The most renowned accounting and bookkeeping software, QuickBooks, is used by millions of people every day. With its two versions, Desktop and Online, it is better and accessible to everyone. In addition to that, you can even run QuickBooks on Single-user mode or multi-user mode, depending on how many people want to work on one company file. However, this software to faces some issues at the time with both versions.
If you are also a QuickBooks Online user, then you must have faced some login issues. If this is so, and you are here looking for how to fix QuickBooks Online login problems on Chrome, then this post is for you. Here we will discuss the reasons and solutions for this problem.
What Are QuickBooks Online Login Problems on Chrome?
When you use Google Chrome to run QuickBooks Online, there is a chance that you face problems at the time of login. In fact, this can even happen when you put in your correct credentials. The error message appears in a red box stating, “Account Services Unavailable, please try back later.” This text can appear on your screen because of an issue with security.
This error can occur in other ways too. They are:
- The loading icon appears before you, but nothing actually works.
- Another problem could be because of Chrome. It might redirect you to the login window while you are working on the application.
- Lastly, you might also encounter an issue because of a lack of security.
- Also, the page can keep loading but won’t work.
What Caused QuickBooks Online Login Problems on Chrome?
QuickBooks Online Login Problems can occur because of a number of reasons. However, here is a list of the most noticed causes:
- Firstly, this can happen if another user is operating on the same account somewhere else.
- It can also occur if your Chrome acts out and bring you back to the login page.
- Additionally, if you forgot to log out or did it inappropriately of QuickBooks Online the last time
- An issue with the firewall settings can also be the source of this issue.
Read Also – How to Fix QuickBooks Not Responding?
Fix QuickBooks Online Login Problems on Chrome
Logging into your account is the very first step in managing your accounts on QuickBooks. If you face any problem here itself, it can be something to worry about. However, QuickBooks Online login problems are not major, and one can resolve them easily.
Here are some solutions that you can try to fix the problem:
Solution 1: Use Another Browser
If the root cause of your issue is because of your web browser, then solving Chrome issues has the simplest solution; just don’t use it. Instead of running your QuickBooks Online on Chrome, you can log into your account with Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari (For Mac).
Solution 2: Try Incognito mode
People who wish to use Chrome only can try using Incognito mode. In incognito mode, there are no cache files or search history that can create a hindrance in its operations. To open an incognito window, press Ctrl+Shift+N. You can also access the incognito mode with the help of the following steps:
- From the homepage of your Chrome, locate the Customize and Control icon.
- Once you find the option on the top right corner, click on that.
- Here, from the available list, select the New Incognito Window.
- Now, a new grey window will appear on your screen.
- Open and log in to QuickBooks from here now.
Solution 3: Clear Search History and Cache
If you do not want to use incognito mode, you can try and clear all the existing history.
- Open your web browser and click on the three vertical dots.
- You will find these at the top right corner, beside the search bar.
- On the Settings page, select the three vertical lines and click on Privacy and Security.
- From the available list of options, choose Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, make sure you have tick-marked all the available options in the pop-up window.
- Finally, hit the Clear Data button, and you are done.
Read Also – How to Add a New QuickBooks Online User?
Solution 4; Add New User to Chrome
If none of the aforementioned solutions for QuickBooks Online login problems work for you, create a new user account on Chrome and open QuickBooks Online with the same.
- To initiate the process, head to Google Chrome.
- Now, on the homepage, look for the user’s icon. It is located beside the Settings option in the top right corner.
- When you click on the same, you will find the ADD + option.
- Thereafter, Chrome will open a new window for you.
- Here, you can log into your other existing account or create a fresh account if you do not have one already.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks in the same window.
Solution 5: Change Chrome’s Privacy and Internet Security Settings
There is a possibility that the reason why you need to fix QuickBooks Online Login Problems on Chrome is because of a restriction from the privacy and internet security settings.
This is how you can make changes to the same:
- Open the Start menu on your desktop.
- Here, in the search bar, type Internet Options and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- You will enter a new window with internet settings options.
- Thereafter, go to the Security tab and select the Internet option.
- Now, you need to set the leveler to the Medium-High range.
- Finally, when you make the edits, hit the Apply button to save the changes.
Solution 6: Check the SSL Settings on your Browser
This is an advanced solution that you need to fix QuickBooks Online Login Problems on Chrome if none of the above works for you.
- Go to the Windows icon and search for Internet Options and wait for the pop-up window to open.
- Here, from the options available on the menu bar, select Advanced.
- Furthermore, you will find a long list of options. You need to look for SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- Select these options, and finally, hit OK.
Setting 7: Edit Additional Internet Privacy Settings
For the people who still haven’t resolved QuickBooks Online login problems, you now need to make some edits to the internet privacy settings.
- Once you have set the bar to medium-High, you need to let QuickBooks have access.
- To initiate the same, simultaneously press the Ctrl key and R key from your keyboard.
- This will take to you the Run dialog box.
- Here, in the given space, enter inetcpi.cpl and click OK.
- After that, go to the Advanced option from the menu bar and look for Security.
- Finally, unmark Do Not Save Encrypted Pages and save the settings.
QuickBooks is a human-made software and therefore faces issues too. Its online version usually creates problems while logging in. If you are also stuck with the same and want to know how to fix QuickBooks Online Login Problems on Chrome, you are at the right place. Here, you have jotted down 7 solutions for you. These can assist you and help you resolve the problem real quick.
In case none of these work for you or you get stuck somewhere in between, you can ask for our assistance. Dial our customer service number, XXX, and discuss your problems with us. You can also send an email at info@xyz, and our team will get back to you shortly.
1. Why does QuickBooks Online not run on Google Chrome?
If you use QuickBooks Online and are unable to operate it on Google Chrome, it can be because of the following reasons:
- In case you have cached or search history on your browser.
- This also happens if the same account is open in more than one system.
- Also, there is a chance that your firewall settings are interrupting the software.
- Another reason could be that you did not shut down the software last time you were working on it.
2. Suggest some solutions to fix QuickBooks Online Login Problems on Chrome?
You can try the following troubleshooting to fix QuickBooks Login Problems:
- Use Another Browser
- Open Google Chrome in Incognito Mode
- Clear Search History and Cache
- Add New User to Chrome
- Change Chrome’s Privacy and Internet Security Settings
- Check the SSL Settings on your Browser
- Edit Additional Internet Privacy Settings
3. How to Update Google Chrome to fix QuickBooks Online Login Problems?
In addition to all the other reasons behind QuickBooks Online, the login problem is that you are using an outdated version of Google Chrome. You can go along the following steps to get the latest version of the web browser:
- To initiate the process, open Google Chrome on your system.
- Now, besides the search bar, look for three vertical dots.
- Next, click on the same, and from the drop-down list, click on Help.
- Thereafter, head to the About Google Chrome window.
- Here, it will display if you have any updates available.
- In case you are already on the latest version, you will see ‘Google is up to date.’
4. Does QuickBooks Desktop also faces login problems?
Yes, QuickBooks Desktop, too faces login problems. However, it does have some other troubleshoots that can help you overcome the error.
5. How to clear cookies on Safari?
If you use QuickBooks Online on Safari and want to clear cookies, follow these steps:
- Open the web browser on your Mac.
- Now from the menu, click on Preferences, and from the available options, select Privacy.
- Thereafter, go to Manage Website Data, and in the given space, type Intuit.
- Next, press the Return key and hit Remove All.
- Finally, select Remove Now and finish the process by clicking Done.