At times, the users might encounter QuickBooks has Stopped Working issue while launching this accounting software. Wondering why it happened? The users might confront this issue due to a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file. Also, it might be caused due damage to the Windows operating system. Every time the error pops up, it comes up with any one of these following error messages stating:
“A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.”
“Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.”
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
However, if you are also experiencing this error, then fix it immediately using the correct troubleshooting methods. This explanatory guide contains all the essential facts that are required to terminate the error.
Don’t want to put your accounting data at risk and need professional help to fix QuickBooks has stopped working issue? If that’s so simply dial +1 855 706 0905. and connect with our professionals to wipe out the issue instantly.
Factors That Give Rise To The QuickBooks Won’t Open Problem
Have you stumbled upon QuickBooks has stopped working error while launching the QuickBooks Desktop application? Or you just only experience that the program is frozen and it doesn’t display any error message. Well, if that’s so then, this error might arise due to plenty of other reasons. Below we have elaborated on all such reasons; check them out.
- The name of the company file includes the characters that are actually required.
- Another reason may be corruption on your hard drive.
- You may experience that the program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation might be damaged.
- Damage in the Windows operating system is one of the reasons that may be responsible for this issue.
Facts You Must Know Before Fixing QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Issue
- Verify that you have installed the most recently launched updates of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Also, you must check that the company file name consists of 35 characters, including spaces.
- Always, ensure that you use the proper admin credentials on Windows to sign in to your account.
- You must re-install QuickBooks by using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Moreover, test that the antivirus application installed into your device is switched off.
What Should Be Done to Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Problems?
Here, we have explained some of the user-friendly and simple tricks you can easily tackle the QuickBooks won’t open problems.
Process No 1: Utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Fix the Installation Issues
- Before initiating the process, ensure you have downloaded the upgraded version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After this, follow the instructions visible on the screen for the successful installation of the Tool Hub.
- Once you have successfully installed the application, open it by double-clicking on its respective icon from the desktop.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, opt for the highlighted Program Installation Issues tab followed by QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Depending upon the working of your system, it may take approximately 25 minutes to repair the installation file.
- Once the tool finishes repairing, relaunch Windows and launch QuickBooks again.
Process No 2: Run a Scan On Bad Sectors Of the Hard Disk and Fix Them
Bad sectors on your hard drive are one of the major reasons that might affect the performance of the applications running on the Windows operating system.
- To begin the process, launch the Windows File Manager on your device. The shortcut key to open it is Windows + E key, then right-click on the C: drive.
- After this, move to the Properties tab and beneath the Tools tab, click on the highlighted Check Now button.
- Subsequently, ensure that you have checked the boxes next to the “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” options.
- In the end, tap on the Start button and wait until Windows completes the scanning and repairing process.
Also Read: QuickBooks Desktop 2023 System Requirements
Process No 3: Make the necessary Changes Within the QBWUSER.INI File Name
The QBWUSER.INI is a QuickBooks program file containing all the relevant product registration information. However, if you encounter damage in that file, the users might run into QuickBooks won’t open issues. Therefore, to repair the QBWUSER.INI file, you must attentively implement the instructions written below.
- Initially, launch the Windows File Manager and then move to the following location i.e., Users > Users Name > AppData > Local > Intuit > QuickBooks. Then, you have to look for the file named QBWUSER.INI file and then proceed further.
- If the file isn’t visible to you, tap on the Folder and Search options located beneath the Organize tab present at the top-left corner of the window.
- Head toward the View tab and mark the checkbox next to the “Show hidden files, folders or drives” option.
- Afterwards, tap on the Apply button and then the OK option.
- Now, right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and opt for the Rename option.
- Then, give a new name to your file by adding “.OLD” at the end of the file name.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks and verify whether the issue persists.
Hope that this post will be enough to guide you on how to resolve QuickBooks has stopped working problems. If the error still exists, verify your internet network connection and if you detect any issue, fix it right there. Moreover, you can also get help from our QuickBooks experts through the mail or live chat. Our experts won’t disappoint you and will assist you with verified solutions to the problem.