Are you facing the TurboTax not working issue? TurboTax is one of the best taxation software in the United States. This taxation software helps citizens in filing a state or federal tax. By providing great services and updates, it has created a huge buzz among the citizens of the United States and Canada. Citizens can easily file taxes through the TurboTax official website or desktop software.
Despite holding the #1 position in the taxation products, TurboTax users are facing many issues while working on the software, and TurboTax not working is one of the common errors. If you also face the TurboTax not working issue, you are at the right place. This blog post will cover the issue in-depth and the solutions you can follow to resolve the error. So, stay tuned and be glued to the blog post till the end.
Read Also: TurboTax Error 190
Why TurboTax Not Working Error Arises?
Facing issues while filing taxes can be frustrating, especially when you file taxes on deadlines. However, identifying the possible cause and working on it can help you to resolve this issue.
So, here is the list of the possible reasons due to why the TurboTax not working issue may arise.
- Damaged or corrupted windows files.
- Insufficient storage space.
- An expired subscription to the TurboTax software can also be a reason why a user may face a TurboTax not working error.
- Windows registry keys are damaged or corrupted.
- Background running antivirus software is creating hindrances for users in launching the software.
- A manufacturing fault in your PC can also be a strong reason for the TurboTax not working issue.
Once you are cleared with all possible reasons why a user may encounter the TurboTax not working issue, let’s start learning how to fix the TurboTax not working error.
How to Fix TurboTax Not Working Error on Windows 10?
Are you facing the TurboTax not working error on Windows 10? If yes, then here are the steps that you can perform to eliminate the error:
- Check your device’s internet connection, and ensure the signals are strong.
- Avoid filing the tax during peak hours. Instead, you can fill the tax in advance by one to two months to avoid the end-time rush.
- Delete the browser’s history and cache.
- Clear all the pending processes and background running applications on your PC.
- Delete unused applications and unwanted files from your device.
- Add TurboTax to the antivirus software exception list.
- Download the new windows update on your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Delete and re-install the taxation software.
TurboTax Not Working Issue on Google Chrome
If you are using the Google Chrome web browser as a default browser, and if you have not deleted the browser’s history and cache for a long time, the users may find it difficult to access the TurboTax software.
In that scenario, deleting the browser’s history and cache can help you to resolve the error. Here are the steps that you can follow to get the same done.
- First of all, launch the Google Chrome web browser on your device.
- Now, you have to click on the three dots, which are available at the top right side of the screen.
- Under the drop-down list, you have to select the settings option.
- After that, you have to click on the “Privacy and Security” option available on the left side of the screen.
- Thereon, you have to select the “Privacy and Security” tab, and then click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- You must change the time range to “All Time” and checkmark all the boxes.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
Once you have deleted the browser’s history and cache, try to access the TurboTax software on the Google Chrome browser. Hopefully, the steps mentioned above will help you to resolve the issue.
Fix TurboTax Not Working Issue on Windows 7
If there is an issue with the TurboTax installer on your PC, you may encounter the TurboTax not working issue on windows 7. The most effective way to deal with the TurboTax not working is to allow administrative rights to the TurboTax setup file.
So, here are the steps that you can follow to allow administrative access to the TurboTax setup.exe file to resolve the TurboTax not working error on Windows 7.
- Firstly, navigate to the location where you have saved the TurboTax setup file on your device.
- Thereon, right-click on the setup file and then click on the “Properties” option.
- Under the properties window, you have to checkmark the box available next to the “Run this software as an Administrator” option.
- After that, checkmark the box next to the “Run this Program in Compatibility” mode option.
- Once you complete the above steps, you must ensure you are using the latest Windows version.
- Theron, double-click on the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your PC.
At last, verify if the above steps have helped you to resolve the TurboTax not working issue on Windows 7 or not.
A Guide to Resolve TurboTax Not Working Error on iPhone
Are you using your iPhone device to fill the state or federal taxes through TurboTax? If yes, and you are facing the TurboTax not working issue, below are the troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve the error.
- First of all, open the settings application on your iPhone device.
- Thereon, navigate to the list of applications installed on your device.
- Moving ahead, search for the TurboTax application, and uninstall the application from the device.
- After deleting the application, then download the application again.
- Also, you must make sure that you are using an updated version of the TurboTax application.
- Apart from this, ensure that you follow the correct steps to log in to your TurboTax subscription account.
TurboTax Not Working Issue on iPad
Given below are the steps that you can carry out to fix TurboTax not working on iPad devices:
- Ensure your iPad is connected with a strong and stable internet connection.
- Update the TurboTax application to the latest release on your iPad.
- Delete the browser’s history and cache.
- Delete unused applications from your device.
- Try filing the state or federal taxes during off-peak hours, i.e., mid-January or April.
Read Also: How to Change my TurboTax Password
TurboTax Won’t Work on Mac
The main advantage of using TurboTax software is that it allows citizens to access their accounts from any account. Although, some users face problems accessing the TurboTax account on Mac devices. So, here are the steps that you can follow to resolve the TurboTax not working error on a Mac device.
- First of all, insert the TurboTax installation CD on your Mac device.
- You must click on the “Show in Folder” option.
- After opening the folder, you must select the required TurboTax version and right-click on it.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on the “Open” option, and then the installation process will commence on your screen.
- As the installation process of TurboTax software is finished, you can use it to fill the federal or state taxes.
By carrying out the steps mentioned above, you can easily eliminate the TurboTax not working on a Mac.
As demonstrated above, we have covered all the aspects and solutions you can follow to eliminate the TurboTax not working error on various devices. In case if you have any query or issue related to the TurboTax taxation software, then you can reach out to us via chat box.
If you cannot update the TurboTax software to the latest release, then it might indicate an issue with the PC’s settings. Apart from this, the antivirus software can also be a reason you may face updating errors in TurboTax.
As you file the tax, your file return is sent to the IRS on the same day. It usually takes around 7 to 10 days to refund your tax, which may take up to three weeks.
TurboTax subscription is only valid for one specific year. Each year, Intuit releases a new product with the latest features and technology, and you must purchase it to file the taxes.