Are you getting an issue while install TurboTax on Mac? This comprehensive post is the right place that covers all the simple steps to do the same. TurboTax is the most preferred tax filing and preparation software that makes the tax computation and filing process much easier.
Moreover, the TurboTax software is compatible with Mac devices also. After completing the installation process of the application, you can file state or federal taxes easily. For further details regarding installing TurboTax on Mac, stay tuned to this post until the end.
Facing difficulty while installing TurboTax on Mac and need instant help? Dial @ +1 855 706 0905 and talk to our experts to clarify all your doubts within no time.
Points You Must Consider Before Installing TurboTax On Mac
The users must consider the following points in mind before they move towards the installation of TurboTax on Mac.
- You must ensure that you are using a stable and good internet connection.
- Before installing the TurboTax on a Mac device, you must verify whether your system is compatible to run the software.
- Avoid switching to any other window until the installation process gets completed to avoid further discrepancies.
- You must have a License Code handy to install the TurboTax software on your device easily.
How can you Find TurboTax for Mac Software Download?
If you have recently downloaded TurboTax on your Mac software, search for the icon on your desktop. Alternatively, you can also look for your downloaded setup file by the file name, which is as follows:
- For TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home Business Edition, you must look for the “m_turbotax”.
- TurboTax State program users must look for the “m_[state]” and then change the [state] with the state’s name.
Here’s how to install TurboTax on Mac with CD Drive
Follow the stepwise instructions listed below to complete the installation of TurboTax on Mac devices.
- Firstly, you must insert the CD Drive into your Mac’s CD/DVD. Alternatively, you can tap on the “.dmg” file of TurboTax twice to open the downloaded setup file on your system.
- Go through the instructions in the pop-up window to drag the TurboTax check icon to the “Applications” folder.
Note: Dragging the TurboTax to the Application folder is not required as it is already on your Mac device. Instead, you must move it to the Application folder in the pop-up window.
3. Once you reach the “Your product is installed, now let’s activate it” screen, you must add the license code. Eventually, hit the Continue option to complete the installation procedure of TurboTax on Mac.
Note: License Code consists of a 16-character combination of letters and numbers. You might get this code either on the CD box envelope or packaging slip. Otherwise, you might acquire the code in the Order Confirmation Email or your Order History.
Here’s How to Install TurboTax on Mac without a CD drive
If you have purchased the TurboTax software online and don’t have a CD to install the software. In that scenario, you must follow the procedure discussed below to install the software on your system.
For that, you have to visit the official website of TurboTax and then download the most recent version of the software. Then, install the software by performing the following steps:
- Before starting the process, make sure you have shut down all open applications on your system.
- Moreover, you also have to disable the Mac security software. This is so that you can seamlessly install the software on the Mac system.
- After this, reach the official website of TurboTax using your preferred web browser.
- You are supposed to pick the correct TurboTax edition from the available list of options.
- Once you have chosen your TurboTax edition, tap on the Download button to install the software on your device.
- In the end, to install the TurboTax on your Mac device without CD or DVD Drive, access the downloaded file. Then, you can open the TurboTax Setup file easily on your system.
Also Read: How to Change Email on TurboTax
Stepwise Instructions to Install TurboTax on MacBook Pro
- In the first step, carefully put the installation CD within your MacBook Pro optical drive.
- Soon after this, you have to wait for some time until the installation of the CD automatically reads.
- You can also do the TurboTax setup by launching the application files on the TurboTax CD.
- Thereafter, go through the on-screen prompts closely to accomplish the installation of TurboTax on Mac devices.
- Once the process is over, tap on Finish and relaunch your system.
- Finally, you can now begin submitting your taxes according to your convenience by accessing the TurboTax application.
What should you do when TurboTax is not Installing on Mac?
If you are also the one who is witnessing TurboTax is not installing on Mac, then don’t panic. Instead, perform the below-listed troubleshooting steps to overcome the issue instantly.
1. The users must verify whether their system can access the TurboTax on their Mac device. Below we have mentioned the system specifications; go through them.
- Operating System: You must verify that your Mac operating system works on the macOS Catalina 10.15 or later for the 2021 edition. For the edition 2020, macOS Mojave 10.14 or later, 2019 edition, macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later. Also, it supports the operating system of 2018 Edition macOS X v10.2 or later having 64-bit.
- Processor: The users must check that their Mac operating system must have a multi-core Intel processor with 64-bit space required.
- Hard Disk Space:- Your system must have 1 GB of hard disk space to install the 2019-2021 edition of the software. Whereas, to install the 2018 Edition of the TurboTax software on your system, the hard disk space must be 650 MB.
- RAM:- Moreover, your system must contain a minimum of 2GB of RAM to run the software smoothly on your device.
- CD/DVD:- One must have a CD/DVD of the TurboTax software to install the application properly.
- Internet Connection:- It has been advised that you must have 1 Mbps of the modem and be well-connected with a stable internet connection. Good network connectivity is required for product activation, software updates, and utilizing online features.
- Screen Resolution:- It has been advised that the screen resolution must be 1024 X 768 or higher than this.
- Mac-supported Printer:- You must ensure that the printer is compatible with your Mac device to print your tax returns.
2. You must ensure you log in to your TurboTax account with the proper administrator rights.
3. Before inserting the CD, you must look for any visible damage. If you find any damage to the CD, you can claim a replacement.
4. Try disabling file sharing. You have to move to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Sharing. Then, unmark all the options below the Services tab. Doing so, will end the process of sharing the files and thus helps resolve the issue.
We hope that you find this post worth reading and that it helps you install TurboTax on Mac devices easily. However, if you still have any inconvenience while installing the application, consult our experts. You can have a one-to-one conversation with our experts through email or live chat. Once you reach the experts, they will guide you in the best possible manner within the least time applicable.
To get the TurboTax downloaded on your Mac device, follow the steps.
1. Initially, access the main website of TurboTax and click Create Account option.
2. Add the License Code in the next screen and then pick your operating system.
3. Then, choose the Get Download option to initiate the downloading.
To initiate the process:
1. Open the return in the TurboTax software.
2. Choose the TurboTax option followed by the Download State.
3. In the next screen, choose your state and then click Next.
4. After this, go through the on-screen directions to finish the installation.
Yes, the users can install the TurboTax software on multiple computers. You can get the TurboTax subscription installed and activated on up to 5 devices.