Wondering how to change email on TurboTax and looking for the perfect blog to do so? If that’s so, then you have arrived at the correct destination. This comprehensive post contains all the necessary information to change the email address.
At times, the users must change the email address of TurboTax if they need to remember the email id. Otherwise, they need to change it for security purposes to safeguard your data from getting into the wrong hands. Therefore, to make it easier, we have listed the step-by-step instructions so that you can easily change the email address.
Also Read: How to Upgrade TurboTax
Getting issues while trying to change email on TurboTax and need instant help? If that’s the scenario, dial +1 855 706 0905 and let the team handle it for you.
Learn how to change my email on the TurboTax Application
Sometimes, the question might arise in the user’s mind on how to change email on TurboTax. Therefore, to answer this question, we have provided you with the stepwise instructions for the same. Ensure that you follow the instructions in the same manner as written below to avoid further issues.
1. In the beginning, you have to log in to your TurboTax account using the correct login credentials.
2. After this, move your cursor to the lower left corner and click on the Intuit Account option.
3. As a result, it will take you to the Welcome! Screen. In this window, choose the highlighted Sign in & Security option.
4. Furthermore, choose the Email Address option and add the email address you want to link with your TurboTax account.
5. Then, enter the same email address mentioned above again to verify that you have added the correct email address. ‘
6. After entering the details, cross-check to avoid further issues.
7. Later, tap on the Save option to save the necessary changes, and click on the Ok option.
For instance, if you notice that you don’t have access to the TurboTax email address anymore and couldn’t sign in to the TurboTax. You must fill in the Account Recovery Request Submission form properly in that scenario.
Stepwise Instructions to Change TurboTax Login User ID
Before changing the TurboTax User ID, you are supposed to sign in to your TurboTax Online Account. For that, go through the stepwise instructions listed below.
1. Begin the process by signing into your TurboTax account.
2. From there, take your cursor to the left corner of the screen and then opt for the Intuit Account option.
3. Following this, move to the Manage your Account section and tap on the Sign In & Security option.
4. Now, you must choose either a User ID or password to make the desired changes.
5. Add the new details correctly within the required text fields.
6. Later on, ensure that you have saved all the information after adding the new user ID.
What should I do to Update my TurboTax Account Information?
Do you need to learn how to update your TurboTax account email, phone number, or password? If that’s the case, go through the steps listed below.
- Initially, you must log in to your TurboTax account with the correct login details.
- Soon after this, choose the Intuit Account from the menu, which is located above the Sign Out option.
- To update the User ID, password, or phone number, you must opt for the Sign In & Security option.
- If you wish to modify your name, date of birth, address, or occupation, click on Personal Info.
- To update your email address, you must complete the Account Recovery form.
To update your TurboTax Advantage account, go through the points listed below.
1. Firstly, you must log into your TurboTax Advantage Advantage account.
2. After signing into your TurboTax account, tap on the Billing and Shipping Info option to confirm or update your payment details. Also, it saves your billing address successfully.
3. Now, opt for the TurboTax Advantage to view, alter or remove the TurboTax product on order.
Stepwise Instructions To Change TurboTax Password
Sometimes, the users might need to change the TurboTax password for different reasons. One of the reasons may be that your TurboTax account is hacked, and your personal information is at stake. Another reason is that you have shared your TurboTax account password with the person who might help you file the tax return.
If you are searching for the stepwise instructions to change the TurboTax password, then implement the below listed steps closely.
1. Initially, you have to visit the Account Recovery Page of TurboTax.
2. Afterwards, add any one of the following details:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- User ID
3. Now, you have to implement the steps according to the on-screen instructions. As a result, TurboTax will modify them as per the information provided. Also, they will check whether they can recognize the device.
4. Once you are done, you will get the code to recover your TurboTax account. Otherwise, they will provide you with the attached list of accounts according to the information.
5. Furthermore, if you still cannot restore the account, tap on the “Verify my account a different way” option from the Accounts Recovery Page. You might be prompted with additional questions so they can verify your identity successfully.
Steps to Change TurboTax Password in Mobile Application
The steps to change TurboTax Password in the mobile application may vary; go through the following points listed below.
- In the beginning, launch the TurboTax mobile application on your device.
- After this, you must enter your email address, User ID, and password. Then, click on the highlighted Sign In tab and move ahead.
- Consequently, you will obtain the verification code if you have added the mobile number or email address. Further, you have to enter the verification code in the required text field.
- Following this, you have to opt for the User ID using which you want to login into your TurboTax account.
- Furthermore, opt for the “Sign in a different way” and then move to the next step.
- Subsequently, you will get the options according to the information provided by the TurboTax software. You may recover your account without a password if you can receive the verification code on your registered email address.
- For instance, if you are facing issues while accessing the email address or phone number linked to your account. In that instance, you have to choose the “Verify a different way” option. As a result, it will take you to the Accounts Recovery Request tool, where you can reset your password.
So this has been all about how to change email on TurboTax. We hope you now have access to your email account. Thus, you can now easily use the TurboTax account for filing the tax return. However, if you still have doubts, consult our experts to obtain the best possible assistance. You can use the email or live chat facility to connect with our experts.
After creating the TurboTax account, you cannot delete it; all you can do is deactivate the account you don’t wish to use any longer. However, if you want to remove any data you have added to the program, you can utilize the Clear and Start Over features.
To remove the data from TurboTax, follow the points below.
• Open the preferable web browser and type “accounts.intuit.com” within the address bar.
• Then, reach the bottom and click on data & Privacy to delete your Intuit data.
• Further, click on Continue and follow the on-screen instructions to end the process.
Firstly, open your web browser and then access the official website of TurboTax. After this, take your cursor to the “create a new account” option and then click on it. Later, go through the instructions on the screen and add details like email address, user ID, phone number, and password.