With the advancement of technology and user requirements, Intuit has released several upgrades and patches to enhance your accounting experience. If you might have witnessed that you are encountering issues while using the current version of QB, then you must upgrade it to the newly released version.
For instance, if you are presently using QuickBooks 2019 it will be discontinued after May 31, 2022. In that scenario, the users need to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022. You must read this post thoroughly if you are searching for the proper instructions for QuickBooks Desktop 2022 Upgrade.
Are you looking for immediate help to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022? Give us a call @ +1 855 706 0905 and get your issue fixed within no time.
Also Read: Sage 50 2021 Download
What are the Benefits of Upgrading QuickBooks 2019 to 2022?
QuickBooks launches several updates and the latest security patches so that you can get access to top-notch accounting features. However, users can take multiple other benefits by upgrading QuickBooks 2019 to 2022. To get you aware of all such advantages of upgrading the software, go through the points listed below thoroughly.
1. To receive the money, you can schedule your bill payments within QBDT via debit cards and credit cards.
2. The best part about upgrading QuickBooks 2019 to the 2022 version is that it provides an unlimited customer service facility. Also, you can get a data recovery facility without charging any additional cost.
3. You can easily obtain the time payments without giving your clients and customers the payment link.
4. Moreover, you may also receive cash instantly whenever the client pays you without any further delays.
5. It also provides you with an option using which you can upload documents to transmit directly via the QuickBooks Desktop mobile application.
6. By upgrading QuickBooks 2019 to 2022, the bill approval process has become much easier to manage the cash flow statement.
7. You can also access the latest options for ease of landed cost calculation and collapsible tabs.
8. Moreover, you can also get an insight into the real-time visibility of the cash flow statement.
Also Read: ABS PDF Install
Minimum System Requirements to Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 Edition
Before upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop, ensure that your system must fulfill the minimum system requirements. This will enable you to run the application seamlessly on your device. Below we have specified the system specifications, have a glimpse at it:
- Operating Systems:-You must ensure that your system must work on the following Windows operating systems, which are as follows:
- Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1 have 64-bit storage space.
- Windows Server 2019, 2016 of the Standard and Essentials Editions.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 for the Standard and Essentials Editions.
- Internet Connection:- It also requires a stable and high-speed internet connection to run the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 smoothly on your system. Also, ensure that you are using the most updated Internet Explorer version i.e, 11 with 32 bits of storage space.
- RAM:- Verify that your Windows system must have a minimum of 8GB of RAM. Despite this, a minimum of 16 GB RAM must be available on your system to run the software smoothly. Also, verify that up to 8 GB RAM is available for 1-5 users, 12 GB for 10 users, 16 GB for 15 users, and 20 + GB for 20 Users.
- Hard Disk Space:- The hard disk space to run the application seamlessly must be 2.5 GB.
- Screen Resolution:- The screen specification must be 1280 X 1024 or higher than up to 2 extended monitors.
- Antivirus Software:- It works perfectly with antivirus software such as Mcafee, Avast, Bitdefender, Webroot, Avira, Kaspersky, etc.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
How to Create a Backup of Your QuickBooks Desktop Company file?
Before you head towards the upgrade process of QuickBooks Desktop, it is necessary to generate a backup of your company file. This will help you create a duplicate copy of your data file. This is so that you can use the backup file in case of data loss or damage. To generate the backup of the QBDT company file, go through the stepwise instructions listed below.
1. In the initial stage, open QuickBooks 2019 on your system.
2. Soon after this, move to the File menu present at the upper left corner of the tab.
3. Now, you have to explore the Backup Company using the cursor.
4. Thereafter, while entering into the Backup Company tab, choose the Create Local Backup option.
5. As a result, it will automatically generate the backup of the company file of QuickBooks 2019. Thus, now you can easily upgrade the data file without worrying about data loss or damage.
Also Read: Change TurboTax Password
Simple Procedure for Upgrading QuickBooks 2019 To 2022
Are you fed up with searching for the proper steps to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022? If yes, perform the steps below for the successful upgradation of the QuickBooks software.
1. Begin the process by installing the newly launched version of QuickBooks with the proper admin user rights.
2. Afterwards, create your company file, and then upgrade the data file for every company file that needs to be upgraded.
3. Soon after this, you need to open the QuickBooks version that you want to upgrade to the higher version available.
4. Now, press the F2 key on your keyboard to bring the Product Information Window on your computer screen. Look for your company file within the File Information section.
5. Next, have to upgrade your company file and also verify you have successfully signed out from the company file.
6. Open the QBDT on your system and move to the Open/Restore company, followed by the Open a Company File option.
7. Make sure you have signed into your QuickBooks company file with the proper admin rights.
8. Further, opt for the Update Now option, which will begin the upgrade process.
9. Following this, tap on the Done option and then opt for the Update QuickBooks option.
How can I Migrate 2019 QuickBooks data to 2022 QuickBooks Desktop?
Once you have upgraded the QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 edition, you can easily migrate the data to the new edition available. To do so, you can either choose the export method or use the IIF files to export or import transactions in QBDT.
1. To begin the process, select the File button located at the top menu option.
2. Soon after this, move to the utility tab and then click on the Export option.
3. Once you have completed importing data to the newly launched version in QuickBooks i.e, 2022.
Also Read: How to Create a New Management Report in QuickBooks
The QuickBooks 2019 Edition will be discontinued soon, so it is the right time to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 Edition. We hope the above-listed instructions will help you upgrade the QBDT application to the newly launched version. However, if you want additional information regarding the updates, contact our experts. Use a live chat or email facility to reach out to our QuickBooks professionals and clear your doubts instantly.
The payroll services which will be hampered after discontinuation are Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll, payment processing, invoice. Also, it will affect the services like recurring payments, Worker’s Compensation Payment Service, and Workforce.
Nothing will be changed in your QuickBooks company file after the discontinuation of QuickBooks 2019. So, the users don’t have to take much stress about the data being affected or lost.
The users need to change the one-time message prompt settings to get the prompt for upgrading QuickBooks. To do so, move to the Edit menu > Preferences > General tab > My Preferences option. Choose the “Bring back all one-time messages and then click Ok. At last, close QB and re-open it to check if you see a prompt for an upgrade.