TurboTax is a great application for filing taxes. However, you may encounter TurboTax error 1719 when filing your taxes. The error can take place due to a faulty Windows Installer. When the error occurs, you don’t need to panic. You can start looking for the possible reasons behind the error and list them.
Once listed, you need to suppress the possible reasons one by one and check if the TurboTax error code 1719 is fixed or not. Feeling stressed? This post has everything covered for you so that you can fix the error on your own. Let’s start!
Also Read: Change TurboTax Password
Finding it difficult to eliminate the TurboTax error 1719? Give us a call @ +1 855 706 0905 and get the right help.
TurboTax Error 1719: Error Description
When you try to launch the program for your tax filing, it can show up an error message on your screen:
The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed.
This error code shows that there is some issue with the Windows Installer. Due to this issue, you will face difficulties in installing or uninstalling the program. Besides, the error can also be related to the MSIEXEC.EXE indicating that the Windows System Files are missing or damaged.
You may not be able to harvest the program to its fullest potential when the error code 1719 shows up on your screen. Moving ahead, let’s discuss the common reasons behind the error listed in the next section.
Also Read: TurboTax Error 190
Possible Reasons Behind TurboTax Error Code 1719?
Keeping an eye on the possible reasons behind the error can be helpful in the error resolution. Below are some of the primary reasons that can give birth to TurboTax error message 1719. Check the list:
- A damaged or corrupt Windows Installer can be one of the main reasons behind the error.
- A corrupt Windows Registry is also a possible factor that evokes the error code 1719 in TurboTax.
- Corruption in the MSIEXEC.EXE file.
How To Fix TurboTax Error 1719?
Now that you are fully aware of the TurboTax error 1719, we can proceed further and discuss its possible troubleshooting solutions. The conflicted Windows Installer and damaged MSIEXEC.EXE are the primary reasons behind the error; therefore, the troubleshooting should be focused on resolving these issues. The step-by-step assistance for error resolution is explained in the below-given list:
Also Read: TurboTax Error 42016
Solution 1: Terminate The Processes In The Task Manager
The processes running in the background can interfere with the program, thereby promoting the TurboTax error 1719. Let’s see how to get it done:
- First of all, you need to click right on the Taskbar.
- Thereafter, select the Task Manager to proceed further.
- Now, navigate to the Process tab and move to the next step.
- Here, you need to discover the Intuit update service.
- Once found, click the End Process button.
- After that, you need to go to the Details tab.
- Next, find the MSlexec.exe file.
- Finally, click on the End Process button to conclude this procedure.
After completing this method, check if the TurboTax 2017 error code 1719 is resolved or not. If not, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Run Windows System File Checker To Fix TurboTax Error 1719
Running System File Checker can help you run the TurboTax program on your Windows OS smoothly. Follow the below stated steps:
- First things first, you need to open the Command Prompt on Windows.
- If you are a Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, click right on the Start button to move ahead.
- Thereafter, select the Command Prompt from the result that appears next.
- *Note: Here, you need to ensure that you have logged in with admin rights.
- Windows 7 users need to click on the Start button followed by selecting All Programs.
- Next, click the Accessories option.
- Once done, click straight on the Command Prompt.
- Now select the Run as administrator option to proceed further.
- Enter your credentials and click Allow button.
- When in Command Prompt window, type in “SFC /SCANNOW.
- Finally, click Enter to complete this procedure.
Try to run the TurboTax application without getting the error. However, if the error code still appears, try the next method.
Also Read: Query Processing Error QuickBooks
Solution 3: Run Windows Installer Services
Erroneous Windows Installer service is one of the foremost reasons that can bring forth TurboTax error code 1719. You need to make sure that the service is running properly on your computer. To do so, follow the below-described steps:
- Firstly, click on the Start button to start this method.
- Next, type Services.msc in the area specified for the search.
- Moving ahead, click the Enter key.
- Now move down using your mouse and click the Windows Installer option.
- Here, you need to click the Manual button when making the selection for “Startup type.”
- After that, hit the Start button.
- In the end, click the OK button to complete this task.
Solution 4: Clean Your Windows Registry
If the TurboTax error 1719 continues to trouble you, follow the below-listed steps:
- Open Run Windows (Windows + R) on your computer in the first place.
- In the Run box, you need to type “Regedit”.
- After typing, click the OK button.
- You may also utilize the search bar by clicking Windows + S keys together.
- In this option also, you need to enter “Regedit” in the search area.
- Select “Regedit” when you see the result that appears next.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H202
The solutions explained in this post can help you troubleshoot the TurboTax error 1719. For simplified troubleshooting, you may give us a call on our helpline number, and the experts will guide you with step-by-step assistance.