Sage 50 error code 1406 is a faulty situation in the program that can take place when installing the application on your device. When the error occurs, you will get a warning message for the same depicting the error. The error message text reads:
Error 1406: Could not write Instance Index to key.
Sage 50 error 1406 can take place due to insufficient access permissions required to access the crucial areas during the installation process. The partial or damaged installation of the program can prevent you from a smooth utilization of the Sage 50 application. Therefore, troubleshooting for the error code 1406 in Sage becomes the highest priority task. Read until the end to find stress-free troubleshooting procedures.
Also Read: Sage Chat Support
Possible Reasons behind Sage Error Code 1406
Below is the list of the most apparent reasons that can make you see error code 1406 on your screen when working with the Sage software:
- Erroneous File Manager’s settings can also promote the error.
- When you shut down your system in an improper manner.
- Corrupt download or partial installation of the McAfee antivirus program.
- Installation/uninstallation of a corrupt Windows registry from the updated version of McAfee antivirus.
- Malicious attacks from a virus or malware to your McAfee antivirus program and the related programs.
Also Read – How to Tackle Sage 50 Not Responding Error?
How to Fix Error 1406 in Sage 50 Software?
Below are the step-by-step solutions explained that can help you in troubleshooting the Sage 50 error 1406:
Solution 1: Run the program as an administrator
The application running process is important for all the programs. To resolve the issue caused due to these reasons, perform the below-given steps:
- Click the .exe file on the application.
- Next, click on the option Run as administrator.
If this simple solution doesn’t resolve the issue, try the next one.
Solution 2: Perform a clean boot
Re-installing the software after a clean boot can also resolve the issue. The below-given instructions can help you to get the task accomplished:
Steps for Windows XP, Vista, and 7 users
- Open your system using the Administrator rights.
- Now click Start and enter msconfig.exe in the Search Box.
- Click Enter to proceed further.
- Next, click the General tab and go to the Selective startup option.
- Hit the option to clear the Load startup items.
- Again, hit the Services tab and then click the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Click Disable > OK > Restart to finish the task.
Steps for Windows 8 and 8.1 users
- In the Windows Search bar, enter msconfig and then click on msconfig.
- Now click the General tab and then on the Selective startup option.
- Moving ahead, click on delete the Load startup items options.
- Next, you have to click the Services tab and then hit on the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Again, click on Disable all.
- After that, click on the Startup tab in task manager and then Each Startup item.
- Click Disable.
- Once done, close Task Manager in the System Configuration dialog box.
- Click OK > Restart to conclude the task and then re-install the software.
These steps can make the program work smoothly. If not, you have to perform an additional solution to it.
Solution 3: Give full permission to the software
If you are still struggling with the Sage 50 error 1406, then enable full permission to your accounting software. In the absence of full permission, it is not able to complete the configuration. Follow the below-given steps to provide the full permission:
- Open the Windows Search bar, type Regedit in the box, and then click enter.
- Now open the Registry Editor and find the location in the error status bar.
- When the error location is determined, click on the open folder from the left pane and again click on Permission.
- Next, you have to choose the Administrators group and mark the Allow Checkbox located against Full Control.
- Moving ahead, choose the System group and make sure that Full Control is considered under the Allow column.
- Now in the permission dialogue box, hit Advanced.
- After that, click on the Owner tab and choose the Administrators group.
- Again, choose the Replace Owner on Sub Containers and Objects and hit OK.
- Now move to click the Permission tab.
- Choose the option Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object and click OK.
- Terminate all the active Windows and re-install the application.
- If the Sage error code 1406 is not fixed, perform a system reboot and re-install the application.
Try the next method if the error still hinders your business accounting process.
Solution 4: Try out Fix it trouble-shooter
Fix it is an effective troubleshooting application designed by Microsoft. It resolved many common issues automatically that can make the system prone to a software error. In the first place, you need to download the tool from a legit source. Once installed, click the Run now option and it will automatically resolve the issues promoting Sage 50 error 1406. After that, you can install the application without error. If you need any assistance for sage, give us a call on our helpline number.
There are multi-faceted installation issues in the Sage 50 application that can crop up when installing the program. Different error codes depict a different situation and can be resulted due to different possible reasons. Some of the common installation error codes in Sage 50 are:
• Sage Installation Error 1101
• Error 1304 in Sage 50
• Sage Error 1308 when installing the program.
• Sage installation error code 1324
• Sage installation error message 1325
Prevention is better than cure, and the same applies to the error code 1406 when applying the Sage application. Keeping a few important considerations in your mind can help you in keeping installation errors at bay. Start the procedure with full access permissions and make sure that the system requirements are fulfilled before getting started.
When the error occurs, you can identify it by keeping an eye on the following signs:
• An error message will show up on your screen depicting an erroneous condition.
• You will not be able to get the Sage 50 installation done on your device.
• The system will start to freeze, hang, or lag after the arrival of Sage 50 error code 1406.
If you are trying to fix Sage 50 error 1406 and facing issue, get help from our experienced professionals for smooth error resolution. Explain your difficulties, and based on the description, they will guide you with the most relevant solutions. Besides, you can get all your queries resolved by chatting with experts.