Sage 50 has excelled in delivering innovative tools and features to conduct accounting tasks more efficiently. But at times, users might have reported the Explorer.exe error in Sage 50 while opening the software. Also, it might appear when the background processes interrupts the Sage program to open on your device.
Consequently, users won’t be able to run the Sage 50 software, and thus it interrupts the overall business operations. Therefore, it is essential to cope with the issue soon. So, you must go through the entire blog and get detailed information to resolve the Explorer.exe error in Sage 50.
Are you finding it difficult to fix the Explorer.exe error in Sage 50 on your own? Dial +1 855 706 0905 and consult our experts to get a permanent solution for this issue within no time.
Root Triggers of Explorer.exe Error in Sage 50
If you are wondering why you got stuck with the Explorer.exe error in Sage 50, here’s an in-depth detail of all the causes that might lead to this issue.
- You might end up with this error when you don’t have enough user account access to open a program through a shortcut.
- Damage in the Registry key may also be responsible.
- Sometimes, it may occur when the background processes are running in the background. Thus, it obstructs the users from accessing the Sage 50 software.
- Corruption in the tax forms is also one of the reasons behind the occurrence of Explorer.exe error.
How can you Identify Explorer.exe Error in Sage 50?
It becomes easier and more convenient to fix Explorer.exe Error in Sage once you identify the symptoms. We have listed some of them below to let you know about all such identifications. Read the pointers listed below thoroughly to know more about the occurrence of the error.
- Whenever the user encounters the error, it might be reflected with an error message indicating, “The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have appropriate permissions”.
- On the occurrence of the error, you will receive a yellow-colored exclamation mark without including any text message on the screen.
- You may experience that your system starts performing sluggishly.
- The users might notice that their system starts freezing or begin to crash.
Also Read: Sage 300 Error 49153
Simple Methods to Resolve Explorer.exe Error in Sage 50
You now better understand the symptoms and root causes of the Explorer.exe error in Sage. Let’s move on to the troubleshooting section for a quick resolution.
Solution 1: Put an End to the Processes Running in the Background
Sometimes, the users might come across an Explorer.exe error in Sage when the background processes interrupt Sage from opening it on the device. Therefore, to resolve the issue, end the background processes. For that, you have to perform the steps given below in the same manner as written below to avoid further complications.
- Initially, press and simultaneously hold the Ctrl + Shift + Del keys on your keyboard.
- Doing so will shut down all the programs running in the background.
- After this, hover your cursor over the Task Manager option and then opt for the Processes tab.
- Now, you have to end all the tasks presently running by clicking on each one individually.
- Finally, hit the End Task option to conclude the entire process and verify if the error persists.
Solution 2: Assign Proper Restrictions to access files in Sage
Lack of permission to access the files or folders in Sage might lead to a File Explorer.exe error in Sage 50. To fix the issue, ensure that you have proper rights by performing the below steps.
- In the beginning, right-click on the shortcut and opt for Open File Location.
- After that, right-click on the Program and then choose the Properties option.
- Next, tap on the Security tab, followed by the Edit option. Then, choose the user.
- Now, checkmark the checkbox of Allow for all actions.
- Later on, move towards the Apply option and then hit on OK.
- Next, you have to resume the same process once again for the folder consisting of the main program. Thus, it also ensures that the user has complete access to the folder.
You will get permission to access all the files and functions required to run Sage 50 through a shortcut by performing the above-mentioned steps. Alternatively, you must also have the proper rights to make changes within the user account settings. If you need these permissions, you must contact your administrator.
In a Nutshell!!
After following simple-to-use troubleshooting methods, we assure you that you can easily resolve the Explorer.exe error in Sage 50. Contact our experts through a live chat facility if you still have any technical glitches or require additional information. Our experts will provide an instant solution in the shortest time applicable.