When we discuss tax preparation software, TurboTax comes at the top of the list; it is one of the best software used by people in the USA. The software gives you the freedom to e-filing your tax return from anywhere. Its features are enhanced day by day with new and latest designs, bug-free user interface, etc. However, sometimes the users may face errors while using the software, like Error 42016.
This error can create issues for you by decreasing your device’s speed, or you may lose files from your device as well. Thus, it is always advised to resolve this error as soon as possible. To Fix TurboTax Error 42016, you can follow this blog and find easy methods to troubleshoot it.
Also Read: TurboTax Error 42015
What is TurboTax Error code 42016?
TurboTax error 42016 happens in our device when the TurboTax software crashes or fails at the time of running. It is a run-time error. The error doesn’t mean that your code was corrupted in any way; however, it may stop working at its run time.
The error 42016 TurboTax will appear on your screen until it is corrected properly.
Now, let’s try to understand more about it by reading about its symptoms, causes, and solutions.
Symptoms of TurboTax Error 42016
When Error TurboTax 42016 takes place on your website, there will be no warning, as it is a run-time error. The error message will appear on your screen anytime while using the software, and it can be a repetitive thing.
The main symptoms of error 42016 are mentioned below:
- Your system crashes while you are using the software.
- The device responds slowly now.
- Your system starts freezing on its own.
- And your TurboTax software gets shut down by itself without any previous warning.
Also Read: TurboTax Form 2210 Error
Causes of TurboTax Error 42016
There can be various reasons behind TurboTax error 42016 in your system. Its causes are almost similar to TurboTax error 2318 & error 42015, and if not designed and tested in a proper way, these errors can take place during run-time in your system.
The causes of TurboTax error 42016 are mentioned below; you can go through it and check if any of them matches your device.
- TurboTax software is not installed properly, or even if it is downloaded, the file is corrupted.
- The space in your device is not sufficient, or a bad graphics driver can also create major issues.
- The presence of viruses in your system.
- At times, you face this error, also because of a Poor Internet connection.
The error must be identified and resolved as soon as possible, and follow the given troubleshoots to get a rapid solution.
How to Fix TurboTax Error 42016?
To fix TurboTax Error 42016, you can follow these methods:
1.Shut Down all the Conflicting Programs
Suppose you receive a run-time error; then the first thing you need to do is close all the conflicting programs available on your device. And to do so, you can follow the given steps:
1. Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, at the same time. This will show you the list of all the running programs.
2. Now, you have to reach the Processes tab and stop all the other programs that are running.
3. Select each program one by one and then hit the End Process button.
4. Then you have to check for any kind of error message reoccurrence whenever you stop a process.
By following this, you will find the program that is creating the error, then go to the next step and reinstall the application now.
Also Read: TurboTax Error 190
2. Update the latest version of the Virus Protection Program or Update your Window.
The presence of an infected virus can also create errors like 42016 TurboTax; these run-time errors can be removed by scanning your device completely. Thus update your virus protection program frequently to eliminate these errors.
At times users also face this issue due to the presence of an older version of the software in their device, so you have to do a regular check if a new windows update is available and update your system for better functioning of the software and your system.
3. Uninstall & Install the Run-Time Libraries Again.
TurboTax Error code 42016 can also occur in your device due to incomplete installation of some specific package. If you are facing the error, it is always advised to uninstall the current package that your system has and try to go for the installation again. To do so:
1. Open Program & features
2. Then look for your package there
3. Then uninstall it and reboot your system.
4. Now, for reinstallation, download and install the latest redistributable package.
Also Read: How to Upgrade TurboTax
4. Check your Graphic Driver and Reinstall it.
Suppose the error you are facing is due to your graphic card; then you can follow these steps to reinstall it:
1. Initially, go to your Device Manager and look for a graphics driver.
2. Then, you have to right-click on the video card driver and hit the uninstall option.
3. Now, you have to reboot your system and install the graphics driver again.
5. Error due to Internet Explorer
Initially verify if the error you are facing is due to internet explorer, then follow these steps to eliminate it:
- Reset your Web Browser
- If you are a Windows 7 user, then
- Hit the Start option
- Then reach the Control Panel.
- Now hit the Internet Options present on the left-hand side of your screen.
- After that, hit on the ‘Advanced’ tab, and at last, hit the Reset Options.
- If you are a windows 8 & 10 user, then,
- Hit on Search, then enter Internet Options.
- Now, go to the ‘Advanced’ tab, and hit the reset button.
- Now open the Advanced tab, and look for the Disable script debugging option.
- Then, Check mark that option.
- After that, un-check the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” option at that time.
- At last, hit the apply and OK to restart your system.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
Steps to Fix TurboTax Error 42016 on Windows 10
If you are facing TurboTax Error 42016 on your Windows 10, then follow these steps:
- Initially, go to the start menu and then reach the Programs and Features options.
- Then look for the software that is connected to “Insert File Name.”
- Now, select Change/Uninstall.
- After that, in front of you, a pop-up will appear with the uninstallation option; hit the Okay option there, followed by the Next.
- At last, reboot your system and install the software again.
Note 1: To fix the error code 42016 TurboTax on android or iPhone, look for the latest update of your OS; if available, then update your device to the latest version; after that, uninstall the TurboTax software and reinstall it again.
This will help you in working smoothly on TurboTax software without any errors.
Also Read: How to Change Email on TurboTax
These are a few steps you can follow to eliminate TurboTax error 42016 for various operating systems. However, if your problem is still not resolved, you can contact our TurboTax experts at +1 855 706 0905 Feel free to get in touch as we are available 24*7 to offer you our help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I fix a TurboTax Error 42016?
A. If you have ever used TurboTax Online, then log in to your TurboTax account there and choose the “Amend a return that was filed and accepted.” option, and if you are a user of TurboTax CD/download product, then sign in to your account return and choose “Amend a filed return.”
Note: You should file a different Form (1040-X)for every tax return you are modifying.
Q2. Why is my TurboTax service code not working?
A. If you have provided an incorrect license code, it will not work properly to activate the TurboTax software.
Thus, check your license code twice before submitting.
Important: License codes are not case-sensitive.
Q3. How to fix TurboTax Error Code 42016 on my windows?
A. To fix and eliminate the TurboTax error 42016 on your Windows
1. Install the latest version of windows.
2. Verify your Internet Speed.
3. Retry to update your system by hitting the Check for the updates option in the Online menu in TurboTax.
Note: If you failed to update it, then retry or go with the manual process to update.
Q4. Why am I facing the TurboTax 42016 error?
A. There can be different causes behind your facing TurboTax error 42016, like:
• TurboTax setup file is not properly downloaded in your system.
• Infected viruses are available in your system.
• Your device has insufficient memory or a poor graphic driver.
• Your network Connection is Poor.