Sage 50 has established a huge name in the accounting and bookkeeping industry. Moreover, it also provides its users with a vast range of accounting features that makes the accounting process much more convenient. Undoubtedly, it is an amazing software, but still it is prominent to certain technical glitches and bugs.
Amongst one of them is Sage 50 Error 1918, which may arise while installing the accounting software on your device. Whenever the error occurs, it stops users from doing the ongoing tasks and thus hampers the overall work.
We suggest you read this entire article to have a better understanding of how the error occurs and how to resolve it.
Have you stumbled upon Sage 50 Error 1918 while installing the software? Give us a call at +1 855 706 0905 and get the best working solutions to wipe out the error asap.
Top Reasons Why You Are Getting Sage 50 Error 1918
Multiple factors might give rise to Sage 50 Error 1918. To make you aware of all the possible factors, reading the pointers listed below is a must.
1. There is an interruption in the internet network connection.
2. Sometimes, it may appear when you need help finding the file on your system.
3. You might experience the error when Open Data Base Connectivity isn’t updated.
4. It may sometimes occur when ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) isn’t set up correctly.
Also Read: Sage 100 ERP Error 65
What should you do to fix Sage 50 Error 1918 permanently?
To get rid of the Sage 50 Error 1918, it is essential to apply the quick resolution methods discussed below.
Troubleshooting Procedure 1: Install the ODBC Driver Once Again
Reinstalling the ODBC driver would help you rectify the Sage 50 Error 1918. Follow the stepwise instructions given below to accomplish the task properly.
1. Firstly, ensure that you have closed all the applications running in the background.
2. After this, ensure you are using the proper Administrator credentials to sign into your system.
3. Next, press the Windows + E keys on the keyboard and search for the program directory.
4. Subsequently, you must look for the ODBC 32 folder and try opening it.
5. If you cannot find the folder, you should install the Sage software again.
6. Launch the executable file i.e, “setup.exe”, and open it to continue with the installation process.
7. Afterwards, hit the Yes button and then the Finish button.
8. Finally, relaunch your Windows PC and verify if the issue still exists.
Troubleshooting Procedure 2: Look Into the Directory of the program-
Perform the stepwise instructions stated below in order to look into the directory program. Doing so will help you in dealing with the Sage 50 Error 1918.
1. Initially, you must launch the directory of the program and then tap on the Help menu.
2. Following this, head towards the About option and then proceed further.
3. Next, you have to move toward the Program Details section and then note down the Program Directory.
Resolution Steps For Sage 50 Accounts V23 and above Versions
Even after implementing the above-listed solutions you can’t fix Sage 50 Error 1918, then try the instructions outlined below to overcome the issue.
1. First of all, check that you have closed all the programs running in the background and then relaunch your system.
2. Afterward, sign into your system as an admin.
3. Soon after this, you have to download the file according to the operating system you are currently using. You may either access the operating system of 32-bit or 64-bit.
4. If you don’t have any idea regarding your operating system, move to the Control Panel and tap on the System icon.
5. Subsequently, after downloading the file, tap on it twice to open it to initiate the installation process.
6. Next, tap on the Yes button and hover your cursor over the Finish button.
7. Finally, relaunch your system and check if you still receive the error.
Drawing To A Conclusion:-
We assure you that you may find this post helpful in resolving Sage 50 Error 1918. If you still receive the error while installing Sage 50, look for your internet network connection. If the error persists, you can get proper assistance from our professionals through the live chat facility. Our specialists won’t disappoint you and will provide a permanent resolution to the query.