page and download the QuickBooks setup file.
- Double-click the downloaded executable file and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the download.
- Complete the registration process and download the QuickBooks Payroll update again.
The solutions described in this post can help you troubleshoot the error code 15101. Following these solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error 15101 can help you update the QuickBooks Desktop application. For further assistance, you can contact our experts by using the chat option. You can also send us an email and get a callback based on your time of availability.