Sage is a wonderful accounting software that helps businesses to manage their accounting tasks more conveniently and smoothly. Also, it reduces the efforts of the accountants by spending a lot of time manually creating the records of the employees. Despite being excellent software, it is still prone to certain issue. One of them is the Sage 50 cannot be started errors that might occur while accessing the Sage 50 software on the system.
The users might also encounter the error while accessing the unsupported version of the Sage software. Whenever the error occurs, it prevents users from doing their ongoing business accounting tasks. However, getting rid of the issue as soon as possible is necessary so they can continue with their work without any hassle.
Looking for instant help to get rid of the Sage 50 Cannot be started error immediately? Give us a Call @ +1 855 706 0905, and feel free to have a one-to-one conversation with our experts to obtain the best working solutions.
The Notification you Received when you Encountered Sage 50 Cannot be Started
The users might get any of the following error messages on the occurrence of the error.
- Error: Sage 50 cannot be started. When pervasive is not running or needs to be restarted.
- Error Sage 50 cannot be started, and my computer operating system is Microsoft Windows 8 8.1 or 10.
- Error: Sage 50 cannot be started and have Microsoft .net framework errors in the event viewer.
- Error: Sage 50 cannot be started, and pervasive service is missing or cannot be restarted.
Reasons Why You End Up With Sage 50 Cannot Be Started Error.
Before moving ahead to the troubleshooting part, the users must be aware of the root causes that may trigger the error. This is so that you can apply the troubleshooting solution as per the cause of the error. Therefore, to update you on them, go through the below points.
- Sometimes, the users might encounter errors due to damaged files or corrupted folders.
- One of the reasons that might trigger Sage 50 cannot be started error is outdated versions of the Sage 50 software.
- It might be possible that the company file has damaged files or folders.
- Also, it might evoke due to the damaged file path.
- Moreover, it might appear due to an unstable or poor internet network connection.
Also Read: Sage 50 2021 Download
Simple Solutions to Fix Sage 50 Cannot be Started Error Hassle-Free
Once you know the root causes that might lead to the error, you can fix the issue easily. For that, you have to perform the steps listed below attentively.
Method 1: Problems Associated With the Compatibility Settings
At times, users might encounter errors because of compatibility issues with the Sage software. Therefore, verify the compatibility settings of Sage 50 by performing the steps listed below to fix the issue.
- To initiate the process, find the sage 50 icon on your desktop, and right-click on it to open it on your system.
- Proceed further by tapping on the Properties tab.
- Following this, mark the checkbox next to “Run this program in a secure mode”.
- As a result, it will open an Editor window on your computer screen. Further, insert the code “[k0w16]” and then hit the Continue option.
- Afterwards, click on the Ok option and exit the Sage 50 Properties window.
Method 2: Run the software using admin credentials after installing the software again
- In the initial stage, restart your PC and then sign in using the proper admin credentials.
- Now, you have to browse to the path, which is as follows: “C:\Segments 50_20xx_xProgram-Files (where xx is the year and _x is the product update number if it exists)”.
- Afterwards, right-click on the file named “.exe” and then opt for the Run as administrator option.
- Whenever you get a pop-up, you must select the Repair option.
- Now, you have to wait until the installation process is over.
Method 3: The creation of the shortcut is necessary
- First, right-click the Sage 50 shortcut and then opt for the Delete option.
- You don’t have to think anymore, as it won’t remove your application altogether.
- After this, look for the program path, and once you find it right-click on it.
- Choose the Send option and then go to your desktop.
- You can create a new shortcut on your desktop screen using this method.
- Moreover, you may also assign a new name to the newly generated shortcut. Giving a new name will help you to differentiate it from the old one.
Method 4: Repairing of the Reports Folder
There might be the possibility that the users might come across the error due to damage or corrupt reports folder. Therefore, fixing the damaged reports folder is necessary by performing the steps listed below.
- To begin the process, firstly, you must exit Sage 50 from all systems on the server.
- Now, search for the location, and then you will see your system host.
- Soon after this, you have to rename the server.
- End the process by tapping on the symbol of the Repair tool, and it will repair your reports folder successfully.
Method 5: Allow the Repair Tool To Run
- To initiate the process, click on the Start menu and then open the Run window on your system.
- After this, input “appwiz.cpl” into the search column of the Run Window and then hit the Enter key.
- Following this, right-click on the Sage 50 accounting and then opt for the Change option.
- Now, go to the Repair option, followed by the Change option.
- In the end, choose the Finish option to accomplish the task.
Method 6: Remove and Install the Sage 50 Software Again
- Initially, tap on the Start menu and type “Control Panel” within the search column.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the Control Panel window.
- From there, move to the Programs and Features. Then, pick the Sage 50 version from the installed applications list.
- Once you find the Sage 50 application, right-click on it and choose the Uninstall option.
- After this, you have to get the latest version of Sage 50 software on your system.
- Move to the download folder and double-tap on the downloaded setup file of the Sage application.
- Select the Yes option to continue and tap on the Install option to initiate the installation process of Sage 50.
- Pick the appropriate language and then hit the Ok option.
- Give your consent by agreeing to the terms and conditions mentioned in the License Agreement.
- End the process by tapping on the Finish option.
Let’s Wrap it Up!!
Here, we sum up this post. We hope that this post contains enough information necessary to fix the “Sage 50 Cannot be started” error. However, if you find any discrepancies while implementing these solutions, feel free to connect with our experts. Our experts are ready to guide you with the best working solutions to resolve the issue permanently. You may consult with our experts through email or live chat.
Sometimes, the users might strike a Sage Not Responding issue due to a frozen window. Also, it might appear when the background processes are running in the background. However, to resolve the issue, relaunch your system. Thus, this will allow the users to access the software and run the processes.
For instance, if the user might see Sage not opening or hanging upon a gray screen after clicking on its icon, it means the issue is associated with a recent Microsoft Windows Update. After this, right-click the Sage 50 icon from the desktop. Then, click on the Properties option, followed by the Compatibility tab.
Below we have listed some common solutions to deal with the Sage 50 cannot be started error.
1. You can get the error while using Sage on the network and workstation but not on the server.
2. To fix the issue, you must relaunch your Windows Firewall on your workstation.
3. Try opening the program using a different computer or signing into your account.