QuickBooks being the number #1 accounting software, provides many unique features and advantages to small and medium-sized businesses. Although where QuickBooks has gained so much popularity by providing the best services, it still somehow, many users are facing errors while using the software. One of the common and most faced errors is QuickBooks error 80029c4a.
It’s quite normal to face any error in the accounting software. The question is, how to get this error fixed? In this blog post, we are going to provide you with a complete guide on how you can fix the QuickBooks error 80029c4a. So, stay tuned and read this informative blog till the last word.
What is QuickBooks Error 80089c4a?
The QuickBooks error 80089c4a is a run time error that generally arises when the user tries to open the QuickBooks company file. This error can also occur due to a damaged or corrupted company file, and there can be many reasons behind this error. Error code 80089c4a arises with a pop-up display message as:
“An unexpected error code occurred while trying to access the company file.”
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 80089c4a Arises?
Here is the list of the possible reasons why the QuickBooks error 80029c4a occurs.
- The QuickBooks company file may be damaged or corrupted.
- When the PC has been affected by the virus or malware software.
- QuickBooks components or the DLL files are damaged or missing from the PC.
- When the QuickBooks software has not been downloaded properly.
- Using the outdated version of the software or the windows version.
- The PC’s windows registry is damaged or corrupted.
- Background running antivirus software is disabling the software to connect with the server.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error 80089c4a?
Let’s look at the symptoms through which you can easily identify the QuickBooks error code 80089c4a.
- When your system is frequently hanging or freezing.
- A Pop-up display message on the screen displays the error code.
- When the system is not responding to the mouse and keyboard commands.
- The application suddenly gets closed.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80089c4a?
You can easily follow these quick solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a.
Solution 1. Restart your PC
The first recommended and easiest solution to resolving any technical error or glitches is to restart the PC. Restarting the PC closes all the background running applications and processes, which can help you increase the device’s performance speed.
- First of all, close all the background running applications on your device.
- Press the “Alt + F4” keys to open the windows shut down command.
- Then click on the drop-down arrow icon and select the “Restart” option.
- At last, on the bottom right side of the screen, click on the “Restart” option.
Also Read – How Do I Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Premier?
Solution 2. Download the Updates for QuickBooks desktop
Below are the steps you can follow to download the new updates for the QuickBooks desktop application.
- To begin this process, first of all, open the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Then, click on the “File” menu option available at the top left side of the screen.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Close Company or Log Off” option under the drop-down list.
- After that, select the file and click on the “Exit” option.
- At this stage, ensure you have logged in to your system with admin rights.
- Also, make sure that there is no company file on your PC.
- Now, click on the “Help” menu option, followed by a click on the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Then, under the “Update QuickBooks” window, click on the “Options” heading.
- After that, click on the “Mark All” option, followed by a click on the “Save” option.
- Then switch to the update now settings.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Reset Update” option, and subsequently, click on the “Get Updates” option.
- Now, the updating process will be commenced on your screen.
- Once the updating process ends, close all the background running windows and applications.
- Thereon, restart your system and launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
After following the steps mentioned above, open the QuickBooks desktop and check if the error is still occurring or has been resolved.
Solution 3. Conduct the Windows Repair on PC
Below are the steps you can follow to repair the windows PC.
- At first, exit the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Now, open the windows start menu and click on the “Control Panel” option.
- Under the control panel settings, click on the “Uninstall or Change” option.
- Now, from the list of the applications, click on the “QuickBooksXX” option, where the XX stands for the year version you are currently using.
- After that, click on the “Uninstall/ Change” program.
- Then click on the “Next” option.
- Select the “Repair Radio” option and click on the “Next” option.
- Again tap on the “Repair” option, followed by a click on the “next” option.
- Now, the repairing process will be commenced on your screen. Once the process ends, then click on the “Finish” option.
Once you are done with the above steps, restart your PC and launch the QuickBooks desktop application. Then, check if this method has helped you resolve the QuickBooks error 80029c4a or if it is still occurring.
Also Read – Easiest Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 15106
Solution 4. Run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat File
For using the QuickBooks reboot.bat file for resolving the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a, below are the steps you can follow to accomplish the process.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Now, navigate and open the file which you want to reboot.
- Then right, click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- After that, click on the “Properties” option, followed by a click on the “Open File Location” open.
- Moving ahead, right click on the “reboot.bat” file and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Make sure not to close the window which opens manually. This window will be closed automatically once the reboot.bat utility is finished.
Following the above steps, restart your computer to complete this process. Once you are done with this process, then open the QuickBooks desktop application and check for the presence of the QuickBooks error. If the error still exists, move on to the next remedy.
Solution 5. Perform Windows System File Checker
Here are the steps you can easily perform to perform the windows system file checker on your PC.
- Firstly, on your PC, go to the windows start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Thereon, type “Command” in the insert field.
- After that, press and hold the “Ctrl + Shift” keys together and hit the enter key.
- After that, a permission dialog box will be open on your screen, followed by a click on the “Yes” option.
- Moving ahead, type “SCF/ Scannow” and press the enter button.
- Then, the time system file checker will start scanning for the error code.
Also Read – Set Up Multi-User Network In QuickBooks
Solution 6. Update the Security Software to Latest Release
The next solution is to update the security software to the latest release. The steps that you can follow to update the security software are as follows.
- First of all, download the new updates of the security software on your PC.
- Thereon, add the Program/ Component Exceptions through them manually.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks desktop application again and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Once you are done with the steps, then make sure to follow the next solution as well.
Solution 7. Examine the Antivirus Settings
Sometimes the antivirus software can disable QuickBooks from running smoothly. If the below-mentioned programs appear in the quarantine, then you have to allow the permissions to these programs so that the QuickBooks can work properly.
Below mentioned is the list of the programs that you have to allow full permissions in the antivirus software.
Also, ensure that these files are stored at > C:\ Program Files\ Intuit/ QuickBooks (year).
Also Read – QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Status Code 11118
Solution 8. Perform the Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop Application
If the QuickBooks error 80029c4a arises due to installation issues, clean installing the QuickBooks desktop application can help you resolve the error.
Below are the steps you can follow to clean install the QuickBooks.
- Commence this process by noting all the important information about your QuickBooks product, i.e., license number, product key, and version.
- Now, navigate to the control panel settings of your PC.
- Then, under the control panel, click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- The next step is to click on the “Programs” option.
- Now, under the list of the available programs, click on the “QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- Then click on the QuickBooks option and the Uninstall or change option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Remove” option.
- At last, click on the “Next” option, and then the QuickBooks desktop will get uninstalled from your system.
Once you have installed the application, the next step is to install the application again.
- First, check the system requirements for installing the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Thereon, open the downloaded installation file with the .exe extension.
- Moving ahead, double-click on the file to start the installation process.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process of QuickBooks.
- Then, provide your product’s license number and product key, and click on the “Next” option.
- Following the above steps, select the recommended custom installation.
- Once the completion process ends, then launch the QuickBooks software.
- Moving ahead, click on the “File” menu option.
- After that, click on the “Activate QuickBooks Desktop” under the drop-down list.
- At last, follow the on-screen instructions to activate your QuickBooks version.
The Last Note
We hope you find this blog well. This blog post has covered all the information about the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. Above, we have listed eight solutions you can easily follow to resolve the error. In case you face any problem while performing the steps mentioned above or have any other queries related to the topic, then you can reach out to us through the chat box. You can also write us your query through mail at (XXXXX).
We will see you soon with a new interesting blog.